1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. Does anyone have both a Maskcat and a Volks girl with their company faceups? If so, I was wondering if I could see them side by side to see how well the two styles of face-ups go together?

2. I know that KiwiNinamori, both here and on YouTube, made a lovely video opening a tan Astrid! Maybe you could watch her video or message her with any questions?

3. I skimmed through it briefly but didn't see any mention of sanding - did I miss it, or did she mention elsewhere that she has sanded the tan resin?

4. She didn't mention it in the video though I believe she mentioned that seams from casting were visible as the company was also worried about discoration with sanding. I figured you could always message her to ask if she's sanded or modified her in any way? She's the only person I've seen with a tan Maskcat.

5. Hello everyone :3 I am the proud owner of a Maskcat Doll Francis named Quaneia. I'm so excited to share - I'm terrible at sharing pictures of my dolls, and she's still missing a wig and an outfit - I'll be making both myself, but so far I've only cut the pattern for her underwear and finished a pair of jeans. Still, I just can't resist sharing a little of her while she's in the works.

She's based on the character of a doll I found as a child. She'd been abandoned by someone (lots of cousins, no one really owned her) and she'd been left outside on the deck at my grandmother's house, in a heap of junk that had been cleared out of somewhere.

Quanie's character was smart, outspoken, and beautiful, and in a time when brown dolls were hard to come by, I loved her and she was my favourite for a long time. I don't really remember how I lost her (we moved a lot, and my dolls were often casualties of clean-outs.) but I spotted Francis on the MP here on DoA and I thought: 'she's like Quaneia all grown up!' and bought her immediately.

Anyway, here she is - bald but freshly painted - awaiting a mani / pedi, and some body blushing when I get the chance:

[​IMG]

6. Teruchan her faceup is beautiful! Isn't it fun when the perfect doll finds you? Can't wait to see how you proceed with her. :)

7. Thank you so much!! I'm super chuffed to finally share a decent dolly pic! :sweat

I'm starting on Quanie's first wig tonight. I usually make two or three for my femme presenting dolls because I like them to change between braids, curls, and flatironed straight styles, so her first one will be curly, and the second will most likely be twists or braids. <excited; excited>

8. @Teruchan what a wonderful origin story, and she looks beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with her :)

9. Has anyone tried a Maskcat head on a Myou body? How is the scale and color comparison? Was wondering if the pink skin in particular is a good match

10. I wanted to share another pic of Quan with her wig! I finally finished making it (it was supposed to take one night and wound up being closer to a week :sweat but it was worth it! The pic doesn't do the volume of that hair justice.

[​IMG]

11. Teruchan, it's looks splendid! Nice curls but not a giant poof like the fur wig I made long ago. :)

12. @Teruchan Quaneia is absolutely gorgeous!! The wig suits her perfectly, you did a beautiful job on it :love What type of fiber did you use? The texture is so pretty!

13. Thank you so much! I purchased Senegalese twists (a type of tight, sleek individual twist that you can also buy pre-created for use as a crochet protective style). They were originally for another doll, but I'd had to cut them, so I unraveled the unused halves for this wig. I plan to do a little more experimentation (I have faux locs as well and a whole bunch of other things from my local hair store) so her second wig should look pretty different.

14. @Teruchan Can't wait to see the results of your next wigmaking experiment, I'm sure your gal is going to look lovely! It's so fun to have multiple hairstyles to switch between, I hope to do the same for some of my dolls <3

15. I have Maskcat Yael and Juni with company face up.I do not have Volks SD but I do have Volks standard MSD Noa.I can take a photo if that would help. Let me know. :)

16. That would be really great, thank you!

17. @Ruinscathedral ...Not the best picture but it gives you an idea on Volks Standard face up and Maskcat.

[​IMG]

18. First of all - THANK YOU! I really appreciate you taking the time to take the picture! Secondly, sorry I didn't reply immediately, I was under the weather that week. This was really useful, thank you again. Your girls are gorgeous :love

19. My MaskCat dolls came today! I am pleased with them. Totally different from other bjds I have. I think they will be fun to have. MC put brown eyes in both and I like the wigs they sent. Hope some dresses I made for my Juliets will work for them at least for now. I give MC a thumbs up. First MC I have. Astrid and Yael. Now to see how to get images here.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Hope some of the clothes for my Juliets may work. Will see?

[​IMG]

#480 Lee Turner, Apr 20, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2021