1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Migidoll General Discussion, Pt. 4

Jun 1, 2015

1. My St. Vicente showed up today completely out of the blue as I never got a shipping notice. I even went and just checked my junk mail in case it ended up there but nothing.

In regards to the doll he feels a bit loose so I may try and tighten up his strings or just buy him new thicker string altogether.

Also, the latte brown is a nice color. More of an ashy brown with a bit of a yellow undertone then a rich chocolate brown color.

And I gotta thank Migidoll for sending him in such a compact box for his size. As I watched the mail carrier bring the box up to my porch I thought, "Ok, that seems doll shaped, but to short for any of the dolls I have on order." I've gotten so use to these long behemoth sized boxes showing up at my house. lol

2. @Cloudedmind - Ooh, congrats! Any chance for photos? I'd love to see him in tan. :XD: And did you end up ordering Enzo? He's a cute one too!

3. @Sianserais I can hopefully take some pictures tomorrow, and yes I picked up Enzo's head. The 68cm body is nice but I want Enzo to be shorter then that. Maybe my Enzo head will also show up fairly quickly out of the blue.:XD:

4. @Sianserais Sorry for my lateness! It's been hot here lately which has sapped my energy. But I finally took some pictures. I decided to compare the body with my DF-A 68cm body as well.

Here's a link to the full album, Switch & Migidoll 68cm Body Comp.
      [​IMG]

Some notes:
      The DF-A body is taller. With a head (Switch Waseon) it's between to 68.5/69cm where as the Migidoll body is closer to 67cm.

The Migidoll body has kips in the neck and shoulders.

The DF-A body has peanuts for it's elbow and knee joints, while the Migidoll body doesn't. While the body is technically double jointed it takes more effort to activate the double joints which could become a hassle with long sleeve and tightfitting shirts as the bottom of the joints need to be pulled out of the lower sockets to work. But, the Migidoll body still holds arm poses fairly well and the arms rotate from side to side pretty well.

Compared to the DF-A body the leg and thigh joints rotate easily. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures of the leg and thigh mobility as my battery started to die, but I'll hopefully get some later and add them.

#684 Cloudedmind, Jul 6, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    5. @Cloudedmind - No worries! The pics are very useful, and thanks for the review too. ^_^ And he does look great in tan!

6. @Cloudedmind, congrats on your boy coming home! Migidoll's tan is really gorgeous.

7. @mustbemissa OMG he's so gorgeous! That's the Migidoll faceup correct? And, I like that pink wig on your Jina.

8. Ahh thank you! <3 It is - I removed the lower eyelashes but otherwise it's unchanged! It's quite dramatic on Merengue Beige but I like it a lot.

And thank you! The wig is from Nine9Style.

9. @mustbemissa - Oh, are they finally getting ready to release it? I've been waiting to hear more about that since I asked them about that empty category on their site over a year and a half ago. ...wish I could read Korean.
      Google Translate gives the name of a new sculpt "Shioma?"

#691 Sianserais, Jul 30, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    10. @Sianserais they are! Apparently later this month? They'll reveal full details on 8/16 and open sales 8/20. I'm so impatient to see everything!

11. I have a latte brown St Vicente on order as well, and I actually gasped aloud when I saw this. I am so excited for mine to arrive! I haven’t seen the brown in a full doll so I was a little nervous but it seems like I didn’t have to worry.

12. I bought an Enzo head during the order - my first boy since my very first. I'm planning on getting him a Spiritdoll Grace body, he's supposed to be a wan, tuburculitic little thing and that doesn't really pair with washboard abs, you know? There's a neck size difference, but I figure a neck kip will help. When he arrives, I'll be sure to show you all!

13. I’m so glad someone bought Enzo! He was a gorgeous sculpt but I couldn’t justify adding to my growing army of floating heads. Can’t wait to see what you do with him!

14. Thank you so much, @Hdtqw!!

Did anyone else spring for the Grace63 body? I have one incoming and I’m super excited!

15. @mustbemissa - Not yet. I do like the look of it, but I haven't worked out whether it's really what I want for the character yet. (And some other resin demanded my money instead...)
      What I'd like to see is a few of Migi's old sculpts offered on this body, like Jina and Yuri, since they look a little small in the jaw for the Guy II body anyway.
      But to be honest, if Siona ever gets offered with those faceups as options, I'll be very tempted. :whee:
      Hope you'll share photos of yours when it arrives!

#698 Sianserais, Sep 20, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    16. I'd love to see Ryeong, too. I think any of the more effeminate sculpts would work nicely. I have a body I like for my Jina girl, but I like the option of having a Migidoll body, too. I'll try her out on it when it gets here!

I also think it'll be popular as an SD16 alternative - it has nice proportions while still being poseable, so that edges it out on the Sadol Honey63 for me.

17. Does anyone have a Mercury head, or seen owner photos that they could link me to? I'm really interested in him but was hoping to find owner pics first. #MigidollMercury and #MigiMercury turn up nothing on Instagram, so I'm thinking that either he hasn't been delivered yet, or that Korean hobby circles are probably my best bet? If anyone could point me in a general direction to find more pics of him I'd be super grateful!

(I'm sure it's going to be a long search if I end up going after him :...()

Tags: