1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. Tracking has not updated anything about my Margo head since June 3rd last weekend........when she had reached La Havre in France. The next stop after that was the airport down the road from me (less than 20 minutes away!) so I am not sure if Customs have caught my package and that is the cause of the delay.
      I will just have to wait for an email to see what happens next.

Any news on your head kuro?

And thank you for the photos and for sharing your experience about the new hand sculpt Moria_ash. And it is very interesting to see the different aesthetic of the Maskcat and Volks sculpts too....thanks for the photos.

2. Margo arrived and she is so delicate and pretty. This is her default wig and eyes, and a Dollheart dress. I wish the spotting on her cheeks wasn't quite so bold, but I do like that the color isn't just flat.
      She sits so nicely!
      [​IMG]

3. Congratulations! She is really is so lovely, I really hope that mine looks as good as your girl does. And I am so pleased that she sits so well for you too.
      And that dress fits perfectly too by the look of it.

What colour resin did you get her in please?
      I see what you mean about the cheeks, I must prepare myself for that on my girl too as it seems to be their particular style for blushing at the moment.......doesn't it.

4. Hi this is the pink skin. Maybe yours won't be so spotted. I like a little variance, but this almost looks like rosacea. I might try adding some blush. It doesn't look as noticeable in person.

The Dollheart is size SD10/13. The waist is a bit tight and the bust is a bit loose - but it fit right on and looks great! Her Luts shoes fit fine without socks. I ended up with 2 left high heeled feet, lol. They are mailing me a right foot.

5. Thanks Melly.
      DHL have just update their website and my girl has spent FIVE days in La Havre in France..........and she is still there! Though there is now an estimated delivery date of Friday for her *bounce*
      I think she likes it in France so I might have to give her a French name! LOL!

I really do like your girl so I am getting really excited about this head now.
      I need to get the Nerine head off the body so that I can start this new way of playing..........body share!
      Wish me luck as in all the years of me collecting BJD's I have never managed to play this way. And I bought my first BJD in 2004!

And what a bother about the two left shoes you were sent, but great that they are correcting their mistake.
      I know that the Musedoll shoes I already have fit this body so I will choosing one of those pairs for my girl to wear.

6. @Jane My girl is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Friday) - did you receive your girl today?!

@Melly123 The more I see Margo, the more I love her! There's something about her mold, that at first glance you think she is sort of ordinary, but you can't stop looking back again and again ;)

7. Thank you for asking........I paid a Customs charge on her this morning so with luck I should have her tomorrow.
      I still haven't taken Nerine off the body yet though!

8. Jane and Kuro - how exciting that delivery is so close!! Yay!

9. Thank you Melly123!
      Rather 'foolishly' thought I would try a new look with Karenza (my Nerine) today.

[​IMG]

I really do like her like this........she has much more character in this wig than than the red wigs I usually have her in.
      *bother*
      I think I am going to find this body sharing a lot more difficult than I thought it would be! LOL!

10. She looks great, @Jane! I really love that wig on her :)

11. Thank you so much.......I love to see how difference a wig makes.
      I wonder just how much difference there is going to be between my Karenza and the new Margo head? I will find out tomorrow

12. I love your Nerine head Jane

I was surprised how snug the wig fits on Margo. I didn't put a wig cap on. But I have no other SDs or wigs to experiment with.

I need one more SD to sit with Margo in my curio case. I can't decide whether to get another Maskcat and dress them similarly or get a boyfriend - like Luts SDF65 or Migidoll 65.

Any thought or help? I'll have to buy clothes and a wig no matter which I get.

#32 Melly123, Jun 8, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    13. @Melly123
      Another Margo! she is so pretty :drooland the dress looks great on her! And OMG you got her default wig :o I order mine through Taobao and there was no default wig so I just found something that looked similar.
      And for the future partner of your Margo...it's really a tough choice... I also got three Luts SDF65 boys and they are really handsome. But I am not sure whether you want the couple has the same 'style' or not. It might not be as extreme as the case of my Fargo & Jo combination, but Luts dolls also have that that kind of 'anime-style' faces, which might not harmonize with the more 'realistic style' of the Maskcatdoll girls very well . I don't have a Migidoll but based on the pictures I found on the internet they seem to be more 'on the realistic side' like Maskcatdoll.

@Jane
      Your Karenza is lovely:love I think simply by changing the wig makes the whole image different is one of the fascinating things of BJD hobby. I am also a PVC figure collector but they can never be as flexible as BJD.
      I think your Margo will arrive very soon! And the body-sharing thing...my dolls do it all the time XDD. There are never enough bodies for all of my dolls because of the lack of space and money. (well space is a larger concern because I can always save up for a new doll but my house will never grow bigger) My three Maskcatdoll girls (Margo, Liz and Evelyn) are now sharing 1 body but I just bought a Guudoll body during the sales campaign. It will arrive tomorrow I guess? Hope it work well with my Liz lol.

14. @Moria_ash What brillaint suggestions about a possible partner for Melly123's Margo!
      From what I have seen of Migidoll in photos, I think you are spot on and that they have a similar aesthetic to the Maskcat girls.....good thinking!
      Edit: I just saw that Migidoll was already on Melly's possible list *duh me* :eusa_sile

And thank you too for your support about this body sharing that I am trying for the first time. I have the same problem of it being lack of space being the real driving force behind this decision.

Today should be a good day for arrivals then with your Guudoll body and my Margo head.
      I am interested to see how your Liz hybrid will work.

15. I just got shipping notification on my Melodie. She is leaving Hong Kong! She will have another Maskcat body but
      I also am in the sharing bodies state - due to space with my big Dollstown girls, but the shared heads are blank so far.
      I saved one of the cases that Summo oranges came this winter so I will be able to safely store them once they are painted.

16. Brilliant news Martha....I hope your girl gets to you asap. I m really looking forward to seeing owner photos of her.

And at last my Margo head is here.....but she didn't arrive until late in the afternoon.
      However I do not have her on the body yet, as unfortunately she arrived with a pin prick of black dirt on her chin *wail*
      I tried to ignore it but couldn’t, and so emailed the wonderful Nouma from Maskcat and asked for help. I also sent a couple of photos to show the dirt speck.
      Nouma talked me through how to clean that dirt off the face without damaging the face-up, I was very worried, but I managed it and now I am thrilled with my lovely new girl.

I will play with her later tonight and find some smaller glass eyes for her. I can see that her eye-sockets are not even so I am not sure how hard that will make putting in new eyes.
      The left eye is more 'hooded' near the bridge of her nose than her right eye is.
      And I love how my girl has been painted.............it so delicate and exactly what I wanted (even though I didn't know it! LOL!)

I am thrilled with this new Maskcat doll and can’t wait to try her on the body now. :dance

17. Congratulations Jane!

18. Thank you! I can't wait to get her onto the body now but that will have to wait until tomorrow, it is too late here now.
      I will sit and make lists of possible names instead tonight.........are you giving your Margo a new name?

19. My Margo is named Tara.

[​IMG]New Girls by Martha David, on Flickr

I still need to finish her face - her eyelashes have come but need gluing and she needs a little gloss.
      I also have fabric to make a light green dress.

20. Gosh! You Margo looks so different from mine.........I love how a face-up changes a doll so much.
      I hope you find time soon to make her dress.