1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature-looking Mini discussion

Apr 20, 2006

1. I just look at mature minis a LOT!

And I forget one - the one I am waiting for - Unoa! Unoa 1.0 and 1.5 are mature mini girls if the large bust torso is added. But they are very infrequently sold, and scalped for much more in auctions in between those infrequent sales. A long-awaited sale of them occurred this summer.

There are also a couple of smaller mature minis (small head, more fashion-doll measurement body) - they go well with each other but not so well with the more the more standard-sized minis. These would be Orientdoll Dae size, Unoa 2.0, Domuya Flexi-fashion (discontinued?), and there may be one or two others.

Carolyn

2. OH! I have another to add, Dolkot Day. They are slender and look pretty mature.

3. Also...

BlueFairy/Minoruworld "Tiny Fairy" can be purchased with a mature "blossom" body for slight extra cost, but their faces are pretty young looking.

Castle Anne is another new mature girl.

Carolyn

4. The Angel of Dream MSD sized dolls are definitely among the more mature looking for their size.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139354
      AND they now have US stores that carry them so even if you are not in the US, you get them much faster than from the factory since the stores have them on hand.

5. DIM Elena is a mature mini - she has very nice curves. I just love my girl. She could easily pass as an early college age girl, based on build.

Serendipity Valencia is a mature mini - his age is listed as 14. I think he is slimmer than most boys would be at age 14. He makes a good early/mid teen character.

~Shannon

6. The soulkid all come with the mature body now (since june I think), so there's no immature one, unless you buy one second-hand from the marketplace :)

7. All the Dollzone MSD are looking mature....

8. It is best if you reconsider if you really want MSD. I agree Soulkids are nice choice for mature MSD, however if you buy Soulkid, be careful because there are 3 bodies now (and the eldest one is not mature looking). Other mature looking MSD is Narae43 and basically that's it. I bought MSD (Souldkid Miryu) as my first (and the only, for now, because I collect mainly fashion dolls) BJD. While she is cute, I am annoyed that it is very difficult to buy any clothes for her, everytime I see BJD clothes for sale, they are usually made for SD. This is so frustrating! MSD clothes are same as expensive but selection is maybe 10 times smaller compared to what is offerred made for SD. My Soulkid has big wardrobe due to the fact that I collect 16" fashion dolls and many of their outfits can be shared with MSD.
      My advice is if you want mature looking BJD, spend some more money and go for SD. If I was buying BJD now, I would buy Elfdoll Soah.
      Also you MUST read about French resin yellowing problem (Narae is French resin, Soulkids are something else) before you buy your BJD. I would never buy French resin doll, unless she is tanned. Jaundiced dolls are disgusting.
      As last comment, mature looks depends on face up, what you can see very well if you click on Soulkid Miryu database link above. My Miryu (my avatar) has factory face up and is less mature looking compared to Boleyn's Miryu striking face up. I am considering to have mine redone, as soon as I find someone here in UK who can do airbrushing.

9. Hellooo!

I'm pretty sure that this is the right plac to post this >_>
      But please feel free to move it to where it belongs if it is not.

So, I'm looking for skinny and mature looking mini size boy body [and preferably inexpensive >_>].
      I did some research, but did not get anything I wanted.
      What I mean by 'mature' does not mean musculin :sweat. I just don't want bodies like volks mini body.
      Volks msds' hands just... drive me crazy:roll: [I used to LOVE those fat baby hands.. Somehow my taste has changed].
      Please do make suggestions =D !

10. Did you take a look at the AOD 1/4 male body?

11. I think Latidoll has two "Blue" (mini) male bodies, and one is more muscular and one more "stylish".
      http://www.latidoll.com/2007_en/ (2007 link to bypass long-loading front page)
      They seem to be out of stock right now, and I do not see how you would select body A or B, but they show both:
      http://www.latidoll.com/2007_en/index.htm?mode=product_view&big=4&mid=45&num=1040

Another fairly masculine but somewhat petite body is Luts Minifee aka Fairyland:
      http://www.eluts.com/
      http://www.eluts.com/frontstore/Ite..._id=lutsdoll&level=yes&mother_catalog_num=125

This is the store for AOD (Angel of Dream) 1/4 boy body and you can also find the bodies on Ebay:
      http://www.aoddoll.net/
      http://www.aoddoll.net/product.asp?id=497

And a caveat - I have zero idea what matches Volks, in resin color, or neck size, or head to body proportions.

Carolyn

12. Yeah>_> It was too musculin for the character I have in my mind :|

13. Latidoll body looks too musculin and stylish body doesn't look as skinny as I want my character to be:sweat
      And MiniFee bodies have those little... tummy >_<
      Gawd.. I hate myself for being so picky :...(

14. Try the Angelregion/Bluefairy body. The AR resin matches more things and you could probably could do a decent Volks match with it.

15. Did you see the Stylish Lati boy body (shown on the same page) - it is not muscular.

Carolyn

16. Dollzone bodies fit that description ^^

17. Orientdoll boys have a nice build that makes them look more mature, and they are not very expensive. Sadly, they're a bit smaller than normal. Still thought I might throw that out there :sweat.