1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindulrae/Dandelion by Bimong

Oct 10, 2008

1. Oh man you're right @coleen. XD

Here we go. I'm waiting on dye for her actual wig, but she's rocking the rose gold.

[​IMG]

2. Already liked on Instagram but I wanted to say it here too, she's stunning!!

3. That rose-gold really complements her faceup ^_^ <3

4. I'm so happy to finally be able to post here. Her head finally came back from the faceup artist in Russia. I've been living in Okinawa for the past two and a half years and will be moving to Aichi prefecture next week, over 2000km away. I desperately wanted to photograph this doll on the beaches and cliffs of Okinawa wearing her Okinawan bingata kimono and hanagasa headpiece (pictured, and very colorful in real life). My dream for this doll is to photograph her in various regions of Japan wearing the textiles and accessories native to that region. It'll be an awesome opportunity for me to speak with artisans and learn about traditional weaving and dyeing across the country.

Here's a terrible quality photo I took in my room last night, and an actual Okinawan dancer for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I snatched that kimono off of a poorly constructed antique styrofoam doll, so it's currently being held together by twelve pins and the hand of god himself.

5. @ourtangledbones what a lovely faceup on your Dandelion! She has a lovely kimono and headpiece. You have a wonderful opportunity to design and dress for your Dandelion. Good luck with your move!

6. @Blablette & @coleen Thank you guys!

@ourtangledbones Thank you! Your girl is fabulous, and what an awesome idea for photos!

I pick up the dye for Fiona's new wig tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have fresh spam of her with a successful dye job in a few days. ;)

Bringing you guys special spam as thanks for your kind words about Fiona. She's fully herself now. :3

[​IMG]

#367 rianne, Jul 26, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2019
    7. I love the other photos of her with the glasses too! Did you get them on Etsy? I was eyeing them for one of my other dolls but wasnt sure about the scale on an MSD. I really want them now!

Also, I finally got Kasumi to the beach before I move to Nagoya next week! Here she is on the beaches of the island I've called home for the last two years: Izena.

8. What a perfect day for beach photos, love those colors @ourtangledbones!

I think these are actually YoSD glasses XD but yeah, Etsy is the place.

She still has her glasses. She just looks good with or without them in this wig. :3

[​IMG]

9. Oh they’re YoSD?! Thank you, that helps a lot!

10. Wow! I'm dazzled by the photos from @rianne and @ourtangledbones! What a beautiful backdrop for Kasumi and her lovely kimono. And Fiona is rocking that wig! Did you dye a blonde or white wig?

11. @ourtangledbones I just dug up the receipt and they're MSD after all. I ordered a couple pair, so I got it all mixed up.

@coleen Thanks! It was a warm white blond.

12. @ourtangledbones Your Dandelion has such a beautiful faceup and it's such a great idea with the traditional costumes!!!!

13. Hi all,

I have a Bimong, Dandelion in Oriental skin. Does anyone else have an oriental skin too ? I'm a little curious about what I'm gonna do with her face up and maybe even body blushing or wig color.

Thanks for your time. :D

14. I don't have an oriental sample yet. I would suggest trying wigs with he skin to see what color you like and go from there. Black is a good starting point. Reds usually work well with yellower skin tones.

15. Thank you so much for your input. I appreciate that.

16. Some driveby Fi spam to revive the thread a bit. I feel like I've neglected her lately.

[​IMG]

17. Hello, everyone! I am absolutely in love with Mindulrae, but I'm finding that there are many different sized versions of her. I'm trying to find the perfect size head for a hybrid I am planning.

This is what I have found so far from a variety sources:

2008 | Original MSD | 38 cm
      Head: 7.25 inch
      Neck: 7.8 cm

2011 | MSD | 43 cm
      Head: 7.5 inch
      Neck: 6.5 cm

2016 | SD | 58~60 cm
      Head: 7.8 inch
      Neck: 7.5 cm or 9~9.5 cm?

2017 | 6.5 inch MSD | 40~44 cm
      Head: 6.5 inch
      Neck: 7 cm

2019 | Teen SD | 53 cm - Current Release
      Head: 7.2 inch (Listed); 6.8 inch (Actual)
      Neck: 8.5 cm

Can anyone help me check these measurements? Please let me know of any inaccuracies!

#378 Princess Kenny, Sep 18, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    18. I measured my 53cm heads at 6 7/8 inches. I can measure my heads but it may not be today. What body are you planning for your hybrid?

19. @nancy_schroeder_ca
      Is that the measurement for the current 53 cm rerelease, or the 6.5 inch head, or a different one that I'm missing? (Sorry, I wish it were easier to tell apart the different sizes.)

I'm planning on hybriding with a Spiritdoll Healing body which has a neck circumference of 8.5 cm. It's perfect for the new version, but her face is more mature face now. I'm really hoping one of her previous baby-faced incarnations has a similar neck circumference.