1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-me! A doll just like you...

Apr 15, 2007

1. I have a doll on my wishlist who looks a quite a lot like me, which isn't something I originally recognised since its a male! Oops!

2. Erm...it'd weird me out.
      I already don't use mirrors because I don't like looking at my own face (I know that sounds bad but it's not a self-esteem thing, seeing my reflection just weirds me out because I don't look like how I imagine I look.) having a miniature me to look at feels...awkward. There's only one me, and to make another, even just of resin...yeah, I...don't think I'd care enough to take the time to replicate the details, I'd end up noticing all kinds of quirks in my appearance that I wasn't already aware of and the whole me staring back at me-

Yeah I just couldn't do it. I'm just not keen on replicas of real people...

3. I have never had an interest in doing this. I play Sims and people play themselves. I have never done that either. It is probably fun for some people, but it is not something that I want to do.

4. I've been toying with the idea of getting a mini me. I think it'd be cute for conventions lol. Not sure it'll happen though. xD

5. A couple of years ago I had the idea of having a minimee but I gave it up quickly. I'm not cute nor interesting so I wouldn't know what to do with a doll that looked like me.
      I dislike the idea of making dolls of other people too. It wouldn't feel right having a BJD of a famous person... I also thought about making one like my favourite singer, in fact I had found a stock doll that resembled him, but I realized it would be really creepy. I would never want to know if someone had a doll looking like me!

6. I play The Sims games and I tried having a sim in the game who looked like me, and it was too weird so I deleted her (me).
      Until they make a fat old lady BJD then I'm in no danger of having a doll who looks like me LOL

7. Sometimes I think of recreating the little girl me, sort of like a voodoo doll thing except give the doll love. Lots of love, lol.

8. I wouldnt call my dolls a "mini me" but they do take after parts of me like style wise and who they are they definitely reflect me i would say.

9. It would be an interesting prospect! Right now one of my OCs, which I gave physical form to in my MSD girl, has some of my characteristics so in a way she is a little like a mini me, but we are definitely not identical. The personality and likes and dislikes I created for her differ from mine.

10. I am planning a doll as a gift for my parents, who adore my doll crew. It is not a portrait doll of me (that might get too creepy), but rather a sculpt that happens to have similar features to me as a kid, and I am planning to do a faceup and make a wig to make the resemblance even deeper. I even making her an old style school uniform, just like I had in the 70s. :)

11. I want to be as creative as possible, so I wouldn't do it. I already dress in j-fashion and doll myself up, so there's not much I could do creatively with the doll that I haven't done with myself. I like working with new character design ideas for my dolls.

Besides, I don't really want a doll that's supposed to be me. The whole point of my collection is to not focus on myself and focus on my dolls.

12. I don't think I would want one that looks just like me. But maybe a fantasy version?

All of my dolls won me over because they remind me of "someone" I know. But I don't tell them that.

13. I don't want a whole doll that looks like me, maybe, but it'd be cool to at least make a head and bust as a kind of doll form self portrait.

14. My dolls all carry facets of my personality, so in a way they're all a mini me. But appearance wise? I don't like my appearance at all, so I wouldn't want a doll that looked like me. My grail is actually the idealized vision of my features but I will never live up to her standard. That said, I would like someone to sculpt chubby bjds for us chubby people.

15. I'm guilty of making a Sim of myself when I play Sims, but I feel like having a mini-me doll would be really vain and self-centred... I have seen pictures of people in just matching outfits to their dolls, and I think that's pretty cute!

16. Mini me dolls are sort of cool. I mean if you get one that looks EXACTLY like you like had it made to look just like you, thats abit much. But I plan on ordering either a dollzone girl or an atelier momoni reira to be my mini me Bumble. and i look nothing like her :D
      it's all up to personal opinion

17. No, that would creep me out =/

18. That would be cute and all. However, I kind of find it odd? I don't know, all of my dolls are part of a world. And my mini me would just be irrelevant to my collection. Not to mention that plus sized bodies are, well, not made.

19. Hah, I play with the idea! It's fun considering what sculpts my friends and I would be (I'd probably be a tan Minifee Chloe!) but I'd never actually do it. It'd just feel odd to me.

20. I dont think id want a doll that looked just like me. I have though concidered getting a male doll and giving it the same name as me, just spelled different. I would also give it a wig with a similar hair color. I have an unusual red hair color but i have seen wigs similar to my real hair. He would be a really cool male version of me, so it is yes and no.