1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindulrae/Dandelion by Bimong

Oct 10, 2008

1. Shashy, I'm sure you'll love your Dandelion in the FR, it's beautiful... it was hard for me to make the decision which skin color to go with, but I think this doll is beautiful no matter what she comes in. I think the darker coloring is beautiful and very lifelike. I think it was Stella Maris who mentioned that Narin created the Oriental French resin skin color specifically for this doll. I think that's really special!

Dandelion fits Kish 14" Chrysalis dolls clothes too, there are many seamstresses offering these on Ebay. I love my girl in her original outfit, but I'm dying to try her in some new things. I'm going to have to stop buying dolls long enough to afford some clothes...lol!

2. The clothing made for the Kish girls fits very well, in tight fitting tops you may need to move the button just a bit, but everything I bought fits perfectly, chest width and length too! The shoes are a perfect fit as well. You shouldn't have any trouble with the patterns, they always seem to be a little looser than the factory made clothes. This is the only BJD I have that didn't need special clothing to fit.

3. Shashy, I hope you receive your Dandelion soon. I'm sure you will love her.
      I was not aware of this thread. There are some amazing Dandelions pictured!
      I've had my girl for awhile now (her name is Gilberte) and she has gone through many incarnations.
      Here are a few:
      [​IMG]

4. I have a new photo of Dandelion to share!
      Here is Christabel with my recently repainted Masha. Photo is by my husband.
      Hope you enjoy the girls.

[​IMG]

5. I received my Dandelion October 14. I am not posting pictures. I am very unhappy with her. I had asked her to be exactly like the picture on the web and instead she is pale, no blush to speak of, they didn't send the short black wig instead a mohair blonde wig that does not fit and smells and the oriental resin is very yellow. She is one big disappointment. I contacted Dollfair but I guess they haven't heard from Narin. She was so expensive and I don't even want to display her. I guess I may just send her off for a new faceup even though I paid for one that had so little painting I could have done it. What a waste of money and a wait of six months. I received my Dollstown New Susie after only 3 weeks including delivery and the faceup is exactly how I asked it to be. I am very disappointed in Narin. I have looked on the internet for a short black wig like that one and can't find one. Why wouldn't Narin listen to my instructions? I guess they did not care about my order or it got mixed up with some one else's. To top it off, the exchange rate at that time for Canadian to U.S. dollar was high so she cost me over $800 so I guess by the time I get a new wig and new faceup I will be looking at $1,000. To much for this little creature.

I will add something positve. I think after I get a wig, a new faceup I will maybe love her. The colour is not bothering me as much and the body is very nice. Does some popping of head and back but overall a nice feel. She is fatter so MSD clothes are a little to tight but I can sew for her. I just wish I didn't have to send her away again. I am not blaming Dollfair but I am not happy at all with Narin. I have contacted Ravendolls and she will do a faceup for me if I want. Of couse she is busy but she is good.

6. Sashy I am so saddened by your news. Dandelion is an unusual size compared to Volks BJD's. For my daughter that is a plus - she loves the inbetween dolls. It always surprises me what fits on her. Some SD sized things work quite well. Did you get the french resin? It has a bit more tooth and somehow that seems to be more affected by the ambient lighting looking more yellow indoors at night and more neutral in the daylight.
      The faceup and wrong wig sounds quite upsetting. Ravendolls is fabulous though - I'm sure you've looked at her work. It is superb and she is just the nicest person ever!
      I hope Narin will refund your faceup money at least and send you one of the black wigs to soothe your feelings.
      Christabel sends a hug to you and your Dandelion and we hope it all gets sorted out soon.

7. Thanks Sheri and Stella Maris. This has been a very upsetting order. Thank goodness I have had another doll arrive to make me feel better (DT New Susie) I am starting to get used to the Oriental Resin but the pale faceup is driving me crazy and I want that blinking wig for heavens sake. Stella Maris, I looked at the wig and it is quite nice. I will maybe order it if they don't come through for me with the wig. I am still waiting for some kind of word from Narin, Dollfair has not heard back from them. Right now Narin is in my never to order from list. If I had the supplies for doing a face blushing I would do it. I don't know how hard it is to do but I am sure it can't be that hard for just blushing. I would not touch the eyebrows even though they are not as nice as the web photo. Nothing is as nice as the web photo. To buy all the stuff is quite expensive so I am just waiting for word of what is going to happen. I just loved that picture on the Dollfair web page so much that is what I thought she would look like. Thanks ladies for feeling my pain. (I really shouldn't be such a complainer when there are much worse things going on in the world irght now than a faceup on a doll being not very nice)

8. Well, I think you should post a picture. I don't understand why the company would suddenly do such a turnaround. Perhaps they have a new artist whose style you don't like. It could just be subjective.
      Your words alone could be damaging to Narin's reputation so I think it would only be fair to let everyone judge for himself.

9. It is not so hard to just add blush, but if you are uncertain you might want to just send her to have her face redone, especially if you don't have supplies, it might be silly to get a can of MSC and pastels just to do one blush. Let us know how the wig buying goes.

10. I would love to post a picture but I don't seem to be able to unless I joint Flickr or Photobucket. I don't have the time to look into that. If you can tell me how to post a picture from my pictures I will do it. I belong to another group called Bitten by BJD and all we have to do is attach pictures like on an email. This way here is more difficult. I am not trying to ruin Narin's reputation, I am just stating a fact the faceup was not like it was on the web picture. Dollfair is looking into it but as it goes right now I am probably going to have to send her to Ravendolls who I have talked to and pay for another faceup at MY cost. It has been 2 weeks and Narin has not responded to Dollfairs e-mails. After ordering her April 14, I am just too tired of the whole matter but why should I not say anything. I waited 2 weeks to see if anything was done for me and nothing was so here I am. Also pictures seem to make her look better because the picture does not show how yellow she is and is bigger than her so the French resin shows more definition. In person she is just a plain face with eyebrows that are OK but not like web picture, one line of eyeliner and so little blush I did not think there was any until I went to the window and could see a faint bit. Also the wig is not what I was supposed to get. I had asked for her to be exactly like web photo and I was prepared for her to be a little different but not hardly painted. Then the eyes were not in her so I had to do it. When I unwrapped her I really thought at first she had no faceup. :(I really wish I could put a picture here.

11. Stella Maris: That is good advice. I think that is what I will be doing eventually. Ravendolls does such nice work I think I will be happier in the long run. Her work is so delicate and she does use blush. Also I think I will have her do body blush and a pedicure since that is what was on the original web picture and then I think it will hide some of the yellow. She is such a cute little doll and she is growing on me that I think I need her fixed so she can fit in with all the other BJD and my extensive collection of antique dolls. I have collected antique dolls for over 25 years and they have always been bought in person so this buying over the internet is kind of risky. Thankfully this is my first experience at something like this.

12. Shashy - I am sorry you are disappointed with your Dandelion. Did you check out owner pics before you ordered? As I find the real pics often don't look like the promotional pics for many companies. In fact when Dandelion was first released I fell madly in love and decided to get her but wait for the owner pics and when they arrived I felt she really didn't look enough like the promotional pics for me to like her and so I occasionally pop into this thread to look at some photos (as she is a nice doll, just not like Narin's pictures). So I agree with you that the promotional pics are misleading, a reason why I always wait for real life pics before ordering. If you really aren't bonding with her, before spending anymore money on her, consider selling her as I am sure someone will be very grateful to be able to get a Dandelion without a 6 month wait.

As for photos, it will only take a second to join photobucket and to upload your picture on to it. Once you have done that your photo will have four codes below it and the code you need to copy and paste over is the one beginning 'img' - I find this is by far the easiest way of getting photos onto forums.

13. Thanks Kayjay, I will have to do that. I didn't grow up in the computer age, much before so have been putting off the flickr or photbucket thing but will have to get into gear and do it.

I had looked at owner pictures, and no they didn't look quite the same but they had asked for faceups to be different so I thought if I asked it to look the same I would be OK and she would look like the promo pictures. I am starting to like her more so I think if I can get some more blush on the face I will be happy. It is just getting it done that will be the hard part now. I couldn't sell her. At this point I don't hate her that much. She will get fixed, with a new wig:D and then we will be happy.

14. She won't be getting a new home. She is really growing on me. She just needs more blush I am just waiting for Dollfair to get back to me on that before I touch her. It is hard waiting. I so much want to put some blush on those pale cheeks. I really want that original wig too but I have a cute Luts black wig that has blunt bangs, two ponytails on the sides with a little hair at the front hanging down. It is quite cute. I want to velcro her head as well because the wig keeps moving but am waiting as I said. Her colour is even starting to please me. I guess the yellow was such a shock since all my other dolls are the white except for the Souldoll Kanguk which is kind of too pink. Every company seems to have their own version of what they think skin looks like. I like the Luts colour the best. A nice ivory colour, not dark at all. I really must get my butt in gear and post the pictures but you know what I have to do first. Groan.

15. Has anyone seen the new look for Dandelion? Does not even look similar to the old look. I wonder if this is why my faceup was so minimal. They don't offer Oriental Resin anymore plus it is not French. I still have not heard back from them if they are going to do anything about me not getting the wig and a proper faceup. I guess they have moved on to other things. I see the new Dandelion does have a cute black wig so wonder why I got the smelly white mohair one that does not fit. Maybe it was left over from something else and I was the unlucky one to get it. It has now been almost a month since I received her and they haven't replied with an answer. Out of sight, out of mind.

16. Does anyone know if the Dandelion faceplate fit on a regular 43cm Narae headback?
      Thanks!

17. I am wondering if this new Dandelion is the same mold or is she a new one? It may just be the old one but not French Resin and a different faceup. I am now glad I have mine even though I was unhappy with the faceup. I can have it made like the promo picture but this knew one I don't know. I wonder why they have changed it. Maybe it is because of all my complaining about mine not looking like the original doll. I also wonder why they keep changing between the French and regular stuff. Why don't they just do both at the same time. They are going to cause a lot of new customers to be wanting what they can't have.:doh