1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindulrae/Dandelion by Bimong

Oct 10, 2008

1. I guess I'm in the minority, too! I've been wanting a Mindulrae, and was about to order her when the new IDealian came up for sale. Now I won't be able to afford to buy her for a while. :(

I hope Bimong keeps the old body as an option. The thing I like about her is the very childlike, chunky body she has. She looks like she could be a kid sister for a smaller SD.

I can see how others might be turned off by the original body, though. A body so different in size requires custom sewing. That's not a problem for those of us who sew for our dolls, but I think it would be a turn-off for a lot of folks. It would probably explain why fewer have sold, as well.

2. There's a photo of Mindulrae's ear and jawline up on Bimong's flickr.

here

I am definitely getting this sweetheart. :D Hopefully more Mindulrae photos will follow soon!

ETA: Would anyone mind if I asked the mod to change the title of this thread? I think it's a bit misleading for newcomers to this doll.

3. I originally posted about the 'new' body in the old thread, and the mods transferred it to a new thread, which they titled. I've changed the title, do you think that is ok?? Or tell me what you want and I can edit it again

4. Oh, cool! If she's more mature, I might actually want to get her. I just don't go for childlike dolls.. so this would be great!

5. This title is much better I think! Thanks, kayjay! I just didn't want some newbie (like me) seeing Mindulrae on Bimong's site and not knowing this was the place to ooh and ahh over her. I don't know the history of this doll. I take it she is developed from a doll called Dandelion? Mindulrae is a gorgeous name (though Dandelion is pretty cute too). I don't know what Mindulrae means, but I may be tempted to keep the name. It sounds like a chime of bells.

6. I believe that Mindulrae means Dandelion in Korean. The older version hasn't sold well, I think because people expected her to be Narae's younger sister and she was too chunky for that. I personally loved her but have held back from buying her partly due to the cost (she cost a lot more through Dollfair) and partly due to the potential problem of clothing her. Bimong's resculpting her and says she will be more compatible with slim msd and Narae.

Here's the original thread, which includes a letter from Bimong describing his inspiration http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-Artist-Bimong-Discussion&highlight=Dandelion

7. I have one of the original Dandelions - She isn't that hard to cloth. All the dresses that I have made her fit my dollstown 5 yo body with no changes and fit the 7yo dollstown body with me just lengthening them some. She has the shape of a child and actually if I compare her to my daughter the scale is 1 cm (doll size) is equal to 1 inch (child size - when she was 4-5 yo). She was my first BJD and still is my most favorite - I love her wistful look.

8. Thanks so much, kayjay! I'm hoping that the new body won't be too far from the old one. The chunkier the better. I adored Dolltown's 5 yo boy bodies, but in the end I didn't get one because the face sculpts weren't for me. Bimong states clearly that it will be a flat-chested child body for the new Mindulrae. So I'm hoping not too far from the previous sculpt.

9. There's a picture of Mindulrae's body up on Bimong's flickr. I think it's lovely.

10. Really, really interested in seeing owner pics of the pretty girl on her new body. She's always been on my wish list, but I felt like I couldn't really afford her. Now she seems like she's within reach. :)

11. Yay! I ordered my girl today! I'm so excited! :)

12. What is the difference between Korean normal skin and real skin?
      The normal skin is more yellow ?

I can't find a good comparison picture of all pale skin types, korean, french, normal, real.

What a lovely doll though, in any skin type <3

PS Opal, congrats! Envy envy envy ;)

13. Congratulations, opal! I ordered Mindulrae about two weeks ago in French normal resin. What resin did you choose? And did you go for the face-up? Miss Day's face-ups are particularly lovely. I see by your signature that you've already chosen a name for her. Kami is very pretty.

I think this is the problem everyone faces (if they haven't ordered a Bimong doll before). I ended up checking out Bimong's flickr and the database threads for Mindulrae and narae/narin on DoA and it still wasn't much help. So I posted a query on Bimong's question board and he told me "normal" has a very oriental feel -- so more yellow.

It's worth noting that Bimong is changing his ordering system and releasing small batches of dolls every month in limited resin choices. See his April 2011 news on his website.

14. I ordered Korea Normal, and without a face up. The default is lovely, but I was thinking that maybe if I ordered her without a face up, it might speed things up for them. I've talked to Buff about doing her face up when she gets home to me.
      I ordered normal resin, not french, because Kami is to be 'sister' to my 4 Dollstown girls, and they are all normal resin. The only french resin girl I've ever owned doesn't live with me anymore. I had a beautiful tanning french resin Narae, but Ingrid belongs to my daughter now.
      Kami is short for Amaterasu-Omikami, the Japanese sun goddess.
      Yes, I saw that notice about the ordering changes, and was desperate to get my order placed before May 1st.

15. Opal - congratulations, I am certainly looking forward to seeing her, I hope your (our ;) ) wait isn't too long

16. Lol, you and me both! But then, I've waited a long time to finally be able to order this girl, so I guess I can wait a little longer while they make her up for me. I only found out that she was available straight from Bimong by staying up late one night and reading a very long thread elsewhere on the forum.

17. I agree with the "kid sister" look of Dandelion, and I loved her and bought her. But she is *way* too big next to the other Narae & Narin. If she had been the same proportion as them but smaller and childlike, and I wouldn't have sold her. She's just the wrong size altogether.

18. I understand this completely. I think Mindulrae is the same height as Narae and Narin? Or at least close? But obviously completely different proportions. A smaller Bimong doll -- similar size to the Iplehouse BIDs 26 cm? -- would be very cool. I have tentatively planned that my own Mindulrae (when she comes) will be a companion to a set of 40 cm child dolls (Sashas and Gregors). I think the proportions will be similar, though the aesthetic is obviously very different.

19. Anybody have any pics of the new Mindulrae?

20. Not so far, I don't think any have shipped yet. :P