1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[MD/JUN] Ario & Argil - Valar of Nature discussion thread.

Jun 2, 2011

1. Haha oops! Thanks for that Kelaria. I didn't realize since all my current teenies came home before the switch-over. I like these so much better than those chunkier default hands.

2. I think he/she looks to be WS, but I could be wrong. I'd be downright shocked if they didn't have an open eyed head. Soom is too smart to do something like that! Closed eyes heads are nice to have, but not exclusively. I like the natural colors and their cute little back wings. I always liked Alk and Yrie, but I much prefer the wings to be on their backs. They appear to be little nature angels.

I'm attempting to stay away from the tinies because they just don't get as much attention here, but if they look like a character, then maybe. :sweat

3. That sleeping face is adorable! I am really looking forward to see the rest of the pictures. I've been wanting to add a Soom doll to my collection, but so far haven't really seen a doll that grabbed me. I am really hoping that these little guys will, though!

4. See to me, I've always associated them with the Valar concept Tolkein had, which of course was itself rooted in Norse and Celtic mythology, but it has such huge good/evil overtones, so I'd say someone at Soom is reading a lot and leave it at that. :)

I'm hopeful they are WS, I could use the body. :sweat I do suspect a non-WS, however, as someone noted, we don't see both of them for a reason. :lol: It'll be interesting if the non sleeping-head is unusual in some way, but if it was, I daresy we'd have had more chat about it by now! ;) I'm not especially worried about my purchasing plans, thankfully, apart from snagging a WS tiny body with cute hands. :)

.hlp

5. I must say this time I can't find a reason to not be Soomed:XD: I might be in trouble. I love the sleepy head, that mouth is fantastic! I'll wait to see what the whole doll is like but honestly, I don't know if I'll be safe this time:XD:

6. I am thinking WS too and wondering what fantasy parts are on the head - looks rather Chi like but can see a bit of feathering texture detail perhaps..?

7. I have to admit, I may be throughly soomed.. I personally think they're WS but I acknowledge it may be my monitor settings because I've had issues with the colours before but the only other person I can ask is colourblind so I'll take everyone else's word for it :sweat

Not even normally a fan of sleeping faces but this has really caught me, very very eagerly awaiting more pics.. any idea when we should see some? *bites nails*

8. Unless Soom's planning on rolling out some kind of a yellow skin, I'd say it's pretty safe to say that the tiny in the picture is WS (COULD be NS though) with green body blushing (probably to match the green blushing on the wings).

Anyways, I've been really impressed with Soom's tinies lately. I think these guys, along with the previous little devils, look REALLY different from the tinies they've made before, and I really like this direction they're going in. I don't think I'll be getting these, because I'm really happy waiting for Lami, but I'm pretty excited to see what else they have.

Also, I REALLY don't think Angel/Devil thing is restrictive, at all. In fact if anything it's more open because they haven't used any of the concepts yet so they have a lot to work with.

9. Options are up! Looks like we have a Bronze skin to choose from.

10. I was hoping it would be more of a fantasy resin rather than bronze. ;; Unless these two are incredibly stunning, I'll probably pass and wait for Sov.

11. On the doll type options, there's an Argil/Ario + human body. I wonder what is the default body for these tinies?

12. for the sake of my tax return i do hope there is not an NS option.

13. I think they have each one human body with fantasy parts included and 2 heads
      So there's another human body option for the extra head. ^^
      Fantasy parts are included in the price, like Taco and Dolomi.
      I'm a little bummed to see that one of them is WS, not green... ;D
      I'll wait for more photos, but I'm leaning more on to Sov/Aloa (human)... ^^

14. I was thinking it would be WS and green skin, poo. I know the bronze skin is popular, but I just like seeing new things (and I have two already ^^ ). I am extremely curious to see what other fantasy parts there may be, and even more curious on the outfit. I always need more outfits!

15. Me too! The new hands are very nice! Glad this is a tiny sculpt for sure! May be in trouble...

16. The new hands come with my human Pyrol... ;D They are very nicely sculpted, and very detailed, too. Much improvements than Yrie's...

17. I've been refreshing the page lol. I really want to see the open-eyed head before I make a decision.

Happy tiny faces = win :D

18. I've been refreshing the page too! I hope they will release them soon~ I cant wait to see. Just a quick question, are they unisex body?

19. Ug.... so late/early and I'm going to sleep without seeing these little things xP

Wish I could have gone to sleep with them in head :P

In the morning, I hope!

20. Don't worry... MDs will be on sale for at least half a month, or a month. ;D You have plenty of time!