1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature 1/6 Dolls - part 3

Mar 3, 2020

1. Congratulations on the little lady! I have a Feline too--they're so cute, aren't they? I was immediately over the moon with mine, too. She looks so cozy in her cardigan and little boots. ♥

2. @Idoru Thank you! They really are super adorable <3 Seeing photos of yours was actually one of the things that helped me decide on her! I can’t remember if I didn’t know about her until I started following this thread or if I’d only seen company photos up to that point, but seeing how cute she was in owner photos made up my mind!

3. Oh, congrats on your doll! You've styled her so well!

4. @Kei-chan Congrats she's lovely, that's a great gift :XD:

5. Are any of you guys familliar with Guard Love tinies? I was scrolling around Legend Doll the other day and came across the Elder Sister body.
      Provided that I can find a good sized head, how do you people think she would look next to a Masckat girl? I have a Joy and several off topic dolls in the same general size and scale, but I am a little bit bored with the same body type over and over.
      My hunch is that the elder sister body could potentially read as a stockier girl in the same scale. What do you think?

6. I think it would really depend on the head, but my instinct is probably not...? The Guard Love 1/6s are definitely more in the YoSD (or maybe like Blythe-esque) mode, especially in the face. I'm not sure if there are heads that would fit on the neck and not look absolutely tiny. But if they're out there... maybe??

7. Thanks for your reply!

I'm, not too worried about finding a head. Worst case scenario I'll make my own.
      I am thinking more about the body itself.
      Even acounting for a smaller head, she would probably end up slightly taller than Joy and I don't want them to look like adult and child. I style Joy to be a young adult and her props and sets are scaled with that in mind.
      I agree that the default look that Guard Love use the body for is more Blythe-esque, but so is the Maskcat body when sold with the bigger heads (like Klara and Gladys), so that in itself doesn't rule it out as a candidate. If anything it's a good example of how one body can look with different sized heads.

That's my reasoning, anyway. I could be way off.:sweat

#788 Lillith, Jan 24, 2024
      Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    8. I unfortunately don't have anything to add to the ongoing converstation.

However, I did find a set of erasers at Walmart for Valentine's day, that work for tiny BJD. I know food erasers were very popular in the earlier years of the hobby. I sadly never got any, because I live in the middle of nowhere and was always stingy with s/h. DX The only one that seems a bit oversized in the set is the hotdog, the others particularly the burger seems well-sized for my MYou Bettina male's hand. I also got a few BanDai Japanese bath-bombs with figures inside, and those also seem to work rather well as toys for dolls. Probably would work for most dolls, but I was a bit surprised at how tiny they are IRL. I never seem to pay attention to OT figure's actual sizes. ^-^;;

BanDai Bikkura Tamago Naruto Shippuden Koronto Up Mascot bath-bomb toys:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

This might be old news, but Elf on The Shelf clothes seem to work on MYou mature males as well. This one I got for my 1:6 action figures, but it probably looks better on this dude. ^.^;;

[​IMG]

9. @Enzyme Oh those toys do look the perfect scale for the MYou dolls. And I like how the jacket looks - it works well for a puffy coat for that scale.

10. Werepuppy, it's a puffer or quilted jacket, so it's supposed to look puffy. However, it's a little wide for the super slim, willowy MYou mature tiny male body. Other EOTS clothes would probably not work, but other coats and jackets might fit okay. I found that one on sale a few years ago; I find their branded stuff too expensive to just randomly try for dolls/figures. (:

If only shoes were as simple, even if pricey...DX

11. I bought the ILY Forever Bambi outfit for my Myou tiny, everything except the shoes fit well, though she does have a modified chest- I would guess the tops would only fit small busted dolls. I also had to remove her hands to get the top on. The shoes were only a couple of mms off, I didn't want to keep pushing her feet, in case I couldn't get them back off! Anyway, here's a pic:

[​IMG]

#792 Saba, Mar 6, 2024
      Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    12. That's such a fun outfit! I really wish they would release the newer series of fashion packs/dolls from this line in europe, they're really cool for mature tinies. I particularly want to get the boy versions, since it's kinda hard to get fun male fashion in that scale.

13. It is really strange that we don't seem to be getting the painted-eyes Jakks versions over here! For the most part, the fashion packs are genuinely really good, probably some of the highest quality fashion packs in a decade (as... sad as that kind of is!).

14. Isn’t it just? Here in Australia we only get the Jakks versions with the painted eyes in store, but I think we can buy the fashion packs and inset eye dolls from the Disney Asia website? I wonder if you can use Disney Uk?

I agree, it is strange the way they are distributed. And I like the fact that the painted eye version of the ILY doll comes with two outfits, I’m thinking I may try cutting the slits on the shoes further down to see if I can get her feet in.

15. I just wish they would restock some outfits and dolls...so I can steal their outfits. I really don't want to go to ebay to get more outfits.

16. @Saba Your girl looks adorable! The pink Bambi outfit suits her so well.

I have to echo wishing the that Jakks Disney ILY 4Ever dolls were available in the UK. The outfits are so cute, and they work so well for this size of doll. I've been using the Disney Store ones for my Atelier Momoni Pitusas. Oh, and my Maskcat doll Joy. Though she's my little emo girl, so it's a little harder for her.

(I need to work out how to share photos...)

17. Thank you! I would love to see pics of your dolls, this link might be helpful with posting pics https://denofangels.com/faq/how-do-i-add-an-image-to-a-post.59/ :daisy

18. Question for my fellow mature mini collectors. Does anyone have the Granado Rime doll? I am weak to fairies/elves and I am wondering how she compares to Soom Mini Gem or Myou 1/6.

19. I do have Rime. I am planning some comparison pictures. Real life has interfered but I hope to get some by tomorrow.