1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature 1/6 Dolls - part 3

Mar 3, 2020

1. Is anyone familiar with Metis Doll Alice and Bella? I've been lusting after them for ever, but the fact that they come blank has put me off until now....But today I found the perfect face up artist that has actually worked on them multiple times!
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. @Viridiansummer - Totally unfamiliar with them but I like what I see. The top photo gives off a distinctly DollsTown vibe. Love the faceup on the bottom photo. Are you going to get one? I want to see lots of photos if you do.

3. Here's a link to their site:
      METIS doll Studio
      and directly to Alice and Bella:
      Metis Doll - Alice & Bella
      They're also on Etsy:
      METISdollStudio on Etsy
      Their site is kind of light on information, but at least there are some pictures of the bodies and some measurements.

There are also some mini-sized girls and what looks like 1/3-scale boys, but that's not for here. :)

4. I was thinking of ordering. It appears that all payments go through etsy.

5. The Metis dolls are so pretty, this is definitely going on my wishlist for 2021, but I don't understand the measurements because I can't read Chinese. I saw 24cm, looks like that's the height. The head circumference (9cm) and feet length (2.3cm.)

Edit: The symbols in google translate look similar. I guess the chest is 10.2cm, the waist is 7.8cm and the hips are 10.7cm. The rest I have no clue what it stands for.

#46 Calust, Aug 5, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    6. If you Google "translate photo" there are some websites that will translate it for you. :)

7. I asked about the boys and got this answer:

METISdollStudio Metis Doll - Alfredo & Brayden
      28 cm

I will have to add one to the wish list!

8. The boys are stunning! I thought they were 60cm+ as well, because of the price, yikes! That's the most expensive mature tiny I've seen thus far. Really bad for me, as he is really the right size and aesthetics to tempt me, but that price... Not that that they are not worth it, I'm just not sure I want to pay that much for a 28cm doll, when I paid way less than that (if memory serves) for my Fairyland Chic Line Rou, and he's 41cm tall. That's 13cm less for $$$ more . It's way more frustrating, because he's 28cm and the aesthetics are just righ, but I'm not really sure I want a doll that small for that much (I do prefer smaller dolls, so it's way more frustrating than if it was a 60cm+, because then I wouldn't want him at all!). >_<;;;

9. Oh, gosh, yes, I was also assuming 1/3 scale because of the price! They really are lovely boys - I will have to think about this.

10. I've been yearning for metis mini bella/alice for a little while now! 12cm??? Smaller than rosengarden girls, but still with mature proportions?? Sooo cute!

EDIT speaking of mature tinies, granado perhaps has a new tiny up their sleeve? Or is this Galileo?

Login • Instagram

Very sweet face, but if this is their ~30 cm size, it's too big for me

#51 Xila, Aug 6, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    11. @Xila Where did you see 12cm? The measurements on the picture on etsy show 24cm.

12. @nancy_schroeder_ca instagram says 12cm!

Login • Instagram

I admit, I've never been able to find her actual measurements on a website.

Or, am I looking at a different doll entirely?? I just noticed this post, where she says the 12cm doll will be for sale "soon" (that was 2 days ago)

Login • Instagram

Edit: yes, it appears I am! Bella and Alice do appear to be 24cm, with this tiny bella being something different! Im stoked for tiny bella! Wonder if she is OT, though.

13. On Instagram she said the boys are 45cm and that seems much more reasonable looking at the family photos on Instagram.

14. That teaser pic from Granado is beautiful! I think the head size might be a little smaller than my Lucifer's, which could be a problem for me. Just ordering a doll from Bluefairy yesterday might discourage me from buying more dolls, too...

15. Nope, it's a new 30!!! Cool!

16. The new Zen is 30cm while the Vigor is closer to 32cm
      I got a new photo of Ulric (Lumedoll Kiran). I need to redo his faceup. I've gotten better at the small faces.
      [​IMG]Ulric Wolfe by SteamWitch, on Flickr

17. So many amazing dolls! I don’t suppose anyone here has suggestions for a good 1/6 doll to go with a Merry Doll Round Pygmy?

18. I see that the Granado 30cm Zen body has gone to their normal sales procedure and it's available the 1-3 of each month. Yea!!

19. Does anyone know great places to get 10-12cm wigs? Specifically, many mature tiny wigs have too much volume on the side of the head and look less realistic. I've not found a ton of options I like. And any that I find of good quality are non-natural colors. Any recommendations?