1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. Hmm I wonder why the variation, then. Maybe stringing? But I've actually been very happy with how Poppy is strung; she holds poses and stands really well!

I finished my first full outfit for Poppy and I am pretty happy with it!

[​IMG]
      Poppy
      by Claudia, on Flickr

I wasn't planning on her wearing this red Maskcat wig but I'm really liking it tied back like this :)

2. Very cute. I love the top!

3. I like the outfit too.....it really suits her. And I like it teamed with those boots too.

I see you have switched the hands over too......was it easy to do?

4. @nancy_schroeder_ca Thanks Nancy!

@Jane Thanks Jane! It was really easy to switch the hands. Just pull the hand until you expose the s-hook and give it a quarter turn so it rests in the small grooves. Then you can hook the hands off and on easily :)

5. Ah yes i noticed this problem on her ankles and already fix it now :)

6. @Jane
      Your Martha is always so amazing! She looks comfortable in her little doll house:love And did you make those furniture and fireplace yourself? They are lovely!! I wish I could make some props for my dolls...
      I tried to sit my Fargo as your instruction(the more natural pose),she hold that pose for like 20 mins and then she flop backwards again. With her torso straight she flops backwards almost immediately (until I lean her against something) so I consider this a kind of improvement :) Thank you!

7. @Moria_ash Thank you! And yes I did make the fireplace.....out of card, paper and foam board and a piece of off-cut wood from Ikea for the mantel shelf.
      And I slightly deconstructed the armchair and foot stool so that they would work for my BJD's......I guess they were made to work with AG dolls. I ripped off the top cushion from the footstool and then repaired the hole I made doing that with fabric from the top cushion. And then I pulled out most of the stuffing from the seat of the chair making it look far more comfy and real.

But what a shame that your doll does not sit as well the ones that Martha and I have *sigh*

8. Regarding the posing - This is my new Melodie (I haven't come up with another name yet) sitting with her back completely straight. I had some issues initially because her one leg was turned but once It was straight she sat like a champ.
      [​IMG]Melodie -- Maskcatdoll by Martha David, on Flickr

there are a couple of other pictures with her sitting on flickr

9. @Xiaoli Huge congratulations! Your Melodie is fabulous *gasp* a Melodie has just marked her place on the top of my Maskcat wish list after seeing your fabulous girl.
      I love her face-up and I love that dress too....wow!

10. @Jane
      The fireplace is amazing! And thank you for telling me about the furniture for AG dolls! I guess AG dolls are not popular enough in my city so I have never seen them and stuffs for them around. It seems AG dolls furniture fit 1/3 scale BJD quite well? I am definitely going to check their website :XD:

@Xiaoli
      Your Melodie's is stunning! She looks exactly like the official pictures...so gentle and peaceful...and her official dress!!! Was the violin included in the full set? She's so tempting...! (no, no, I am saving up for one more body for my Evelyn...don't tempt me :...(
      I really wish Maskcatdoll could sell their official dress in the future. I need the Margo and Evelyn 's dress :eusa_pray

11. @Moria_ash AG furniture is a fun resource for our dolls but it doesn't have a consistent scale so you need to treat each piece as you see it. Some items work perfectly with MSD dolls and some work best with SD ones..........and some need a little tinkering with to make them work with our dolls.
      We don't have AG over here in the UK so I either have to wait for someone over here to sell off what they have, or take a chance on the scale and order online. But that carries a nasty sting in its tail as I then have to pay a customs fee on top of the purchase price on something I am not 100% would work with my SD dolls. And that custom fee is randomly priced, so sometimes it is free (or low) and other times it is HUGE!
      Needless to say, that I don't do the latter at all now.

And I wish the official full set dresses were available to buy too.

12. Xiaoli your Melodie is beautiful! Congrats!! And Jane, I love your Margo! So different than mine!! I'm glad to know There is hope for my Margo (Claudette)'s sitting issue. Beginning to think it's a stringing issue. In about 4 weeks I'll get my tan Ronia! Excited for my group of Maskcat girls to grow!

13. @Eacretp isn't it great how much styling, a face-up and resin colour can make a doll look so different! Good luck with the re-string.
      And you have a tan Ronia on order! Congratulations!

14. Thank your for all your nice comments about by Melodie. The dress, socks, shoes, wig and violin all came with her.

15. @Xiaoli, Your Melody is wonderful! I already have Melodie so I couldn't justify getting the full set! I must give my girl a violin!

16. Ugh, everyone's maskcats are so pretty. Now I want another D'x

I had a playdate with a friend so I have some more pictures of my girl! I'm borrowing the dress but it looks so nice on Del and now I want one

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

17. @LetterJaey
      Thanks for sharing! Beautiful girls and pretty dress! Your pictures made my day!
      I want not just another Maskcatdoll girl but everyone of them lol.

I just saw the official weibo that said a new BOY, together with his twin sister will be released soon! Although it will be a MSD size but...maybe one day we will see a Maskcatdoll SD size boy...?

18. OMG...just saw it on the official website..the new MSD girl looks like a younger Margo!!

19. @LetterJaey what fabulous photos........what are the sculpts please? Edit: I remember! Your girls is a Fay!
      And I would love more Maskcat girls too.

I saw the smaller dolls too, has anyone ordered one?

P.S. I have been caught in the Photobucket debacle so am frantically trying to mend broken links by hosting my photos elsewhere. I think I have mended everything in this discussion thread but if I have missed anything please do let me know. Thanks!

#99 Jane, Jul 17, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    20. Experimenting with a new form of photo hosting for me. Here is my Margo (Claudette). Like these default eyes even more than I thought I would.

https://postimg.org/image/45dmko8tv/][​IMG][/URL]

#100 Eacretp, Jul 18, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 18, 2017