mature 1/8 dolls

Jul 21, 2019

1. i couldn't find a thread about these yet! i know there aren't too many, and there's a bit of a gray area between 1/8 and 1/6 scale tinies, but i thought it'd be nice to get a thread going specifically for mature 1/8 scale tinies.

1/8 scale dolls are ~20cm or so, and i think it'd be great if we could get a wiki list going on the mature ones (it's up and attached to the thread :daisy). dollzone's special dolls and mini bactro are the first one that comes to mind! mature 20-30cm (1/6) dolls already have a chat, so i wanted to make a little home for our slightly smaller dolls too!

#1 daftpatience, Jul 21, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    2. i'll start: i recently converted a 1/6 scale roombox into a 1/8 scale loft apartment for a dollzone eugenia that i'm waiting for!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i don't have a lot of furniture yet, but i'm impressed with how much i was able to salvage from the existing larger stuff!
      i'm gonna have to deal with the giant door at some point, but for now i'm hoping it looks like a big ole window.

i'm really excited to be able to make a little kitchen instead of just one big cramped bedroom, i have so much more freedom in this smaller scale!
      (also fun trick: put up business cards from convention artist alleys as wall art!)

3. Melian Dolls (artist bjd) has some lovely tiny ladies -- I have one preordered atm. I don't think they've been cleared to be on topic yet, tho when I get mine I will apply for it.

4. How teensy!!!! And so elegant! I hope they get to be on topic! :cheer

5. I. Love. This. :love amazing job!!!

6. SiO2's Nianghao doll is 1/8 size and is available on their Etsy shop :)

7. what a cute sculpt! i love the stylized body shape - it's nice to see that not all non-baby tinies are twigs.

i think that irrealdoll's enoki and annic might fit 1/8 scale, too! they're so pretty~

8. I just preordered 5StarDolls Miss S! Is she considered a 1/8 or a 1/6? I believe she is 23cm.

9. I think she looks like a great 1/8 scale doll! :3nodding:
      Maybe on the taller end, but her measurements look like they fit : )

10. I'm so excited for her! I actually have wanted her ever since I first got into BJDs, I considered her for my first but figured it was better to start in a more common scale. I need to figure out what clothes to get for her. Apparently some Barbie clothes fit but are baggy. Maybe Petite Barbie clothes?

11. Aw congrats! Thats awesome! Blythe clothes might be worth looking into as well :)

12. Seed.arts seedlings are 18.5 cm. I'm not sure how many are out there though.

Melian dolls are so fantastic. :kitty2

13. Rosengarden's tiny girls are perfectly 1/8th and mature! I love their size, and the engineering is superb. :) I believe they're discontinued now, but they have a discussion thread here.

14. I need to double check on the sizing but I think Depth's Doll Giorria and Deilf are 1/8 size (maybe? haha)

15. I think NotDoll Lucy would count? Shes discontinued, but she was slim 18cm.

Doll Leaves also released an event doll called Laura thats 20cm. I snagged an instock one from Alice's Collections :D Shes so adorable!

16. these are all awesome!! i did put a wiki page together that i'm getting help attaching to this thread - im so glad there are so many dolls so far!! this might be bad for my wallet, though. hehehe.

17. yaay! we got our wiki list attached!! :D

18. today i made a little desk and chair for the dollzone eugenia that i'm waiting for :celebrate
      (i was torn between buying a pretty one or making a less-pretty one for fun)

[​IMG]
      the drawers work and i think it'll fit really well in the dollhouse!