1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindulrae/Dandelion by Bimong

Oct 10, 2008

1. Dandelion does not have a faceplate system. She has a head and cap.

I went to the website to check on the new look. This is the same sculpt as before. She looks to be in milk white regular resin. The faceup is different - different colors, more detail in the lashes and brows. I think the faceup details are sometime more visable on the white resin. Also she has applied lashes. The photos are taken from a different angle than the original set. I think she is nicely done - quite lovely.

It can take some time and practice to be able to recognise a sculpt regardless of the faceup. Early on I spent many months sitting with my daughter at the computer playing a sort of flashcards game - looking at different people's customized dolls and trying to figure out which one it was. I am pretty good at many of the earlier Volk's sculpts now, but not many others...

As for the resin choices, it is not unusual for Narin to restrict which resin is available to order. There are times where the french resin is not available to them. I think if a customer really wanted a Dandelion in the french resin they could contact the company and ask when it might become available again. I am sure Narin would prefer shorter wait periods for their customers than have occurred recently. They had supplier problems with the french resin so I am not surprised they took that off the menu for now.

So for now your little Dandelion is a bit of a rarity - are you still thinking of sending her to Raven?

2. Sheri: Yes, I have decided to keep her. I am now getting really attached to her and quite like her except for her paleness in the face. :aheartbea My status right now is: Dollfair said Narin wants me to pack her up and mail her directly back to Narin. I told Dollfair I would not be doing that. :x I don't like the new look and resin, it looks nothing like the original one I wanted so I proposed that they send me the wig I was promised with the faceup I was promised and refund the cost of the faceup or a portion of it. :lol: I have now gone and bought some spray, chalk pencils, gloss and am going to try to blush her cheeks and body and give her a pedicure and manicure the same as in the original pictures. Thank goodness I saved those pictures because now they are gone. I won't touch the lips even though they are too pale but they look OK. I want to do the blushing on her face like they had to give her that little girl look. Right now she looks older and paler. I have never done this kind of painting before but I am good with painting so think I can figure it out. A friend on my Bitten by BJD's online group have give me some help on how to do this. :sumomo:I have a Souldoll body that was defective so will practice on it to get the feel. I need to go slowly doing this. If you know of instructions on how to do this please let me know. I have found tidbits on DOA but not a really good set of instructions. If I do totally mess her up, then she will go to Ravendolls. I definitely want her to a faceup for me but I think I can salvage Dandelion on my own. They didn't do a horrible job, they just didn't do enough. I think they were in a hurry to send her to me and that is ridiculous when it was 6 months to get her. I love her body and now even love her Oriental Colour French Resin. I think the body blushing will look real nice. I am going to try doing it tomorrow when everyone is out of the house and hopefully the sun will be shining for more light. Wish me luck. :atremblin

3. I am so happy that Dandelion is growing on you (sounds odd - ever read Mrs Piggle Wiggle? The never-want-to-take-a-bath girl grew radishes on her arms!) Anyway, I bet you will do fine with the blushing. We have some of the volk's pastels, but my daughter more often uses some of the higher quality artist's chalk pastels. I found her some that are softer and have more pigment than the Prismacolor sets from Joann's. I think they were Schminke brand. Our art shop sells them individually so I could just pick the needed faceup colors.
      You can blend colors onto a piece of paper with some tooth (like watercolor paper) or paper towel might work too. I like to use paintbrushes to apply the color, but my daughter really likes using Q-Tips. For a "from scratch" faceup I know the head gets a coat or 2 of the ZM UV cut spray first. This is to prevent the color from staining the resin. But I assuming your girl was sprayed when they did the faceup in Korea. So I think you an get away with not spraying first. If you find that the color is not sticking to the resin, then you do have to spray - it adds enough tooth to the surface to let you apply the pastels. I think of it like a workable fixitive. I know there are a few youtube videos out there on doing faceups. Can't recall what I searched on - possibly BJD Faceup. When finished she needs another coat of spray, to protect the face. Unless you are not sure you are keeping the faceup. It will stay on for a while while you decide if she is done or not.
      When the lips are the color you want you can apply a very light coat of gloss or satin acrylic meduim with a tiny brush, so her lips shine a bit.

We have not done any body blushing here so I don't have any suggestions on that.
      Best of success to you and miss Dandelion!

4. Thanks Sheri for the tips. I have already sprayed my extra hands for the trial run and this morning I sprayed Dandelion except for her face. I need to take her eyes out for that. I am going to do the extra hands first then the feet of Dandelion, then hands. When I am happy with myself I will do the extra blushing on the face. I may cover up the mouth when spraying or will spray and then gloss the mouth again. I am not going to darken the mouth. I don't have enough nerve right now. I think I will do the little bit of blushing around the nose with brushes and do the cheeks with Q-tips or cotton balls like I have heard some use. I will practice that on the arm of my extra defective body first. People say start with a little and then build it up. Good advice. I really like this French Resin. I wonder why it is so much more prone to yellowing. I noticed on Narin that they don't offer the Oriental colour in the regular resin anymore. Before when you could order either French or regular they offered Oriental in both kinds of resin. Maybe a lot of people didn't like it how I was at the beginning. It takea a bit of getting used to.

5. I'll buy a dandelion in the coming days and I'm very undecided on the color of resin to choose.
      I have read that Dollyholic said on this issue that "Tanned resin was not included for her, Because they did not feel it made her look Asian, and she's an Asian gir" This means that although it appears the option to choose the color Tanning French resin, it is not possible to send it with this color?
      Are you available then the Golden beige color?

And one last question.
      The tone of "Oriental" resin is actually the Pinky White right?.

My intention is to buy the dandelion with Tanning french resing.
      I guess is the same color as having the Unoas and Naraes in the same house in this color.

6. I have had the Dandelion for a few months now and it was the Oriental French Resin. They don't offer it any more and a good thing because it was VERY yellow. I don't really like it as much as I thought I would. The french resin is really nice though. I just checked out Dollfair International and they seem to say that all the resins are available. I think the Golden beige french resin would be the best but it is hard to tell on the computer. You need to see it in person. Also I suggest you have the faceup done by another person not Narin. I was not happy at all with the face up they did for me. It was very minimal and I had to add more blush and shadow around the eyes. I wanted it exactly like the picture they used to show and don't any more and that is not what I got. They weren't willing to do anything so I am just living with her the way she is. Also they sent an ugly blonde wig with her that I can't use so you better hope you get that cute black wig you see in the picture. You may not. Ravendolls does a really good job on faceups for Dandelion and she seems really nice. They have a new faceup artist who is good but she does faceups that are more for older dolls not a young girl like Dandelion. Ravendolls does faceups for young babies and girls. You can check her out here on Den of Angels. She shows lots of pictures.

7. It is interesting that you tell me ... previously only had the option "oriental" resin and are now available all options ... So now it meant that today if I can choose the one you want, the colored resin tanning.

Golden beige tone I think is the most successful, but I worry it might be too yellow.
      I chose to buy in tann resin, because seeing the Unoas in this color are more realistic, more like normal skin color and not so white.

Definitely opt for tannnin french resin.Sure it is equally precious.
      Thanks for your answer.

8. Hi Compresadefresa,
      I just wanted to say that Our Dandelion is the Oriental french resin like the original photos of dandelion at the beginning of this thread. To us she is lovely and not yellow. I ordered her in the 2nd or 3rd order period, with no faceup so my daughter could have the fun of making her all her own. She has not yellowed in the 13 months we have had her.

I think yours will be lovely in tan - very natural. Congratulations on your Dandelion!! I hope she comes home quickly.

9. Shashy, you really shouldn't judge what another person is going to deem a good color based on your personal taste. I have the original Dandelion in Oriental skintone, and she is beautiful. A yellow tone is not a "bad" tone, that is just your opinion. I completely disagree. Also, the Narin artists are incredibly talented, and they are just that, artists. Because one didn't exactly copy what you saw in a photograph does not mean they do bad faceups, or that anyone else would not be thrilled with their work. IMO, it is incredibly rude to flame them the way you did.

10. Stella Maris: Someone asked about colour and I answered what my experience was and I am entitled to my opinion even if you don't think I am. I am not going to lie. I just said what I thought of my colour and if you look at old posts of Dandelion others said the same thing. Oriental colour is very yellow especially if you compare it to all the other resins. It isn't available anymore anyways. If someone had a faceup here that was not very good, and I have seen a few, I would never say anything, I would say nothing but Narin are supposed to be professional faceup artists and my experience with them was not good. I waited 6 months for my doll and the faceup I asked for was not what I got and paid for, plus Dollfair said I could request the black wig and I got a blonde mohair wig that smelled like mildew, was dry and brittle, and did NOT fit the doll. I got a very minimal faceup, hardly any paint or blush, not ghastly, but not good. I could have said a whole lot more, there was more to this story, but I didn't. This is supposed to be a place where we share our experiences and learn about these dolls, not just a place to receive compliments.

11. I just wanted to add a little something here. I have seen Shashy Dandelion and the blush is practically non existent. The whole face- up on is totally different to the advertised doll, the lips are not even close to the same colour and look chalky, brows and lashes look like they were painted like paint was scarce. Don't even get me started on the scabby bit of cat fur they passed off as a wig! I would not have been happy with this doll! A company should not advertise a product for sale if they are not able to deliver it as advertised. I know but people say about the company employing artists, but if the artist is unable to reproduce the advertised product even somewhat closely, then they shouldn't be painting! We are talking about an $800 doll, which is a lot of money and if a customer has a complaint and the company refuses, ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to address it, then the company deserves to be FLAMED.
      I must have missed the rule at Den of Angels that said " Post only nice things and keep the truth to yourself"
      I don't know about you guys but I look to see what is being said about a doll before I buy and to have only butt kissers allowed to post is not even remotely helpful.

12. I guess I have started a debate here. I really had only started to comment on the colour for the person that was asking and stated about my experience with my colour. Maybe my oriental skin colour was more yellow than other oriental skins. As for the faceup, when I first opened the box, there were no eyes in her head and I thought "oh no they forgot to do the face." After waiting 6 months for the doll, I had expected her to be perfect. She did indeed have a faceup but all so pale and subtle, like there was a shortage of paint. After putting her eyes in, buying the painting supplies and researching how to do it, I added more blush, a little shadow and did a body blushing and manicure to hide the yellow. I also had to buy the spray and wig. This all cost over $100 when she should have come the way I had asked. I hadn't expected her to be exactly like the picture but very similar. All my Luts, Peakswoods dolls have come with faceups EXACTLY like the promo picture. I think there was a serious problem at the Narin factory and I was one of the people that had to be in the middle of it. I also have to add, Dolllfair did try to help but Narin wanted them to tell me to ship the doll back to them to do all over again. They never offered to pay shipping. Well after 6 months I thought I should cut my losses and not send the doll back to maybe never be seen again. She originally cost about $800.00 Canadian then my additional $100 so this was not a cheap venture. I in no way blame Dollfair but I do put Narin responsible for not stepping up to the plate. If they had said they would refund the faceup money and send the proper wig I would have been happy but no they didn`t want to do that. I can`t even blame the fact they are from Korea and there was miscommunication because all my other dolls from Korea have been a breeze and the people so nice especially Peakswoods. This is a business problem not an artist problem. I am not new to collecting dolls, I have been collecting for over 25 years with an extensive collection in antique, artist, modern, cloth, etc. I just hope others that are buying Narin have better luck because the body of my doll and her quality of workmanship was great, just a problem with them correcting my faceup and wig. The colour I was going to live with.

13. For those of you who've received your dolls this year, you might want to consider posting company feedback – positive of negative – about your experience.

People will have different ideas about skintones, doll companies etc, but 'taking someone to task' or 'calling someone to the carpet' is not necessary here. Please keep discussion civil.

14. Good idea Dezarii, company feedback is most appropriate.

Thank you.

15. I want to share some images of my Dandelion (oriental french resin) dressed for Halloween. [​IMG]

16. Toydogz4, Your Dandelion is lovely, and I like her outfit and wig, too. I know that Xiaoli's is the first version of Dandelion. When they changed the name to Dandelion Min-del-re, I couldn't tell if the sculpt had been modified or not. Is your girl the original or the (possibly) revamped version?

17. I wonder why he is doing that. I adore the little girl body the way it is, it is such a unique sculpt and makes such a wonderful, wistful little girl.

18. I agree with you but I guess it might be easier as a one man operation to have heads to fit one body - one size fits all - but I would prefer to see Dandelion on a younger body. Well the new doll won't be Dandelion (Mindulrae) will she, she'll be a gorgeous asian sculpt on Narae's body. Possibly one I would get, but not the child like girl I fell in love with when I saw her.

Of course it may only be an idea and not actually happen.

19. I know a lot of people got the original Dandelion and didn't care for the chunkier, more childlike body. I always preferred that look but I think you and I were in the minority, toydogz and kayjay. I'm sure she'll make a lovely traditional MSD doll, but I will always love my early Dandelion best. :)