1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Migidoll General Discussion, Pt. 4

Jun 1, 2015

1. Okay, I said I'd be back when I got my Ell's jeans in, so here's a couple (not so great) photos!

[​IMG]
      Ell on Guy II body.

Sitting: https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/chimera_kite/5614541/1202930/1202930_original.jpg

These are Popo68-size jeans from Hua-Shi-Yun, and they're really close to perfect! It takes a bit of effort to get the snap closed, but it holds well, doesn't gap, and he can sit in them just fine. They're also long enough they don't pull halfway up his calves when he sits down either. Nice quality and I'm quite happy with them. ^_^ Hope that helps some other people!

Edit: My Janus Miho is on the original Guy body, but the pants I bought for him fit nicely too. (Same size, different style with elastic at the waist. They're a little looser in the thighs than they would be on the Guy II, but that's fine by me.)

#541 Sianserais, Sep 20, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    2. That looks really nice!! Thanks for sharing! :)

3. Has anyone received a doll in latte brown yet? If so would you mind taking a few pictures of him/her?

4. I'm pretty sure Latte Brown is the same as their former Suntan. I have a Jina in Suntan right before they did the color renaming if that helps you out at all.

Edit: I double checked, and Migi themselves say Suntan and Latte are the same (http://www.migidoll.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD4&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=1&CB=&ID=242). I'll get photos for you.

My lighting is horrid but here's my unboxing:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/migidoll-style-65-jina-in-suntan.798792/

I know that sometimes their colors shift over time but this was ordered literally right before they did the name change so this should be identical to current batches of Latte.
      For comparison, I have the following tans I can get you comparison photos to (from Latte/Suntan to these other brands):
      Luts Real Skin Brown
      Luts Tan
      Fairyland Tan
      Pipos Sienna
      MyouDoll Coffee
      BambiCroni Milk Choco

It's without a doubt my favorite shade of tan. It's warm but no where near as warm or olive as Luts tans are.

Edit 500: to answer your earlier question about sizing, honestly, these heads are a little large. They have head/body ratio similar to Luts which run a bit big. I personally would not suggest sizing down to a non migi body unless the proportions were identical or it may look odd. I think the 65 cm body really is the perfect size for the Jina head.

#544 akaisha0, Sep 30, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    5. Thanks for that! I had a tan Jina and Ryu in 2016, and they were like a yellowish brown (it kind of looks like it would match closely to the cream brown Migi has now but I'm not sure.)
      I had the original 62cm Guy body and I really liked that one a lot. I really don't like the newer body. I dislike veins and extra muscles. I've also had Jina on a Supia girl body (the original) and the proportions were fine for what I wanted. I was mostly worried about Ryu since I think his head is a bit bigger and I *know* i want him to be a boy. Jina will probably go either way.

Thank you for the picture that does help! Could you show me a comparison between Migidoll and the Luts browns and tans you have please? I actually had a Luts centaur last year and I remember her color pretty well so that may give me a better frame of reference.

ETA: Here's my Ryu from 2016, It's a lovely color but I'm hoping the latte brown will be a little darker.

[​IMG]

Another ETA: @akaisha0 could you please show a comparison with Fairyland tan as well. I keep forgetting I have a FL girl. X) Thank you for helping me out!

#545 taixonay, Sep 30, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    6. @taixonay If I don't get to the photos tonight, i'll do it tomorrow. My shelf is kind of barricaded right now. I'll have to do some digging to collect everyone XD

7. Found this wig in a bunch I was going to sell and tried it on Callous, for a 7-8 stretch wig it fits beautifully. It is staying with him, the suit will go back to Bleak.
      [​IMG]Powdered wigs by SteamWitch, on Flickr

8. Could someone please recommend other companies' bodies that would fit the the Migidoll's heads (in size and colour).
      I'm trying to find a body to match their "Sugar White" or "Meringue Beige" heads. :daisy

#548 Rococo Doll, Oct 15, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    9. Has Migidoll ever said anything about that "Grace 63" category on their website? Or has anyone asked? I did some poking around the site, but if there's any info, I must have missed it.
      (I mean, they could have just meant to put the Sadol body under that heading, but it's still under Style 65 for whatever reason.)

10. I have no idea which bodies to be honest. Isn't there something about it on the resin matching forums? I think there are some pages Scott hybrid. You can ask there?

11. Not sure. Will have to check. Thanks. :)

12. Okay, so, nothing surprising (or detailed) about this, but I got an answer to my question from Migidoll:

The category name you inquired about is the name of the doll line we will release later.
      We will release a 63-centimeter girl from next year.
      We'll start selling heads first, and we're preparing to launch this product now.

Just in case I wasn't the only one hoping for confirmation that they're working on it.
      Assuming the posing will be similar to the Guy II body, I for one will definitely be interested.

#552 Sianserais, Nov 26, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    13. Since we're sort of on the topic. I have a tan Migidoll Ryu head from the Volks matching era. Is there any other tan it would match? I don't fancy trying to get a tan Volks body. :sweat

14. Hey Everybody! <3
      I have a question for you guys. Does anyone here own a 63 cm and a 65 cm Migidoll male body? I bought a 63 cm boy secondhand and his right hand (fingers) were broken. I have emailed and Q and A posted on the board on the main site, and they haven't replied. I was wondering if you all know if the 65 cm hands are interchangeable with the old slender 63 cm body? I have also asked them if they can make me a new set to purchase, if they still have the mold, or if the 65's fit. Anyone know? Thanks so much!

15. Wait, if that's your question just two before mine on the board, they did finally get around to answering it. I was wondering why it was taking so long myself.

16. I did post on the board and have been checking it very often but didn't see an answer on it. I'll check again right now. I wonder if maybe a translator has been sick or out? Did you get a reply yet?

17. I took a photo of Bleak in a new wig, I like it. He looks good in his powdered wig but also looks good like this.
      [​IMG]Bleak by SteamWitch, on Flickr

18. A few years ago my daughter bought a Ryu. I encouraged him to change his makeup but he left it until last year. Now she is totally delighted with him. It is impressive what makes a beautiful makeup. I want to put here the before and after
      Before
      [​IMG]

After
      [​IMG]

19. He looks great! c:

20. He looks wonderful, great change.

Tags: