1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature 1/6 Dolls - part 3

Mar 3, 2020

1. Sadly I've always found that to be a problem - mass-produced wigs at that small a size are almost guaranteed to contain way too much fiber. (Short ones are the worst - agh, the dreaded hair bubble.) There are a very few Monique and Parabox wigs that... sometimes work and often don't.

That being said, I've had good luck with this wigmaker on Etsy:
      LazyD. by LazyDaisyWorkshop on Etsy

The ones listed as 'Barbie 4 inch' fit most of my mature-tiny ladies quite well. And some day shipping might actually be possible again!

2. I’ve been making yarn wigs myself, they look pretty good and not too voluminous.

[​IMG]Ladies

Please excuse Romy's nudity.

3. In regards to wigs form Monique, it helps to check if the wig is "Monique Gold Collection", as its a line developed for BJD dolls. Most of my mature tinies have Monique wigs. Unfortunately they don't offer all their wigs for size 4 or 4-5, and some are only available in a few colors.

4. Hey all! I ordered an MYou Bettina a little over a week ago and I’m so excited for her. Does anyone have owner pics of her? They seem difficult to find.

5. I have Bettina on order. It shouldn't be too much longer before she is here!

6. Can wr see pictures when she gets here

7. @Dionysus I think your wigs are impressive! It's hard to get the scale right, yours look very realistic.
      Here is a very average, messy wig I made for my Lumedoll:
      [​IMG]
      She wears it all the time because it can be styled so easily (it's made of mohair wefts).

8. @Saba - Love the wig! I wouldn't call it messy, just windblown. After all, she is on a horse so we can suppose she's been riding.:)

9. That wig is lovely, and so is she!! It's got a real wild charm, I'd say. I also resorted to learning to make my own wigs, I'll be honest. It's really fun and rewarding! The nice thing about doing it for this scale, too, is that they use so little material you don't have to worry as much about messing up an experiment. :lol:

10. @vermont chick thanks, I like your explanation- I will also blame the wind for her messiness ;)
      @Idoru so true! They don’t take as long either at the smaller scale- who says delayed gratification is better lol?

11. I really love them as well and I think a Bella might have to come to live at my house sometime. Ooh which face up artist is that? I am on the search for someone to do a faceup for a future doll.

Yes the 12cm is a completely different doll that Metis doll studio is still working on. The others are 24cm. I am waiting for the 12cm Alice so badly. So perfect for a project I am planning. I really really hope that they are OT as she will be my first doll.

12. I'm looking for clothes for my Ana Salvador doll, Lucy. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

13. She's 29.5 cm, right? It means she might wear some Barbie clothes, probably? There are some very cute modern clothes that you can find on etsy, I think.
      I also might have a couple of cute dresses of this size, you can dm me if you want.

14. @ResinRapture beautiful photos! Rachel of Ancient Tales is my favorite doll amoung them for many years now! And the magical images are very suitable for them.
      The photo for Samhain (Esenia from Toka dolls)
      [​IMG]

15. [​IMG]Boo! by daisydayes, on Flickr

Featuring my Soom Fairy.....someone (rick?) sans head and I think I like him better this way! LOL!

16. The headless horseman! Cool!

17. love it :) got such a true to life atmosphere