1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-sized dolls manufactured specifically with superior posing in mind.[List added!]

Jul 9, 2009

1. the Camellia Dynasty body is really awesome for posing. Stands like a rock, but I can also get it into human-like poses pretty easily. The elbows and knees are double jointed. The only thing I've had issues with is the torso joint, which you can't really do a ton with. I haven't found it to hinder anything though.

2. Glad someone mentioned the SDC body. My MSD is on one and he is my best poser! However -- I've had a girl SDC too and I found that boys pose better. They appear to have a more posable knee joint than the girls do, strangely enough. :?

And might I also suggest the DoC new body dolls? If I was looking for another posable mini (and I sorta am), I'd definitely have DoC on my short list.

3. Nope, the difference in translucency is only on the real-skin dolls, which has french resin mixed in; the regular ones are made of the same kind of resin.

But, I think FL is much darker than a lot of the other doll companies in terms of their normal skin resin, so the match would probably still be off. Also, the neck holes would be different, though I do believe the head size is the same.

4. the Limhwa Mono can pull off a very wide variety of natural looking poses as does (as everyone before me said) the A-line MNF. Even the old MNf's were good, Xredderz got her old MNF shiwoo to do a handstand unaided! though Mono and Aline are superb natural posers. oh and the official fairyland website is here: http://dollfairyland.com

5. I would like to nominate the Elfdoll Lovelydoll, a slim MSD with double jointed elbows and knees and excellent balance.

6. I've seen them but haven't played with them in person. They looked like they would have good mobility. Does anyone have a sample of Elfdoll's lovelydoll mobility? I'd love to see :)

7. Asleep Eidolon are pretty good. I've only owned the old body and I loved the double joints on it, very smooth.

The new Dollndoll Diamond body is the old Serendipity 14yr, pretty amazing.
      This is the Serendipity version, but it's the same apart from resin.
      Double jointed hip:
      [​IMG]
      Double jointed arms and flexible wrists. (nudity):
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/babytarragon/minis/DSCF5655.jpg

8. omg i've been out of the loop and I had no idea about the diamond body. I'm so excited! Those out of my reach back when Serendipity debuted them. I remember them being very innovative back then.

9. I updated the front page with Shinydoll's brand new mini, Fragille. I currently have one of these amazing little girls ordered, and I'll be posting a full posing review once she arrives~ Shinydoll engineering is fantastic when it comes to poseability harmonized with aesthetics!

10. Hey guys, I am wondering... in your opinion, what is the all time best poseing bodies for msd? :)

11. I don't know about 'all time best', but the Volks Super Dollfie Cutes (SDCs for short) have pretty amazing posability. Though they're mature minis, which might not be what you're looking for. For immature minis with good posibility I'm rather fond of the Fairyland MiniFees.

12. In my opinion, the Fairyland Active line body.

13. Thats what I've heard! Plus fairyland dolls are so cute!

14. I'm bumping this thread because it's such a helpful thread and it's opened my eyes up to other dolls that I turned out to really like!

15. Like a few, these are slim MSDs, but since the board is already bumped, I have to put in a definite vote for Angel of Dream's MSD male bodies. Getting mine to stand was about as easy as putting his feet on the floor, a matter of seconds, no fight whatsoever, and he can do some gorgeous posing too, including holding a position touching his collarbone, and he can pose his arms almost as well as my vinyl can. When posed with his girlfriend they melt together almost too naturally.

16. I added Ringdoll's Kids to the list. Still on the hunt for beautiful flexible MSDs!

17. I just got the girl soulkid double jointed body and it's very flexible. It's not a new design so I'm wondering why it hasn't been added as of yet? It also matches Fairyland resin very well, so if you have a floating head like I did, it works beautifully.

18. The list is missing dolls that aren't new simply because I'm not doing so well staying up to date with all the dolls available. :3 This is a collaborative effort, now. On that note, thanks, I added the Souldoll kids to the list!

19. You should add DOC to the list~ ^^