1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Merrydoll Round Pygmies

Aug 16, 2015

1. Hi, Blythe clothes DO fit! There's some posts somewhere that talk about if they fit well or not which u might want to check first (I think it was either pants or shoes that might be troublesome but you should double check)!I don't know much about Blythe however, but Google tells me takara and neo are the same? So things listed for those should fit. I'm unsure where middle Blythe falls on the scale tho.

Congrats on your dango though! Hope she comes in soon!

2. Blythe bottoms might be a hit or miss, Blythes are narrower in the hips than pygmies, same with the leg girth. Tops and dresses fit. I'm not 100% about shoes, the ones I have fit all, but it might also depend? like Petmint said.

"Neo Blythe" or simply "Blythe" clothes fit (Takara is just the brand that makes Blythes and the difference between the terms "Neo Blythe" or "Blythe" are just related to patent/copyright of original Blythe versus modern Blythes), and Middie Blythes are smaller than standard and any clothes for them WON´T fit MDR pygmies, they're smaller (same with Petite Blythes that are even smaller).

Pygmies are in the same small 1/6 scale than Blythes, so anything around that same measurements will fit. Be careful though because most fashion dolls are also in the scale 1/6 but they tend to be actually bigger in body height, like say, Momoko, Barbie, Sindy and so on. So some clothes of them might fit but there is even a bigger chance of hit and miss. I also have quite a few pieces of Momoko clothing that fit my pygmies, but they can be a bit longer in sleeves (if long sleeve), o longer in dress size and so on. I got a pair of trousers for my pymies originally designed for Momoko and for them it was like knee length trousers but in my pygmies they look more like longish three quarter ones (and they're a bit tight in the hips).
      So you can find clothing for the pygmies from those dolls, but always taking into consideration if the size difference will be a problem for the look or not.

I hope you can get your Dango soon!! :)

P.S: Edit to add in case someone else was interested in this and has another pygmy body type, the Pygmy Fee is the one that fits Blythe bottoms the best, it's narrower in the hips and just quite slim, so whatever you get for it chances of it fitting right are very very high. She might have a bit more problem with tops. Blythes have a chest and the Fee body doesn't, but generally it shouldn't be much of a problem. Original body (did it have a name? can't remember) is more of a hit or miss with the bottoms but the top part is more similar to Blythes with the chest and all, so it will fit those better if they have chest shape. The bottoms hit-and-miss problem increases with the new Mallow body since it's chubbier and so the hips and especially the leg girth are also bigger. Some tops might be also tight on her.

#322 Gynure, Aug 19, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    3. Wow thank y'all SO much!!! I would be so lost without you! :aheartbea

4. My aquamarine Dango showed up without the tracking updating at all!
      She's very sweet looking and the color is so pretty. She does have a lot of barely visable scuff marks. Like maybe she wasn't well enough protected from the casting place to Nuria?? It certainly didn't happen in her little padded box? So I might have to give her a bath or gentle magic eraser buffing. I tried to change out her eyes, but I don't have anything small enough.:doh

5. I noticed my Mousse in strawberry has barely visible scuff marks as well. Mostly on her torso. I don't mind it much now since her clothes cover them but I'll probably try one of your methods in the future.

6. I just traded a friend for her aquamarine Dango, and she's my new favorite doll. I love how she poses, and how tiny and well sculpted her features are. I did notice her forehead has some light scuff marks, but I assumed those were from me not being careful enough. They wont show once I MSC and faceup her.

7. Oh my gosh yes she is so cute!

8. I was lucky enough to adopt a Mousse second-hand (Cookie skin), and had her sent directly to my favorite faceup artist. She's gonna make her absolutely gorgeous, I know, but I'm so impatient to actually have her in hand! How about some spam for those of us in some sort of waiting-limbo?

9. Here is my lil Mousse. She doesn't have an official name yet. She is currently wearing a vintage Skipper outfit. :)

[​IMG]

10. A question for those of you who've bought shoes for your pygmies - do SK Couture's 1/8th size (they also call them Blythe sized) shoes fit them? I'm in love with how detailed they are, but I'm also suspicious, because in my experience with 1/12 miniatures and tiny bjd, shoes are the hardest accessory to get to look natural and fit at the same time.

11. I recently got my SK roller skates, they are slightly too big, it works fine for the look but I would have disappointed if they were any other style of shoes. The only similar shoes size I have found that works is Azone Pure Neemo shoes. I have 3 pairs of shoes meant for them that fit perfectly on my Dango.

12. Thanks for your review! Now I don't have to worry. The rollerskates are exactly the pair I was most curious about, since they're larger than the other shoes I was looking at.

I'll look into Azone shoes, too. I've been meaning to buy some of the Azone Picco bodies anyway, to use in my dollhouse with my other 1:12 figures.

13. Who else got something from MDR stock sale? I bought a strawberry Bunyol! I have wanted one ever since I first saw Bunyol, but my character idea works best in ns so I could not order her in tan or in the gorgeous amethyst colour.

And now I realize I never linked the pictures I took of Dango this summer :o. Shame on me! You can see all the pictures in my instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/B1v_37Mp_Di/

14. I really wanted to but couldn't get the funds in such a short amount of time but I can't wait to see all the beautiful pictures though. For now I'm just enjoying my Dango <3

15. I was going to buy, but had to reset my password and the one I wanted was already gone by the time I got that done.

16. I had an event on the same day as the sale, so I decided not to try to buy and stress myself out. I'll keep hoping somebody wants to sell their choco Bunyol. I still need to get a decent wig made for my Dango, and a faceup, but at least she's no longer naked

[​IMG]

#336 PearlZenith, Oct 22, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    17. Hi! I adopt a purple Bunyol in the stock sale. I loved the face from first day too. It's... So cute and original.
      Do you know how much time it takes to send the doll? I understand it should be just a couple of days, isn't it?

18. I ordered an in stock doll last December it took only a couple weeks for her to ship. Purchased on the 3rd and shipped on the 15th.

19. Ah this thread is a godsend! I'm waiting on my Dango to arrive, hoping the Aussie post doesn't take an extra 2 weeks to deliver her like they did with some dolly clothes I bought a month ago.