1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. Thank you so much for the answer.......I love that extra hand sculpt. :love

2. Beautiful girls! The new hand sculpts are so incredibly pretty! I'd love to see more photos of the new body posing and of those beautiful hands.

The normal skin color looks very pretty and easy to photograph - how does it seem in real life?

3. I'll try to get some more pictures soon :) the posing on these girls is AMAZING. They can almost balance on one foot, which I've never had an SD size doll capable of doing!

The resin is really lovely, it has a nice texture without being too rough, and the color is lovely and mellow, maybe a bit peachy. It's the best resin this side of Dollshe, as far as I'm concerned. :D

4. @roserising - Oh, that's nice to hear (about the color) - I'm glad it isn't super pink!

I can't decide between Margo, Frances, Astrid, and Juni (who is cute in a very different way), but I love looking at photos while I agonize lol.

Out of curiosity, would you say that the company measurement of 57cm is accurate? I had heard someone say the 26cm girls seemed shorter than that.

Also, if anyone who has the new body has time, I'd love to know how long an open hand (including the ball joint) measures. I have some jointed hands that are too big for a smaller doll and I'm curious to see if they would fit this body (I'd like this character to have jointed hands even though the Maskcat solid hands are so expressive and pretty).

Thank you!

5. Hello everyone. I ordered a normal skin Lisette and a tan skin Astrid. My Astrid is arriving this week so I wanted to join the discussion and my Lisette will hopefully come soon. I contacted the company and they said another month wait after I ordered in the very beginning of June.

@StellaMarigold I have the new body coming in so I can take some pictures for you this week and get measurements for you^_^ and all those sculpts as so cute, I don't blame you for struggling to decide.

6. @KiwiNinamori - Thank you! If you have time that would be great!

And oh, a tan skin Astrid will be gorgeous! The Maskcat tan looks really nice - not orange at all and not too red or too yellow.

7. Oh, I've been wanting to order an Astrid and debating skin tone. I can't wait to see your tan girl!!

8. @StellaMarigold I agree! The tan is just the right middle shade!

@Cauldroness My package came today! So I'm going to record a box opening and post pictures on here XD

9. @KiwiNinamori - Yay! Congratulations! I'm glad it arrived safely :)

10. @Jane Thank you for my Lisette!

@KiwiNinamori A tan Astrid? It's going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see her ^__^

11. I'm still pretty new to BJDs, waiting for my first one to arrive, but omg I just discovered Maskcat's dolls and I think one of their 57cm ones will be my second, they're so gorgeous!!

12. @KiwiNinamori Congratulations! She looks so nice. And it may be strange, but her feet are beautiful XD

13. @KiwiNinamori Congratulations! I'm watching your unboxing now! As for the sculpt I'm thinking of, I'm considering two for now, but it depends a bit on whether I want my second one to my the older sister or the older cousin of my first.

This is the sculpt of my first girl, a Luts Senior Delf Iris:
      [​IMG]

And I'm considering either Maskcat's Juni or Bruna!
      Bruna for an older sister, Juni for a cousin...
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#395 Ruinscathedral, Sep 29, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    14. @roserising Thank you!
      @Follow-the-Wind Lol I completely agree. There is nothing weird about appreciating sculpting XD
      @Ruinscathedral oh wow I think both of those sculpts will work great as her relatives! The chin has a nice resemblance and eye shape

15. @KiwiNinamori.....that new body looks so different from the one I have for my doll, altogether slimmer and more delicate looking. Congratulations!

16. Amaliya and Mischka got new clothes today! I'm so happy. Finally, the girls have clothes of their own! :D

This is my favorite picture from today... not the most dignified (on a cardboard box?!) but her expression is so sweet:

[​IMG]

And here are a couple of pictures of Mischka and Amaliya in their new outfits:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Does anyone have a Bruna that is willing to share owner pics? I love the promotional photos but I'd love to see a little more of her in different styles.

18. @KiwiNinamori - I never congratulated you on your gorgeous tan Astrid! Thanks for the box opening video and all the photos. She is just lovely!

It looks like the feet are attached using s-hooks, but I can't tell for the hands. Do they use magnets? Either way, they are beautifully designed.