1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Migidoll General Discussion, Pt. 4

Jun 1, 2015

1. pretty! They are so cute in those fleeces.

2. My Migidoll Ell has arrived last Monday. His name is Harvey. I finished his faceup a few days ago and I love him <3 Now I have to find a wig for him

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. From the beginning of time I've wanted a tan Jina and I was wondering if anyone had ordered one in the newer tan option being offered. Or just any of the boys in this particular shade of tan.

I'm really interested also in any feedback on the new body they offer. It looks really pleasing, but I'm skeptical about the posing given my experience with the old school Migi body that my current Jina is on. I was hoping it had better posing capabilities as I wouldn't want to risk making a hybrid with tan.

5. I can't speak for the body, as I did a really dumb thing and tried to hybridize the new tan Migi Jina head I purchased. I'm comfortable with modifying bodies I already have to match the right shade of tan (via airbrush/spray paint/dyeing) but this guy...I ended up having to get a custom spray paint color to match him, and after going through all that work I've had zero motivation to get around to spraying his body to match his head orz

The tan is lovely, I will say that. It's not red like Fairyland or Impldoll tan, but it's not really yellow either? It's actually got a bit of a gray cast to it that makes it a really pretty, unique shade - enough that if somebody has good things to say about the body I would DEFINITELY recommend not trying to hybrid it :)

ETA: Obviously there's the option of going with a company that does custom resin matching, too. I just have enough bodies around "just in case" that I chose not to go that route.

6. I really like Migi dolls. The sculpts seem almost dreamlike. Do the bodies classify as slender or more middle of the road when getting clothes? I am looking and longing at a Ryeong/Miho and I hope she will be my next doll. So I want to ease the waiting by looking at clothes for her.

7. Seems to be a while since anyone has posted on here. I'm new to owning a Migidoll.. well bjds in general. I'm having a terrible time finding boots to fit his big ol' feet. Any suggestions on where to find some or even a size to look for?
      Thank you lots (:

8. Aww, poor thread is so quiet!

I bought a Migidoll Jina head in NS second-hand back in January, and I just bought the Guy Body II unassembled kit! I'm pretty excited, as I bought 4 floating heads and was not expecting to be able to get bodies for any of them this year!

9. This thread is quiet as usual...

Congrats @Alchemist's Fire on both your Jina head and the unassembled body kit~!
      I was tempted myself for one of the kits but decided against. ;A;

Instead I got a Cynical Miho head~! >w< My spoiled first doll, my Miho Ashe, will now have three heads. XD Hopefully I can get the same artist who painted his first two heads Miho and Janus Miho. XD
      Here's my boy using his Janus Miho head with the regular Miho on a Volks bust~!

[​IMG]
      [JUNE 07] It&#x27;s Two Ashes~~...
      by Ninjy, on Flickr

10. just wanted to drop in and share my ryu, nicky! he's my first doll > 3 <

[​IMG]

#111 kamikakushi, Apr 18, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    11. It is funny how this thread goes through periods of inactivity, isn't it?

@Ninjy, I absolutely love your Miho! I'm actually not the biggest fan of the Janus Miho sculpt, but yours seems to be the exception XD How exciting that he'll have 3 heads. I need to get my own Miho repainted...

@kamikakushi, congrats on your first doll! I like his eye and hair color combo.

I still need to get a body for my tan Jina, but I've got so many other projects going on I have no idea when that will actually happen XD I'm also still trying to figure out how to budget a Cho in sometime this year...

12. I guess the activity follows releases? XD

@kaitan Thank you~!! <3 Glad to hear he's an exception. xD 3 heads despite him wanting 4(SP miho), but 3 is enough... xD;;
      Which tan does your Jina have? The darker or lighter?

13. @Ninjy Haha, it's the worst when one character decides they need a million different looks!

My Jina is the new darker tan, which is making it really difficult to find a matching body. I'm thinking I'll need to send a headcap to a company that does custom matching, but I haven't decided which one yet.

14. @IamRina your River is beautiful!

I love the new Migidoll guy body! I took a gamble when they first released it and bought one for a Volks head I had. It was perfect. So far all of the SD17 outfits I've tried on it also work.

I decided to take advantage of the sale on the unassembled kits and bought three. I also bought three heads that I've been pining for - Yujin, Ell and Ryo. Needless to say my dolly budget is blown for the year but I'm a very happy lady!

15. *falls all over herself* Your boy is gorgeous, I love his smirk!!!

Thank you! I'm veryveryvery excited for the kit to come home, my first SD boy!!!
      I have an SD girl from Resinsoul, 58cm, and she's pretty slim compared to most SDs it seems, so I'm excited to have a bigger SD!

When you say the new Migi guy body, do you mean the one they call the Guy Body II? I haven't started buying any clothes for him yet 'cause I have noooo idea what's going to fit. I'm scared to buy anything and have it be too small, cause the problem I always have with my Resinsoul dolls is everything's too big!

I've heard SD17 stuff fits, someone else just told me SD/SD-13...I'm so confused...

I think you're the first one I've encountered that bought the kit, I haven't found anyone else yet that has! What colours did you get? ^^

Congrats on your first doll! He's gorgeous!!!

16. Yes, the Guy Body II. I have most of my dolly things put away at the moment (big home renovations) but I have a new Volks brand SD17 suit coming. I'll try to find a few minutes to dress my guy up and take a few pics this weekend.

17. [​IMG]

Drive-by photo-ing~

I mostly lurk because I'm not particularly interesting and never know what to post, but I'd like to thank everyone for keeping this thread active! It's always fun to take a peek at all the different Migidoll sculpts & styles. *^^*

18. @Valentine Please do more drive by photo spam, your boy looks lovely. And your tumblr page looks nice.

19. The joys of shoe shopping. I have Siho on the Guy Body II, which has some big ol' feet (8.5 cm). I'd love to get him some high-top, Converse-style sneakers, but all the ones I find either aren't high-tops, or are too small. Any suggestions on where I could find good sneakers?

Tags: