1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Melancholy Sculpts

Aug 13, 2017

1. Wow I LOVE Jeremy!!! :D So so sweet!! Thank you for introducing me to him! :) I love those happy-sad sculpts <3 awww Bory is such a cutie as well!!! Ah bjds are just so addicting they're all so cute I love them xD

CUTE!! :D ah those eyes hold a story to them I love it <3

#21 stormi, Aug 14, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
    2. Dolls that express those emotions are my jam.

3. Aw me too!!! They're so sweet <3

4. I have a terrible weakness for sad looking sculpts. DT Seola was one of the first sculpts that I looked at early on that made me interested in the hobby.

5. @stormi Yeah I love Jeremy too even though he's not actually quite to my taste. I kept coming back to him and realized it must be fate. He looks like he's putting on such a brave face! (I'm counting the weeks till he comes home)

6. Oh my gosh wow she's so cuuuuute!!! :D I love her face so much <3 that face would even look good on a boy!!

Aw really?? When did you order him? :D lucky!!

#26 stormi, Aug 19, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2017
    7. @stormi :) So I was checking to see if another MSD boy was in stock at DDE and spotted Little Jeremy in stock instead. And I was like "Well, if you keep tabbing over to him you must like him more than you realize" and since I hate waiting I just bought the in stock doll. He's on layaway though. One more month!

8. Aww sweet!!! <3 he was like "I love you! please adopt me!" :D haha that's too cute oh my goodness <3 are you sticking with the original faceup?

9. @stormi Hells-yeah! He's getting an upgrade though, I didn't want the fullset. Any doll with those big moe eyes needs to have pink and mint green and polkadots in his life!

10. Hahaha true!!! xD that's adorable <3 he's so cute in his little chef outfit though xD

11. @stormi ahhh, I may get him some little cookies! This thread had me looking up the dolls I love with strong expressions! I found a bunch of really happy dolls (But I like Fairyland PongPong so I like really exuberant happy dolls) but I did find another sad little boy!
      Myou Doll Arthur! He looks ready to weep.

12. That'd be adorable!!! Oh my gosh I LOVE pongpong!!!! :D haha he is too cute <3 aww Arthur is so sweet :) he looks so gentle

13. My thing are more serious/enigmatic/mysterious looking dolls,
      but I do have to say that I like Melancholic dolls more than happier looking ones (which as I'm typing makes me realize it doesn't sound good ahaha).
      I prefer the more "light" melancholic ones rather than the full deep melancholic ones,
      but I do like to look at them.
      I know I've seen some in the Gallery which look like they are crying and in turn makes them look like real people and they look beautiful.
      It definitely adds to the personality of the doll, to say the least.

14. I absolutely love sad/melancholy dolls they have so much personality! I especially love lillycat lyse dolls because of the sad mouth and down turned nose it gives her so much expression and lends really well to fantasy moods (which is exactly what I like because I am only really interested in fantasy/non human dolls lol)