1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. @StellaMarigold thank you ^_^ her hands and feet are both connected with s-hooks which makes me relieved since I would be more afraid to lose a magnet.

And I recently made a wig for my girl before I sent her off for a faceup so next time I show pictures of her she'll have a faceup!
      [​IMG]

2. @KiwiNinamori - Yes! I'm glad to hear that! I can appreciate the convenience of magnets, but I've had some awful times trying to glue magnets back into hands (they would not cooperate, kept turning over, hopping out of the socket, etc.). S-hooks are good!

I love the color and texture of the wig you made! Tan skin and pale hair is one of my favorite combinations. Looking forward to seeing her faceup!

3. Does anyone knows if MYOU resin matches Masckat doll?
      I have a Myou body and would love to make a hybrid !

4. I am joining the MaskCat club! Have Astrid and Yael on order before they are gone. Will I shop SD13 for shoes for them? I read SD13 for clothes. Would love to see as many photos of them as can be, thanks!

Also, what is the edition size of these dolls? And what feet and hands come standard with them?

5. Have I missed something? Are Astrid and Yael being discontinued?

6. @Lee Turner - you can see all the measurements and details of what parts (feet, hands) come with the body at Maskcatdoll's website: MaskcatDoll

If you buy a full 57cm doll you will receive the extra hands and feet as part of the package.

The flat feet are 6.7cm in length so SD/SD13 shoes seem like they will fit. And many promotional photos seem to show the dolls wearing shoes from Alice's Collections.

For example, these Oxford shoes:
      Shoes for BJD Dolls - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections
      one off project-Melodie

And these loafers:
      Shoes for BJD Dolls - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections
      MMD04 (8)

7. I have Yael and Juni. Love love them. The version 3 body is slim with nice posing. Hands are beautiful. SD13 shoes fit nice. Does anyone know if Volks SD clothes fit them?
      I will post photos this weekend. When they arrived I sold my Smartdolls. There is no comparison. :)
      Thank you, @StellaMarigold for shoe source.

8. @Oliveoil - You're welcome! They are such beautiful dolls, aren't they? I'm still torn between Margo and Ronia, even though I love both Yael and Juni, too. The good thing is if I have the body I can always order other heads in the future!

I'm glad to hear the body poses well! I've seen some videos and it looks really flexible. I'm in love with the beautiful hands of the version 3 body - they are just amazing.

Do you have an Instagram or Flickr page with photos of your dolls?

9. I just got an Alice in Labyrinth head and it's pretty peachy.... I was wondering if AiL NS and Maskcat NS were a good combination. I do love the bodies so I'm hoping so. Can anyone help with that comparison?

10. @vermaxen: Hi! I have a Yael in NS, which is their old pink skin. It's a gorgeous color, but not "peachy" in my opinion.

A few pictures of her under different lightings:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

11. @lyaam12 I see what you mean! Thanks for posting those pictures. I'm inclined to agree with you that there is no peachy tone. This was very helpful!

Love that thoughtful face, very serene. :)

12. Thank you all for the photos and information! I think I will love these dolls!

Etsy popup kept saying these dolls were almost gone, first Astrid and then Yael a day later, so did not know if a set LE size? Also the site shows a few dolls as sold out.

So much to learn about a new company. But fun!

#413 Lee Turner, Dec 10, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    13. Oh, that's just whatever "stock" number they've keyed into the Etsy system. Whenever it runs low/sells out, Maskcat will go in and add more "stock" into the Etsy system. The pop-up is Etsy trying to get you to buy, because Etsy gets a percentage of the sales total (in fact, if you ask Maskcat, they prefer you order through their website as then they don't have to pay Etsy any fees).

There WAS a limited edition version of Astrid (who has sold out), but that doesn't affect the basic version.

14. Thank you @Cauldroness for that information about ordering through the website rather than Etsy. I have an Etsy shop myself and fees aren't fun! (although I'm grateful to Etsy for a secure and easy to work with platform).

Edited to add: although it does appear to be tiny bit more expensive to order through their website (shipping costs more).

I am SO torn between Margo, Ronia, and Juni. Anyone have any photos of Juni without a company faceup? I've seen lots of photos of the other two girls, but Juni is rarer.

#415 StellaMarigold, Dec 10, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    15. I emailed Maskcat about the shipping difference between Etsy and their website. It's an issue they're trying to fix, but in the meanwhile they refunded me the difference! So I got the cheaper shipping shown on Etsy, but ordered through the Maskcat site.

16. @Cauldroness - Oh, that's so nice of them! Thank you for letting us know!

17. This is my Juni full set. I am so happy I got her. Default face up.

[​IMG]

18. Yael Full set, default face up...She is wearing an etsy outfit for Smartdoll. :)

[​IMG]

19. They are beautiful, @Oliveoil! Juni's full-set is really beautiful (I love Maskcat's clothing style).