1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. Yes, these dolls are fun to dress!

I got my Frances a month ago -- and production times are definitely longer. It was 3 months when I ordered, and 4 months by the time I got her. I thought she was the most beautiful doll ever, and got my courage up to buy my first SD. I'd handled my friend's SDs, and thought it seemed manageable.

Well, the doll I got didn't look anything like her pictures! Plus, she was so tightly strung that I couldn't change her hands and feet. I had to cut the elastic, and didn't have enough of the right size to redo the whole doll. I had to use smaller elastic for the arms. I clumsily restrung her. Turns out, that's how they are normally strung, and I'm just a wimp.

I then carefully looked at her pictures again, and she really doesn't look much like them. Something that looks good in 2D may well not translate into 3D. Her legs are really clunky, for example, and her nose is pretty big. I almost sent her back. She's not the doll of my dreams, but she is very pretty, and looks great in the wardrobe I had been collecting all summer.

I've changed all my expectations and am now glad I got her!

2. hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with something, i'm considering buying an astrid head and want to know if proportionally they would fit on a 65cm body, maskcat girls are pretty short so i'd like to see if it looks okay before i commit to buying.

3. @Chraurelius aureliu : Congrats on your Frances! It's hard to get a good idea about a doll you never see in person, but I'm glad to see it worked out for you! I have a Frances head too, waiting for a body to hybrid her on. I'd love to see pictures of your Frances!

@Enchiridion : I think it could be fine if the neck fit and if the resin matches, though I don't have a 65cm body to confirm. Maskcat heads are, to me, pretty big proportionally to the Maskcat body, so it could look "right" or "adult-like" on a taller body.

4. If you have a specific body in mind, then you can look at the heads that are meant to go on that body and compare the head circumference to Astrid's head. I'd also recommend comparing the shoulder widths of that body and the Maskcat body. These measurements can give you a general idea of what the hybrid might look like.

5. Just popping by to drop a few photos of one of my favorite girls, Judit! She's a Maskcat Bruna with a faceup from art_jjanji on instagram. She's been wearing a nightgown for like... 8 months now, but soon I'll commission her a proper dress!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. She's beautiful!

7. @Ruinscathedral - what a beautiful faceup! I love how soft it is, and how well it complements her hair and eyes.

8. My Maskcat Juni arrived today! No photos yet, as I don't really have anything decent for her to wear, but she is so lovely and I love the skin color! It is more creamy than super pink - just what I like!

Some things: she is heavier than I thought! But the resin is beautifully smooth and feels very high quality. Also, she's strung pretty tightly. I was able to take off her head (my usual experiment) but I can't change her hands or feet yet.

Also, on that note, the order was missing a few things - two sets of hands and one set of feet. I did order an extra Juni head back in October so it is possible they are shipping later separately, but I never asked for a shipping update or indicated any impatience to them, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't just wait and ship everything together (also, I only paid one shipping fee). I originally ordered in mid August, so four months is amazingly fast already. I wasn't expecting her until January or February!

I sent them a message about the missing pieces so I'll report back with their response. I am a little worried about the resin batches matching if they somehow forgot them and have to cast them, but Maskcatdoll is a good company and I'm sure they'll do their best.

9. Congrats! Your wait time gives me some hope that mine won't take 6+ months like I originally expected. I ordered my Maskcat body in early September, and the idea that it could potentially be finished soon is exciting, even if my Dollzone head will probably still take 6 months or so regardless.

Also, I was going to say that you could post a photo of her anyway, but I don't really know how to say "She doesn't need to be wearing anything" without feeling like I seem creepy, even though BJDs are the only hobby I can think of where it is socially acceptable to ask for nudes.

10. @Ara.dox - Hopefully your order will arrive sooner than anticipated! I really did not expect mine to come in so quickly (even if there are parts missing, which may cause future delays).

Your comment about "not needing to be wearing anything" made me laugh X) - I'll try to take some photos later!

11. Very exciting @StellaMarigold.
      Look forward to seeing photos, and I hope you get the missing pieces sorted.

Has everyone seen the new 1/3 sculpt Willow?
      She is amazing!

12. @StellaMarigold Congrats! I too was surprised by the weight of the Maskcat dolls, but at least they are very good at posing and honestly I like that feeling of heaviness. She feels more solid to me. I hope you get your extra parts soon. As you mentioned Maskcat is a good company so I don't think there will be any problem with that.

I saw her the day or two after complaining to my bf about the lack of Maskcat girls with half-closed eyes and how I really need one for a sister for my Lisette and ohhh boy.... Willow shows up and I fell in love :nosebleed

13. Argh, Willow looks really good...she's quite closer to what I initially wanted for a character. She looks so deep in thought and I have a big weakness for that.

Apparently, we can buy the head separately as well, so I am kinda considering buying her in WS. Decisions, decisions...(I'll probably give in though :XD: )

14. Hi all! I've been a long fan of Maskcat and with the anniversary event going on I put in my order! Super excited to share pictures of my tan Lisette when she arrives and see who else ordered as well! Anyone have plans for their Willow yet?

15. Should I ever buy a WS Willow, she will probably be my sickly mourning mother character. I think the sculpt could be interesting for a geisha-like character too, but that's a whole other concept.

I give myself until the end of next week to decide but I always had such weakness to Maskcat girls that I doubt I'll manage to resist. XD

16. @lyaam12 Really?? Oh no, now I really have to consider her too :aeyepop: I thought you had to do a $500+ order to get her, which after buying my SD is impossible, but if you can only order the head.... Then my doll savings are in danger.

#618 Caramello_Cat, Dec 3, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    17. @Caramello_Cat : Bwahaha me too, at first I was like "oh she's gorgeous, but I don't have any plan that involve 500 USD order" and just to be sure, I asked Banyo on the forum and the option to order the head separately was added, so I think I may have doomed both our savings. XD

At any rate, I think, but I am not sure, that Willow is still limited, so I have to decide until the end of this year. (Though my mind is 90 % made up TBH )

#619 lyaam12, Dec 3, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    18. Has anyone received replies to messages sent to Maskcatdoll via email or Instagram DM? I sent them an email and then a DM about my incomplete order about 3-4 days ago but still no reply. I know they are probably quite busy with the new event, but I am a bit worried. I would like to know how my concern will be resolved. I'm missing two pairs of feet, two pairs of hands, and an extra head.