1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-me! A doll just like you...

Apr 15, 2007

1. I wouldn't want a Minimee or a doll whose sculpt actually looked like me, but it could be kind of cool to have a doll based off of myself ^^ She could be like a super-model version of me or a cutie chibi version with just a similar personality and hair/eye coloring etc!

2. I don't have a doll that LOOKS like me, but I do have one that's supposed to be how I envision myself. Her character is how I imagined myself to be if my life were a little different than what is, mixed in with how I am as an adult. ^^; is that weird? lol

3. No, I don't want a doll that looks like me. I'd rather have dolls that don't look like anyone in particular, as it makes me feel more creative and makes it easier for them to tell me who they are. I don't want to shoehorn a doll into a preconceived idea of who or what they should be.

4. When I was really young I special ordered a doll that was created to look like me (not BJD). Her face was supposed to look like me, supposed to have the same eyes and hair as me etc. I was just thinking about that and wondering if anyone had a doll that were representations of their self. I was thinking about eventually getting one that kind of resembles me for a Sailor Bunny doll, but I'm afraid it might seem a little narcissistic.

5. I love the idea. I have thought about that myself. Who cares if it is narcissistic.

6. Naw don't worry about being a narcissist. That would be so neat to have a doll that looks like you, she could be your minimee. and then you could dress alike and take photos together going places have the same Birthday! It would be fun! I usually by dolls based on who I am cosplaying and carry them with me to conventions so it does look like I am me and I have a Minimee. Go on have fun get the doll!

7. The idea of having a doll which looks like the owner is quite cool. But I don't think I want it because I have no confidence of how I look like...The doll may look ugly and make me more depressed when see it. :D

8. I have one planned that would look kind of like an idealized version of myself when I was younger.

9. Initially I thought that was the route I'd like to take. However, after browsing through various dolls I find that I'm more drawn to ones that I share a *few* features in common with, but have very distinct differences as well. I think a "me doll" would creep me out in the end... ;)

10. Not to sound vain (okay, maybe a little) but I've got a very doll-like and young looking face naturally so I've already come across a few dolls that look like stylized versions of my face, but I haven't seen any that look dead on, and I don't think I'd want one.

11. Nah, that would look really boring next to my other dolls. ^^;

12. I would look weird as a doll, but the idea is so cute I think so people would love the idea but me no I'm sure some people would look so cute as a mini doll of themselves.

13. I kind of like the idea … I am am neither vain nor overly pretty, but I have seen Minimees made after their owners that made into completely different characters. I just think it would be fun to paint and style a doll like that. I have painted many Minimees over the years, and I am quite fascinated by them anyway.
      I am also in a visual style band with each of us plays a certain character. We already have comic characters of ourselves, and I think it would be cool to also have dolls of the band members. Our fans would love that, pretty sure …:XD:

14. I'm not completely vain, but I love the idea of having a minimee. I use myself as a roleplay character online, so it'd really just be like shelling any of my other characters. Plus, it'd be kind of cute to go to a convention in cosplay with a minimee also in cosplay.

15. I don't think that's weird at all, I think it's kind of neat! If I were to ever have a "minimee" doll, it would have to be something like this but you explained it way better than I could have :)

16. It's weird, but yeah. And more for technical purposes =D

17. I like to consider my doll an extension of me so she's kind of my mini-me! In fact, we pretty much have a matching outfit lol

18. I have a miniature me. I made it for therapy reasons after an attempted suicide under recommendation from my doctor. I both love her and hate her very very much. If you see my Anna around that's her. I have a hard time referring to it as if it is myself, even though she shares my name and IS me. My sister stacherabbit painted it for me. She is very talented. It looks so completely exact that it is very strange and uncanny to have us be in the same room. She fits in well with the rest of my doll family now, and helps me deal with a couple of heavy issues, so I'd say it's successful.

If you ever see Anna around the forums just talk like it's a normal doll. It's easier that way. :P

19. I have seen a Littlefee on Flickr and she got curly hair like I did as a very young child and now searching for a wig like it! But I don't think she will be my mini me because I prefer my dolls not to be a family member or of myself.

20. I'd be uncomfortable with it to be honest.