1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Migidoll General Discussion, Pt. 4

Jun 1, 2015

1. Definitely! I highly doubt they'd discontinue Jina - it's one of their most popular sculpts, if not THE most popular sculpt they have. :)

As a side note, Migidoll let me order Nova since they had him on hand! :D I ordered him on the new body, so I'll post a comparison when he gets here.

2. Alright so this might be a stupid question but how the heck do I get the head on the body? It's not like the vertical slits my other guys have, instead this one is horizontal? The doll in question is a Migidoll Vicente and I have already chipped his head & body trying tp figure it out :sweat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. You turn the head so that the S-hook fits in the wide part of the slit. You then hold the head down, lift the S-hook and turn it 90 degrees so it catches on the narrow part of the slit. It should then stay in place. I use a ribbon to pull the S-hook because it hurts my fingers otherwise.

4. *sighs* I think I may need to buy a bigger S-hook, the one included with the body is too small.

5. Oof. Good luck. I hope it works with a bigger one.

6. Ugh, that sucks, @mekirin I’ve had that happen with some of my other dolls, though luckily I had spare s-hooks to switch them out on hand. It shouldn’t be too hard to find a bigger one for the 1/3 dolls though! I believe you can usually find them at hardware stores. :)

I hope Migidoll get their large boys posted for sale again soon. Got my eye on Cynical Ryu to snag this year. :lol: I’ve been wanting a Ryu since I was a newbie a bit over a decade ago. Figure it’s about time I get one. :XD: What’s everyone’s opinions on the Migi bodies, btw? Been trying to decide if I should just get a full doll or look into hybriding.

7. I think the dolls are still up for sale in blank parts at any time, right? That's how i got mine. I like the body. Nothing stood out negatively or positively or I'd have remembered. He's fully dressed now though.

8. @Qianna All their larger sculpts (the Style65s) have been marked as sold out for some time now. :( They just have their minis and smaller dolls available to order. All that’s up for sale for the Style65 size is the bodies and a pair of hands.

9. Oh wow. I didn't know that! I got mine last year. I didn't think they'd change it.

10. @Singull, it might be worth sending them a message on their Q&A board! They may have a head in stock. I was able to order that way last week.

As for the bodies, I really appreciate the aesthetic of them. I can't speak to the 68cm body (yet, :) ) but I own the Style65 body! It poses fairly naturally, though I think the elbows are a bit tricky. They're also sort of thicc around the hips compared to by my SD17 body, so pants might be a little tighter but should still fit. It's one of my most solid standers and slouches fairly nicely. I think it's definitely on par with most 65cm bodies, and I'd probably only rank Volks or Switch higher.

11. @mustbemissa I’ll probably do that. :) And thanks for the input! I mainly collect mini dolls so I know very little about what bodies that are on the market that are and aren’t great as far as handling goes when it goes to the bigger dolls. :sweat Plus so many people hybrid their Migidolls and I can never tell what bodies they have their boys and girls on. :lol:

I’ve actually been eyeballing the Style68 body and other bodies in that same height range...not sure I’m up for a nearly 70cm tall doll just yet though. :XD:

12. Looking back at my box opening, there's one picture that doesn't work. But i remember loving how the joints work.

https://denofangels.com/threads/migidoll-ell-head-plus-body-arrival.809738

13. Hi! :) I got my dream boy yesterday, a MD Ryu! I've loved him since he was released, and was so happy to finally add him to my collection!

However, he's had at least two previous owners and is from around 2009 I think, but myself and the seller don't know the first owner. And I'm a bit paranoid about recasts.... Hopefully he really is from 2009 so should be safe, but does anyone have an old MD that they can check the inside of the headcap for me? Mine doesn't have the fancy stamp I've seen online, I think it just has 'MD RYU' carved in to it.

14. Mine is from early 2008, late 2007 (he old) and only has MD RYU in his head cap. I'm not his first owner, but I'm the second and I've owned him since 2008. The first owner bought him directly from Migi one of the first times she sold him (if I remember that DA post from way back in the day correctly), and I'm 100% sure he's legit.

EDIT might as well post a pic

[​IMG]new david by Vampire Angel13, on Flickr

15. Oh PHEW! Thank you!! When I thought he might be a recast I didn't know what to do :( I believed the seller but... still, paranoid! Thank you!!

16. Nah he's probably legit, just old! lol
      I'm not sure when they started doing the stamp...I have the cynical and vampire versions too but they're way newer than my old crusty original. I think they're stamped.

17. Happy with old, he can join all my oldies lol! <3

Okay in that case I have another question, in case you or anyone else has the old body.... Those ankles! Is there any good way to stop the s-hook snapping to the side and pulling the foot sideways??

18. Hey remember how I just posted my Ryu I've had since 2008 a few posts back? So I dyed him and made him a girl since then. XD

Here's a progress of his faceup.

[​IMG]Migidoll ryu by Vampire Angel13, on Flickr

This is the first doll I've dyed, so I'm a little proud.

19. @VampireAngel13, she looks great! I love Ryu, and I always thought the sculpt could make a good girl.

20. I received my Nova yesterday! He’s blank, so not much point in a photo, but I did take a few comparisons of the new body with my Style65 and SD17 bodies. I’ll post those soon! In the meantime, here’s Holden:

[​IMG]Holden by Dollish Gambino, on Flickr

Tags: