1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature 1/6 Dolls - part 3

Mar 3, 2020

1. somewhat random questions, but I want to try some hybridizing for certain characters I want to shell in 1/6, and I'd like to know what companies sell heads alone for that scale?
      I know Granado does, and the 12" from Dollmore can be bought just the head, but they seem to have small heads even by mature 1/6 standards (I have a Granado Ninth and I love him but he's a pinhead XD)
      I vaguely remember that Myoudoll doesn't (a shame, I would definitely have gone for that option) but has anyone ever tried other companies?

2. I don't know that any of the others do... Mudoll sells the Apple line, which do come as just heads. I think your best bet would be looking for resin heads meant to go on Obitsu bodies for just getting a head alone. (That's what the Apple line is.)

3. Not sure if this has been asked before, but in cursory searches I'm coming up blank- does anyone have comparison photos of any of the Myou mature tiny girls (Bettina, Gina, or Vieruodis) next to one of the 32cm Xaga girls (Linglan, Linglu, or Yilia)?

4. Reading back thru the thread, but would anyone happen to have photos of the AE 21cm girls? Debating getting one and would love love to see some owner photos.

5. I have a 21cm girl! I will try to getsome pictures tomorrow!

What other mature minis do you have? I will try to include some similar dolls.

#485 nancy_schroeder_ca, Oct 12, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    6. I would love to see this, too. I have a Gina who might need a friend. <3

Speaking of which, I don't know that I've posted any of her pictures here yet...

Here's Marmalade in a Barbie dress, Barbie sunglasses, Real Little's shoes, and Real Little's fashion purse:
      [​IMG]

And another of her in a Barbie dress, Barbie purse, Real Little's shoes (not that you can see them), and Barbie sunglasses:
      [​IMG]

Last one, I promise--Barbie clothes, Barbie fanny-pack, and Real Little's sunglasses:
      [​IMG]

I made her wig myself, and this is actually the second one as the first fell apart. I need to go back and redo her eyelashes, as they don't really read on camera.

Real Littles shoes fit *if* you slit the back and heat them up a bit. The more you work with them, the easier the go on and off. It's not ideal, but I bought them for my BJDs, so I have no problem customizing them to what I need.

7. My friend sent me a package, and inside was... Doll goodies! Including an entire quite yellowed Soom Juchy. That purple color did NOT last!
      [​IMG]

And a wig for Ruka, who hasn't had a nice one in so long I forgot how pretty she really is... ♥
      [​IMG]

The Minigems are so TALL compared to some of my other girls... I'll have to get pictures of her and Cerise, my other tall girl, and see how they compare.

8. Hurray for a Soom Minigem! I like their wigs! Finding wigs for our mature minis is always a pain!

9. Wigs are the bane of my existence! I got the pink one from doll-wig.com. The purple one I've just had for ages--I'm going to get or make her a new one eventually, because it's a bit loose, but it compliments her color nicely for now. ♥

10. If it's just lose, you could buy a silicone wig cap. I bought some off of Denver Doll and they help keep wigs on my Soom mini gems.

11. oooh thanks for that link! that pink wig is so gorgeous, and so much less bulky than most wigs for that size, I'd been wondering where it came from

12. Does doll-wig,com have an English site?

13. Right! I'm really pleased. This was one of the 3.5 "Straight for Custom" wigs. The page that I'm getting auto translated to "Customer Voice" has some great photos of different dolls wearing various wigs, too, organized by size. Super helpful.

They do not, unfortunately! So not a good solution for wig-buying if you're not comfortable ordering from a Japanese site. (You'll need a shipping service I think, like Tenso or something, I don't think they do international sales/shipping.) But the site does machine translate well.

14. Does anyone happen to own a MissMianDoll 1/6?

15. @Idoru so cool to see another Soom Juchy! I have a Soom Juchy too, and I don't believe yours has yellowed at all. My Taika was blue with just a hint of purple the day she arrived. She's washed out in this picture I took when she arrived, but she was always more blue than purple.

[​IMG]New Girl

16. Hmm! I'm not sure! I saw this doll when she was new—I got her from a friend, who brought her over to visit me—and my memory and photos of the time make her look distinctly more purple... I don't think my photos do a good job of capturing how pale blue she is now. Here's a pic I took of her and my Maskcat Feline at the time (2018):

[​IMG]

17. From that photo and looking at my photos of her, I think they were both more purple than they are now. I guess she looked mostly blue to me from the beginning so I hadn't realized the purple had faded. I like the color she is now regardless. More recent picture of my (sadly still blank) Taika.

[​IMG]Taika in casual clothes

18. I do!

19. @Leo Pheonix She is beautiful!! I do like the color my girl is too, it was just so jarring since I haven't seen her since 2018! (This is why she came home to me... My friend didn't even really take her out at all, and knew I'd spoil her.) It looks like they faded to the same shade of blue, which is nice haha.

20. @nancy_schroeder_ca Thanks for your answer! Do you have pictures of her somewhere? And where did you get her?