1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature 1/6 Dolls - part 3

Mar 3, 2020

1. what a delightful face!

2. Man, I like these slightly-pudgy Photosynthetic Girls, but I wish you could also buy their wigs and shoes in addition to their dresses! Still, they are just super cute.

3. Oh they are SO cute, wow!! They're a little out of my price range for this scale but wow I love them. They're so cute and soft-looking... I love the sculpt of their tummies, ugh, so cute.

4. Those realy are pretty! But are they on topic? They seem to be lacking ankle joints, but I don't know the stance on that now, they have become a lot more leanient on what body configurations that can be discussed on DoA.

5. Oh, man, I did not even notice that! You're right - they come with three sets of legs and none of those have ankle joints, so they may end up being off-topic. Well, phooey.

6. Oh I hope not--they're jointed everywhere else like all other BJDs... We'll see, I guess! They're super cute though, so I hope they stay on-topic... I want to see them if someone gets one!

EDIT: Oh, I just double-checked the rules, and wrist joints are required but not ankle joints. So I think they're safe!

7. Mods just confirmed in the news post for them that they’re on-topic to boot, so we’re more than good! I’m glad since I love the bodies quite a bit... I’m definitely going to make some room in the budget for one.

8. Wohoo! They are very sweet dolls.

9. Quiethousedoll Nabi is my most favorite out of all my tiny mature dolls.

[​IMG]

10. Hi there! Glad I found this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get wigs for mature tinies? I recently got an Asleep Eidolon Mini Freya secondhand, and while she's absolutely lovely, I'm having a huge amount of trouble finding a wig for her. I've purchased three different wigs, NONE of which fit, leaving me with a lot of money spent and a still bald doll :(

[​IMG]

11. i've tried a monique 4-inch wig and the circumference matched pretty well. the one i had tended to slip off easily, though a small rubber band might solve that...

12. Thank you for the suggestion! I've ordered a cute blue wig in size 4 for her. Here's hoping this one fits! Otherwise I may just have to wait until AE makes another mature tiny - I'm kicking myself for missing Cordelia's wig.

13. If you're willing to order from Taobao, there's a few stores that make wigs that should work on there. (Like Fuga!) Actually, if you check Xagadoll's Taobao page for the male version of the "special body", they recommend a few shops. (Xaga and AE are sister companies, and I think your girl is on the "special body".) Glib also makes some wigs in that size! I'm not sure what you've tried, but 3/4 wigs should work for the most part.

Personally, I make my own because I'm very fussy about that Puff Factor and it's hard to find tiny wigs that don't have that issue. (I know not everyone wants to deal with learning a whole new skill just because they're Fussy though, hahaha.)

14. Parabox is also a good source for all kinds of tiny wigs (and shoes, and clothes). I'm pretty sure that most wigs made for Obitsu 11 dolls will also work, or at least kind of work.

15. Oh yeah, Parabox! How could I forget Parabox... They're great for a lot of things!

16. Does anyone know where I could find alternative hands for my 2013 DIM NS mature tiny? Hers are so small and paddle-like.

17. I have a Dollmore 12" or 1/6 scale doll - actually, I have one in resin (Celia Kidult) and one in vinyl. The vinyl doll is essentially the exact same as the resin doll, just in a different medium. Both are attached with teeny tiny S-hooks. Interestingly, the vinyl doll head is about half a centimeter smaller in diameter than the resin head. On the resin head, you're going to likely need a size 4-5 wig and something to glue it down. The vinyl head needs a straight size 4 wig (or a stretchy size 3-4 - but then again, I like my wigs to fit tightly).
      The hands are slightly larger than, say, Barbie, and are very delicate. Personally, I love them. The vinyl doll is a tan color comparable to a Latina Barbie. The resin is very pale, like a lightly tinted white.

18. My DIM girl Yin was very pale originally, though she's yellowed a bit in the 7 years I've had her. Maybe if I get her the Dollmore hands they'll age to match her. I decided to try ordering them and will see if they work for her.

I've also ordered clothes from several different places in the past week, mostly for my skinny mature tiny ladies. I hope most of it fits!

19. I am not quite sure if these qualify as mature 1/6 dolls, but they are 30cm and don't fit the typical "child/YOSD" style of many tinies - I follow the artist on Instagram so noticed them when I checked the feed yesterday. They are new 30cm dolls by DoDollsDream and they are really cute (I love the stylized body proportions).

Login • Instagram