1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Merrydoll Round Pygmies

Aug 16, 2015

1. They're up! Zuri and Dango preorder will begin on Nov. 12th!!!

But it looks like Dango is only available in Marzipan or Strawberry skin. I really wanted mine to be cookie. I just want a brown-skinned tiny and I don't think Marzipan is very brown :/

#81 somewheresunbear, Nov 4, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    2. What color is Marzipan? I have a strawberry Mouse, but it's hard to tell how marzipan compares to the strawberry.

3. I find it difficult to tell what color it is exactly. But from what I can see from pictures, it looks to be like a olive-skin tone. Darker than strawberry for sure, but not as dark as cookie.

Also the pictures that Nuria takes always make the dolls look paler than they tend to in others' pictures.

4. @Betina thanks or confirming!

@somewheresunbear dang, I was hoping mostly or Cookie too. Marzipan is a little warmer than Strawberry but still fairly light. I also love how she represents a range of features! I can't really afford Zuri right now but one day I hope to have her and Fang and another of these pygmy girls too.

Now I'm hoping my sale goes through before the 8th and I might be trying for one of the girls already ready. Either would suit me, I like the marzipan color more but the faceup on the strawberry girl.

5. Well, she also told me that she might do Cookie skin Dango on a future pre-order. So it's like, hmmmmm. There is also a painted cookie skin mousse in stock, that'll be up for sale on the 8th.

6. Yeah, I really wanted cookie skin dango. I think I'll hold off on this pre-order then, though I've been dying to get dango.

Perhaps if we all messaged her about the cookie skin though she'll know there's a fair number of people interested?

7. It could be worth a shot! You all should try it as well!

8. Mousse and Dango are so cute!

I am curious about one thing, though. I read that their feet are tied on, instead of being hooked on. Does that mean they don't use S-hooks, and that you would need a whole new piece of elastic to change the feet? It wouldn't be a problem for me, since I doubt I would want to change feet often, but it seems unusual in the bjd world.

9. My Mousse has tiny s-hooks.

10. Ah, thank you! I must have read it wrong. That's good to know, as I think it is a better system.

11. Mine was just ordered last January. It may be that earlier dolls were just strung.

12. My Mousse was bought in a sale before the preorder and she doesn't have hooks in the feet, they are tied on with string to the elastic. I guess that the hook was included later as nancy_schroeder_ca has said and now probably all come with the hooks, what I think it's better, because the holes in the joints are small and you need a thread thin and strong enough to not break, it's a bit annoying...

13. Many of the early little dolls used a loop of string to attach the hands and feet. You can pull out the leg elastic, slip the string loop over it and then put the foot through the leg elastic. I don't know if I can find a diagram. It's been a long time since I saw one.

14. Yes, it's still used in many occasions, my Dust of Dolls Lünn also uses that system in feet and hands and she's not as small as Mousse. I am not sure if the dolls from the preorder came with the optional heel feet (I'm guessing that they did), and only for that reason I was saying that I think it's better if they have hooks. I don't have any problem with the string generally, but I have to cut it every time that I want to change her feet, and although some thread was included in the package with the heels, I'm going to have to find that same type of thread when I run out. It looks like crochet thread, although I'm not 100% sure as I don't do crochet and it looks thinner to me, but sewing thread breaks and cross stitching thread is too thick to pass through the holes of the joint in the feet. So basically I think that for convenience and ease when having a doll with optional feet or hands hooks are a lot more practical.
      That said, if anyone is curious or wants to see how it is/works, I can take pictures of mine :)

15. it's me, i can post a photo 1 of every 3.... now?

[​IMG]Too cute by NanaGimeno, en Flickr

16. I can see the picture now! Super, super cute!

17. Ok, I was doing something wrong when posti9ng, now i know what it is.

thanks, yes, she's super cute, too cute. I hate Merry Doll Round, I'd get another one of those 1/6, I love this size. A Dango, or another Mousse.... I don't look at MDR pics anymore.

Btw, the doll is amazing, the feel, the posing, the aesthetics.. everything. She has some kind of flaw though, I think, on her right leg, it turns inside, if any of your Mousses happen to do the same, can we talk? I don't mind too much, because it makes her turn her feet inside and looks cute, but if anyone have fixed it, tell me.

xxx

18. Does anyone know what time zone MDR is in? for the after event stock it says the 8th at 18:00 but i dont know what time zone lol.

19. There are two time zones in Spain.WET and CET. WET appears to be the Canary Islands. I would guess ii is CET. Madrid is in CET.

20. Ugh, the person I was selling to disappeared so I'll have to go the long route and do a preorder. At least that will give me time to collect a small horde of clothes and shoes. I don't know whether to go cute and girly or cute and tomboyish.