1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[MD/JUN] Ario & Argil - Valar of Nature discussion thread.

Jun 2, 2011

1. I love the sleeping face but I'm not so keen on the open eye one, which is probably just as well because I can't afford to get any more dolls right now. I do like the wings and tail, though.

2. oh thanks heavens...... I was terrified Soom was going to get my cheque book AGAIN..... I survived last months then they threw Shale in the mix..... blast it Soom and no breathing space or lottery wins......

They are kinda cute but too small for my mob.....

3. I'm screwed! >.<

I need to sit on it for the day, but I'm still pretty sure I'm Soomed. My problem... (okay, let's be honest, I have problems, in the plural) is that I really did not expect (or even want) to like the outfit, but I really kinda do! :doh And then my bigger problem is that I really do love the sleeping head, but I really do not want a doll with two full heads that belong to it! I can handle the whole faceplate system that Fairyland has, but having a floating head lying around all the time that belongs to one of my dolls? It just doesn't appeal to me at all! And yet I really looove that sleeping head!! :...( I thought about making two whole dolls with an extra body, but I just can't imagine what kind of story I'd spin for the sleeping on as to why her eyes are always closed. Plus I definitely can't afford to buy two sets of eyes, wigs, & outfits (not that I'd want them to be dressed exactly alike anyway, but I couldn't even afford to buy cheaper clothes from elsewhere because just getting the one outfit would be stretching it).

I'm so conflicted right now because I can't even decide/figure out how Soomed I really am, because I can't figure out what the heck to do about that damn sleeping head!! :doh

My husband said he just wants to put the doll on the credit card and get it over with and then sell his unused gun to pay it off asap. I feel SOO guilty for letting him do this for me, but he was going to sell it anyway and this means I owe him big time. I'm just terrified for what happens next! *_*

Soom is going to devour my life. :|

4. Welcome to the Soomed world, and I'm truly sorry about the gun. >.< We don't need guns in our country, so I don't know how much of a loss it would be around there... I am getting Argil... the meditated head, too. ;D I love to call it SWD (sweet dream) like the Volks ones... ;3

5. lol! I've been Soomed before, but last time I was able to put Yrie on layaway no problem. I had a cushy job and we weren't struggling(ish) financially. My hubby collects guns for fun reasons (he shoots targets, not animals, and kinda wants to get into competition shooting). Although he does also keep one loaded for home/apartment protection (we don't have kids yet and I know how to shoot a handgun quite well, so it's not dangerous to have it around loaded). The gun he'd sell is one he's had for a while that he hasn't shot in a long time. He was considering selling it anyway. But sheesh! He's worse at enabling than anyone here on DoA!! :XD: *facepalm*

6. Aaaah, my sis is evil...she's walking by them as I'm looking at the OE head and going 'he looks slightly pudge-grumpy to me in spite of the smile' and mentions the child of a character I've already resin'd...argh! :| Why do I have a sister?!

On the bright side, if you aren't going to mod the sleeping head, you don't need both sets of eyes? ;) But to try and out-enable your hubby, Kelaria, I can tell you the sleeping heads I have here are still filled with personality despite not having their eyes open, particularly the kids, I think I ran around the majority of my childhood like a fool with my eyes closed a la Jughead, LOLOL! Or so the family photos indicate...plus with a smiling/pleasant face it's almost like they're perennially closing their eyes with amusement. :D

.hlp

7. Again not soomed. Where are the days that Soom could release any tiny MD and I was soomed terribly? Since they have changed their team... nothing. I always say that the new ones are cute, but I miss something or the face is not to my liking. This time it's the face.

8. Yeah... Why do they have 2 sets of eyes? >.>

9. I almost got caught by the sleeping head... but something about their OE face looks too mature for me. I don't think they would fit in with my other Soom babies ._.

Next time, Soom. Next time!

The wings and tail are so cute though ;_;

10. Whew. I really thought I was going to be Soomed again and have to open another layaway. Thank goodness I'm not >_<. The sleeping head was so sweet, but I'm just not blown away by the open-eyed head. I want to like it... but I just can't fall inlove with it (which, my wallet is thankful for!)

11. I don't particularly like the heads, I must admit, but I adore the fantasy parts and outfit and I really need 2 CW bodies! Split thread here I come XD

12. I don't like the new Teenie mold, but I'm really liking those cute little back wings! I might try to snatch some up for my birdies! x3

13. I...think I can make Argil fit someone, and I can't help this voice in the back of my head saying how spectacular he'd look with my Amphibel. Not feeling the wigs or the eyes, but I'm always a sucker for soom outfits, and oh man that closed eye head is gorgeous. I've never liked a closed-eye head before, but this time I love it. I keep looking at the OE head from different angles and trying to decide if it's too fat or not ^^; And the genderless body is also perfect, and the little wings...I honestly can't afford to be soomed this month. How many times is it possible to be soomed within a year? Good gravy! I love love love 'light' themed dolls, especially if they've got wings. And then they released Adamelli, whom I also could not resist.I'll have to really think about this one. Thing is though I also feel I should hurry up and decide, cuz regardless I want that outfit, and it's harder to join splits late in the order period...*_*

14. I love their outfits, but not them. :(
      I hope Soom will let me buy the outfits separately, they would be great for my Bygg.
      If not, I will have to find a split.

15. I'm one of about 5 other people asking if Ario will match Afi! I NEED that body! I have all the Afi parts but haven't managed to get a body yet!! AND best yet- it has a butt magnet!

16. I feel Soomed, but I'm having some doubts that my financial situation won't let me overlook. The main two are "How the heck is she gonna fit into my doll family and what will her story be?" and the fact that I totally love the sleeping head, but I don't want to do the whole 'head swap for one doll' thing! >.< If only it were a faceplate system! :(
      Other doubts are about the extras. Should I get the wig and eyes? I like them a lot, but will they be right for her character? Even if I don't use them, do I wanna miss out on them? That little birdie tail... How will I get that to fit into her story? I really want her to be a little angel! >.< And yet it's so cute!

Oh Soom! You slay me!!! :...(

Scykyill, they don't usually sell the outfits separately for the MDs, but you could get in on a split! :)

17. Yeah, they'll probably say no. :c But it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
      I really wish Soom would sell the MD outfits separately like the SO outfits. They would make a lot more off of me if they did that. :p

18. That's why DoA has a forum for splits! ;) So people like you can have a chance to get something that would be hard to get otherwise! :)

I'm thinking of joining a split for Ario's wig... I'm kinda liking the colors on it... But that just adds more money to the total cost... >.>

19. I'm trying to join a split now for Argil's outfit and shoes. I've never been in a split before, so I am nervous. ^^;
      I hope there will be more people who want Ario, so I can get his outfit too. :)

20. Argh...worst time for a release here. I love these two...particularly Argil but already have doll plans this month. If the end of release was just extended that one extra day to the 22nd of June I might have managed a layaway here. It's the combination of Wings + the gorgeous Meditation face that are doing it.
      I do love Ario's gorgeous bronze tan and probably would have been sold on him too if there were some fantasy feet were thrown in, but had been waiting for a Cream White teenie gem. Either way, I'm not changing my other Layaway plan around these two but there is still time to see if I might manage to fit in putting Argil on layaway.