1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindulrae/Dandelion by Bimong

Oct 10, 2008

1. She's here and I love her. Weather here is definately not compatable to face painting--cold windy and humid! But I dressed her anyway and gave her new eyes and here she is:

[​IMG]

2. Here is my little Kyoko, which means "shining lake". I don't think I can tell you how wonderful she is...I love so much! She is every inch the little girl I'd hoped for. I think the face is very adaptable, and could represent an older girl, too. In person she's breathtaking, I can't seem to get my photos to show just how special she is. Kyoko is in pinky white matt resin. Her painting is very delicate, I'm so pleased with her!!!

[​IMG]

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

More photos in the gallery... http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4103837#post4103837

3. i wanted to post this Christmas Eve ...but just ran out of time
      Congratulations all the new dandilions home for the Holidays

Viola in her new dress
      love these shoes
      [​IMG]

4. Carrie, if you get some Kips disks from Volks those things work wonders for the bobble head problem.
      Can someone tell me what is the difference between the Matte Resin and the old French Resin?

5. Thank you Carrie (ps-I am drooling over your Viola!).
      And Sharon, the matte resin is the urethane resin that we are used to for most dolls. It still yellows, but not as quickly as the more translucent French Resin, although I would love to know if the UV protect is working well for the French Resin. Does anyone have any real life experience with the UV protect?

6. on the posing thing: i really like how this girl poses. she stands so well. she does seem to have an issue with the head, and i do have to reposition her torso so she is more human like when she sits. but over all way easier to pose then my 60 cm DOT girl.

resin: my girl is UV cut french resin, oriental. but i think that most people would figure that she had yellowed severly. my camera did not catch this when i took pics of her. i am really love the look of french resin but the color changing thing frightened me. these one do have the UV cut, but i figured that if i was going to get a 'darker' skin tone for the doll then the french is fine. but if you are considering a paler look for your girl i would have to suggest polyurethane matte resin instead. unless you plan to coat with UV protectant. which is what i am going to be doing anyways.

hope that helped?

7. What I really want to know is if the "matte" resin is translucent like the French. The yellowing doesn't actually bother me.

8. No, the matte doesn't have the translucent quality that the FR does. Wish that it did!

9. What is the color difference between oriental resin and the golden beige resins? Is one darker or a different tone than the other, or more yellow? I couldn't find a color comaprison between golden beige and the oriental resins, could someone point it out to me if it is there?

10. Here is a straight on shot of my Kyoko's head as requested...

[​IMG]

and another because I can't get enough of her!

[​IMG]

I find it's really hard to capture her in photos, she seems flatter in the photos to me than she does in real life... also she seems to have a more childlike look, with more roundness to the lower cheeks and jawline that you don't see well in the pix. Maybe I'm crazy? Also, her painting is very delicate, I asked for a pale face-up and got that. She is gently shaded around her face with a light pink color that doesn't pick up with my camera in most of the photos. So beautiful IRL!

Posing, I totally agree with tinybear. My girl's head poses okay though, she prefers to tilt it sideways but I can keep it straight without a problem. The sitting issue is the same for mine.

Kyoko is in pinky white matt resin, there's no translucency which you get with the gorgeous French resin. I adore French resin but it would kill me to have her yellow prematurely, so I went with the matt resin. That being said, I love the matt resin, it's a creamy, lovely consistency, beautiful quality and weight. This is an art doll, as far as I'm concerned. She's realistic but not overly so, her hands are absolutely beautiful and her expression is deep and soulful. I literally can't stop staring at her. :fangirl:

11. well she dosnt creep me out now
      Viola and Fleur
      [​IMG]

I much happier with her,I want to bob ,Viola`s hair
      as Fleur is closer to the camera .. they look more like each other
      Fleur is smaller , more slender ,although taller
      Viola is the same height sat down ..but her legs are much shorter
      the picture is a bit misleading

Violla is amazingly beautiful ...but I
      I keep looking at her ...and wishing she were on a body like Narea

I am very very torn at the momment ...
      I think she has the most beautiful perfect face ...and she has got a beautiful sculpted perfect childs body
      ..but I think its that , that I cant take to ..I do love the slender more mature body
      and I really dont know what to do

12. i've been playing around with various looks for Junko, i wanted to get past the sweet girly look that kept coming to mind, so i let her choose her own outfit, this is what she picked. ( i have a few pics in the gallery as well, more of same)

[​IMG]

has anyone resolved the head "pop" situation, i find it very difficult to keep her head straight. her waist pops a lot as well, oh well, her cuteness makes up for it.

13. Miss Ally - your Dandelion is amazing, what a cute modern girl, I can hardly believe it's the same sculpt!!! Gorgeous :aheartbea

14. Miss Ally, Junko looks SO cute like that, *loves her with the violin*. It's amazing how versatile this pretty girl can be.

sfhope, wow, such a nice clear picture of the oriental FR! She is gorgeous in that skin tone. Can't wait to see more of her, congratulations!

15. What size eyes and wig does Dandelion take?

16. hoshinokachi264 your girl is amazing - so sultry and mature. Love the eyebrows!

My daughter's Dandelion, Christabel wears 12mm eyes (these are a pale gray/yellow Ruddy Peach)and a 6/7 wig (Bravotte mohair)that was a bit too large for the Yo SDs.
      Here is a shot from this month's meetup. My hands were shaking from caffeine so the focus is a bit soft.

[​IMG]

17. Oh my, Sheri and Hoshinokachi, your girls are beautiful and so different from each other and the way I could ever imagine Dandelion to look. I can only say--post more pictures for me!

18. What she said!!!!! Hoshinokachi, oh my. I gasped out loud when I saw your photos. Shari your girl is lovely, and the photo looks intentional, soft focus, very cool.

19. Oh Many thanks you two. I gave her to my dear daughter Lirin for Christmas. Turns out Christmas is a good day for faceups! Here is a holiday snapshot.

[​IMG]

Lirin is very busy with work deadlines (assistant on a huge felting project) at the moment and hasn't been able to give Christabel the photo shoot she really wants to with the set and studio lights.
      But she adores this amazing doll and Christabel has a place of honor on the pillow beside Lirin.

20. aw gee thanks! yea the only other photos i have of her are in the gallery post with my other doll.

but once i get some more time i am planning on doing another photoshoot of her so that you can see more of her outfit.

thankyou guys a lot! Sheri your girl is super cute! i love her pouty little face. both hair styles match her so well too.