1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature 1/6 Dolls - part 3

Mar 3, 2020

1. I went ahead and emailed Dollshe about the Fashion Minis and was informed, in essence, that the initial 3D modeling is not completed so they can't give me any production or delivery estimates. (Also it might be because not enough people purchased the doll in question and did I want to upgrade to a bigger doll that already exists?)

I do really want the smaller doll, so I said so (very politely! I feel bad for the poor people who handle Dollshe's email!) and said that I would continue to wait. Still, this doesn't sound good.

2. They may have originally had enough orders but some people have cancelled their orders.

3. That's discouraging. I'm wondering why they started selling dolls this size before they'd made any, or at least finished most of the pre-casting work. As well as being a bad business practice, it seems like a dumb thing to do.

4. I posted some photos of my Laura, showing posing, eye sizes, and clothing options, on the Doll Leaves 20cm thread, and from my understanding a lot of people were displeased with the doll once they got her. Mine went through two owners before me in quick recession, and I've debated selling mine as well--but I love her even with her limits.

Doll Leaves also has another similar sized doll, Milli, who is a centaur but her joints are awful. She basically can't bend her deer legs in any meaningful way. Laura isn't the best, but Milli's joints make her price point a pretty hard sell. I think Doll Leaves needs to spend more time testing their jointing if they're going to continue in the mature tiny market, in my opinion.

5. Thanks for your review @theplushfrog ! I've got 6mm flat back eyes that I hope will suit her, and her posing looks better than my single jointed Soom fairies. They are beautiful, but they are pretty poor posers.

Added: I ordered Jin new hands from Asleep Eidolon directly, as Alice's Collections is only a dealer for their "child" company Xagadoll. With 6mm glass eyes for one of my Soom guys, shipping was as much as what I ordered.:horror: I really hope they fit her!

#286 Leo Pheonix, Oct 29, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    6. My poor Clever Little has been naked for too dang long. I don't really jive with sewing small at all. But his name makes searching a bit tedious. Etsy I don't want a ton of t-shirts that say clever little fox. :doh

Can anyone give me some suggestions for clothing for Clever Little? Ready-made or to-order is fine. I want to dress him up like an elf who is in charge of a forest, so that kind of fantasy-medieval feel?

7. Hello all! I purchased an artist doll from Russia that is about 12cm (she's off topic for DoA I think?), and this has me looking for more mature tiny dolls in the 12-16cm range. I didn't see a mature ultra tiny thread lol and thought you folks would be the most likely to know!

(my wishlist of mature tinies is growing thanks to all your wonderful pictures. I adore mature sculpts but lack room for more SDs, my usual favorites!)

8. Most of my tiny mature BJD's are in the 19cm and up range. I do still have some Elfdoll tinies that are 14cm. I am trying to think if I have any others!

Have you checked the Wiki to see if the artist/company is listed as on topic? There is also info on dolls that are off topic. It is under reference.

9. Hi thanks for replying! I forgot about elf doll. Snd yes, I checked the wiki. She'd be on topic if the artist submitted her, as she meets all the criteria haha (rubydoll01 on Etsy). I love her regardless, but I'd love some other tiny friends for her! I may take the plunge on a slightly larger mature tiny, like the Mascat girls or a Merrydollround Pygmy. There are a lot more options now than back when I took my extended hobby break!

I appreciate any ideas you think of

10. I'm planning to line up my tiny girls and take a picture but dolly time is scarce here!

11. I'd really like to do a full lineup/comparison photo now that I have a handful of mature tinies, but I need sunlight during any of my free time lol :(

12. Denver Doll has a 20cm Doll Leaves Laura in stock. It'll be a while until the grey one I ordered comes home. I took a comparison photo of my mature tiny gang a few years ago, but the tribe has grown since then so I should take new ones. Here's the old one-
      [​IMG]Mature Tiny
      Comparison

Only the shortest guy, a Xagadoll Ken, is currently available

13. I should take a new lineup photo too... It's been a few years, and I sure have added to the collection! Ken looks so tiny compared to the other beefy boys, haha.

EDIT: This isn't a lineup at all, but I did make a few new furniture/accessory items for my two favorites right now, my (second) Xagadoll Syvlia, Aurelie, and my Granado 30Garden, Desiderius.

[​IMG]

I made the chair, the shelf you can kind of see to the left there, and all the books on it--although I didn't design the covers! Those are all printables from Etsy, ahaha.

#294 Idoru, Dec 3, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    14. I just received my DL Laura, in stock from DDE. She doesn't pose well, and is a little hard to find clothes for, but she's so delicate and pretty! I'm glad I got her. In my opinion, a good face up and wig make a huge improvement.

15. What size wig fits her @Chraurelius ? I'm waiting on one I pre-ordered and I'd like to have one waiting for her.

Separate question- does anyone know where to get S-hooks for hands? My DIM has hooks embedded in her original hands, but the Asleep Eidolon ones I ordered for her need S-hooks.

#296 Leo Pheonix, Dec 9, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    16. This is my Luzy, a Myou Gina. I've been struggling to sew for her - not used to anything so small. This pattern is almost nailed down; I just need to redraft the bodice to tighten it up a bit. I'll gladly share the pattern if I can figure out how.
      [​IMG]Myou Gina by Victoria Davis, on Flickr

17. DL Laura wears a 4" wig, which means that some wigs that size will fit and others won't, for no good reason. I think her head is unusually shaped.

18. Little wigs are variable!! The wig manufacturers are frequently not very accurate with the size they list. If a wig is 3.75 inches, they may list it as 4 or 3-4 inches.

DL Laura has a 9cm head. I used to get 9cm wigs from a maker on Etsy but I'm not sure they are still there! I need to get those out and try them on Laura. She needs a wig!