1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Merrydoll Round Pygmies

Aug 16, 2015

1. @Tiffany Keep in mind that I'm not 100% sure as I just checked the calendar on her website but she hasn't mentioned it yet! So I guess her plans could change or something, but I'm pretty sure that if not at that point she will do one at some point for sure, as I said she has said multiple times that her dolls are not limited.
      Thank you for your kind words! :)
      It's quite difficult with the wig size. She technically wears size 3-4 inch, but I know quite a few people that has had problems of that size being still too big. I think that a good size is 3 inches, and I haven't tried 2-3 inches wigs but I wonder if they might fit tight but still ok.The wig in my picture is indeed made by me with alpaca hair! It's not dyed fibre, it has the original colour of alpaca hair.
      Yes! I completely understand you, I feel so tempted to get one in cookie skin too just because they're so perfect! hahaha But as I said there could be in the future another preorder for dolls in chocolate milk, maybe later after doing one in cookie skin, I don't know.
      I'm not sure about the preorders in September, as in the calendar it appears the cookie skin Mousse for July, I don't know if she decided to start earlier with the preorders or if the july thing is something different and the preorder for cookie skin would actually start in September. You can always send her a message and ask just to be sure, because as I say I got the information on the calendar thing she has on the new website but there hasn't been any other information around about it.
      What it says in the calendar thing is "Cookie Skin Mousse release", so it could be just the announcement of a future preorder, or the information about the preorder starting very soon after or something else.

2. I personally STILL can't wait for Ada... her face is so sweet. It's the only reason I didn't get a Mousse - because I'm waiting for little Ada :P I think she will be in cookie too :D

3. @Gynure, Thanks so much for telling me about the wigs! I never had a wig in such a small size, just like I never had such a small doll before...............it will be an adventure, for me, just to gather all the clothes, shoes, etc. she will need! I send a message to Nuria yesterday, and she answered me this afternoon. There will be a limited release of Mousse dolls in cookie skin this coming June. But she will only have a few available, some with and some without face up. I am totally exicted about that!:) I have to keep an eye out for her announcement on FLickr and her site, etc. because I really don't want to miss it. She thinks, they will go fast, since she only will have a few dolls available and ready to ship. But she still wants to try to release some more dolls in September also.
      The wig you made for your doll is so pretty, really. I love it. I never made a wig before, but I might try, to get a nice wig like yours, for my doll. I had considered trying it before, because I don't like many of the wigs that are commercially made. I think, that a lot of the wigs, that people made, look much more realistic.
      I like the outfits that you got for your doll too. I found you on FLickr, and I saw the pictures you have of your doll in her little outfits. I like the style in which you dress her, and I hope, to find some clothes like that for my doll. I will get the cookie skin in June, and then possibly the chocolate milk whenever it will be available.
      Thanks again so much, for all the information!:)

#43 Tiffany, May 13, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
    4. I'm waiting for this release as well! Love this doll, I wanted a Straberry in the beginning, but as see other skin colors... I really don't mind, all of them are soo beautiful.. <3
      June and September --> straight to calendar ;)

5. Wow, she's beautiful... Did you do the wig? It's very nice.

By the way, do any of you have some comparison pictures between cookie and chocolate skin? I'm not sure what to do....

Thanks!

#45 Betina, May 18, 2016
    6. @Betina Cookie skin Mousse hasn't been released so no one has a doll in that colour yet. Not sure about it but maybe you can ask Merry Doll Round to see if she can take a picture of one next to the other (if she has one in each of the colours that is).
      But there is a big difference in the colour between the two. You can see quite a few pictures on her instagram with both colours, there is a skin colour comparison picture somewhere as well.

7. Sure, thanks, good idea writing her, she's nice and answers fast. I'll take a look at instagram also.

Then, yours is chocolate skin? She's very pretty, has a nice color, and you did a very nice work with her on her, really. Did you also do the wig yourself?

8O Cookie color seems to be veery beautiful!!! Around July they say? Saving that money from NOW.

#47 Betina, May 20, 2016
    8. @Betina Yes, mine is chocolate milk skin :) Thank you very much for your kind words! And yes, I did the wig myself ^^

I think cookie skin is a very pretty colour, I hope I can have another of her dolls in that skin colour, either be Mousse size or bigger <3

9. Not at all! She`s really beautiful, you did a goob job, it's the truth!! I had already seen her on flickr, and think I have her on my faves, nice to meet her mommy :) I think I saw her playing the guitar with the coolest look ;)

And, oops, the wig... I'll study your wig if you don't mind and try one :D I'm recieving alpaca for a licca reroot, and I think I'll have enough to try a wig.

I was going to go for a Strawberry, but I think I'll get the cookie. My Ruse is so pale that they will do a nice couple of friends I think.

Checked on flickr, yep, it's your doll I had seen. Girl, she's pretty, be proud! :P

#49 Betina, May 21, 2016
    10. #50 Betina, May 24, 2016
    11. @Betina yes, I glued the hair, and the headcap has a couple of layers of glue as well. I've never tried the sewing method. I'm not sure how good it could work for Mousse since her head is tiny, I don't know if sewing the hair would become too bulky. But if you try that method I will be interested in seeing the result :)

12. @Gynure I'll try, I think I'll end with enough alpaca, still treating it. When I got the girl (I want Nuria to let her go! I'm soooo impatient....)
      Oh, can you give her head measurements? I have a heartstrung ruse, if it's similar, I could try on rusie's head.

13. @Betina her head circumference is 9.6cm, and straight from the forehead to the back of the neck is 6cm. I'm not sure how you're planning on doing the headcap, but if you use something not flexible you'll have to take into account that even if your Heartstrung Ruse has roughly the same measurements it could still not fit Mousse if the shape of the head is different.
      That said, I've looked at the Ruse measurements and if the head circumference is indeed 10cm then I wouldn't risk doing a wig for Mousse using her as a model. It's precisely those 0.4cm of difference that makes it so difficult for Mousse to wear 4 inches wigs, they're always big and fall off. I think that a perfect wig fit would be 3-3.5 inches, but with that trend of doing wigs generally bigger than smaller I wouldn't be surprised that some 2-3 inches wigs fit her tight but fine as well.

14. Thank you a lot, that's very useful, I won't do the wig until I got her.
      What I'll just do, is that I have a cheap 4" wig that I plan to disassemble and use the headcap, that's flexible indeed. I have enough alpaca to try to sew a thin weft, and sew it to the headcap, if I screw it up, I'll glue the regular way to a hard wigcap. And report my failure to you XD

Yes, Ruse has more 'cocoon' head than Mousse's, and as I love her wig, is not an option to do another for her, so, I'll wait for Mousse.
      2-3 inches... Never seen one of those, and I only got (off-topic, of course) small dolls.... they wear 3-4 +-
      Btw, one of them have one that was too big, saw a stitch on the back, that's not visible and holds well. If you ever find a flexible wig that you like it may be useful (just trying to pay you back your nice ways... :)

2-3" just have two possibilities, to be the cutest or the most terrible wigs...

#54 Betina, May 29, 2016
      Last edited: May 29, 2016
    15. @Betina Hahaahaha ok! Hopefully it will work! although you will probably have to adjust that 4" headcap.
      Wigs in size 2-3 inches are very rare but as far as I know they exist.
      If you have any more doubts about wigs or anything you can contact me through pm as well :)

Also, for anyone concerned about buying wigs for Mousse, I can tell you that Monique Gold wigs in size 4" are too big. So if it was me I would risk it and I would get a size 3". Also, I would avoid fringes because they tend to be way too long (unless you feel confident about cutting them).
      Leeke wigs in size 3.5" are too big as well.
      I haven't seen/tried any other wig brands, but I would inform you if I do at some point :)

16. Hello! I just bought a cookie skin Mousse yesterday at doll north! I had the opportunity to try some 3" wigs and they're actually still too big without a silicone wig cap.
      Here's a comparison photo of the cookie skin vs the chocolate milk skin
      [​IMG]Matching Mousse! by Jextia, on Flickr

Also, Barbie skirts, shorts and capris fit pretty well but the (fitted) shirts are too wide in the bust. EAH skirts might also fit.

17. :D

congrats! sooo pretty!!!
      thanks for the info!

18. Hello thread! I won a strawberry mousse at doll north. Glad I've found a thread to chat about this awesome tiny girl ^___^ I don't know who she is yet but I have some leftover alpaca from some wigs I made and I can't decide if she's going to be a blonde or a red head

[​IMG]

19. Really?? Did you win it?? hahaha, what a great prize!! Congratulations!! I want one... I say redhead ;)

20. Yes I did! I put all my tickets in her box for the charity raffle xD I couldn't believe it when they actually called my number. It was great.