1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-sized furniture and props discussion

Mar 27, 2005

1. the accessories do rock. If you can find a tent they fit MSDs so well :)

[​IMG]

I also found a few SD sized things too like some beach chairs, umbrella, tennis racket. For the MSDs there's baseball bats and loads of other nifty sports accessories :)

2. Here of some pictures of Nana in her new bed I got at Ikea.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Nana what are you doing?
      [​IMG]
      Nana: Getting my stuff!
      Isn't it a great size for her?:aheartbea
      BONUS PICTURES:
      [​IMG]
      Playing connect four.
      [​IMG]
      It's a tie

3. If you are leery about ordering from American Girl, I will say this...AG is made to be heirloom quality typically. So yes it is expensive, but it will last for years to come. MSD size stuff if you look for anything made for the 18 inch dolls it will fit just fine (as most MSDs are within an inch of that). It just takes a bit of time to look through a lot of things, but there is a lot out there. Far easier to find things for an MSD than an SD.

4. Have you seen the new Dollzone furniture? Bit on the expensive side, yeah, but those chairs looks amazing!

5. Can MSD kids use American Girl furniture?

6. The beds seem to work okay for me and some of chairs work but might come off a touch too big though.

7. You can also try looking at 16" fashion doll furniture. There are some really nice things at Tonner Doll Company.

8. Maybe try American Girl on ebay.

9. Hi Spampy! I have an American Girl sized bed, and it fits my girls like a double bed. it's a bit low to the ground because AG dolls don't have bending knees. there's a picture request thread somewhere on the board, do a search. you can see examples on there. so anything that requires sitting might be a bit low, as will tables. closets and beds should work fine.

10. In general, I think the furniture made by American Girl is mostly more delicate looking. Some of the third-party beds look pretty thick and crude and the thickness of the wood might look odd with a mini.

Carolyn

11. Also you can try dog beds, some are perfect for 45cm dolls.

12. I rezz this thread! Me and Nic went to Target and took Olivia with us and compared her to some of the furniture there that was available.

[​IMG]
      here is the Our Generation bed, I find the bedding a little childish... but Olivia isn't really supposed to be "immature".

[​IMG]
      The Salon Chair,she looks like a little kid. xD ( if it doesn't load right, look sideways. )

[​IMG]
      The Scooter, I think it's too big for her. :/

[​IMG]
      The tea set, I think it looks alright.. Mini's are supposed to be small so I can understand why her feet would dangle. :D ( look sideways if it didn't load right, lol )

13. OMG! That table and chairs set would be perfect for my dolls. I'm going to look and see if our generation has a website. Because Seriously.. that blows me away!

14. Interesting - the scale looks a bit larger than the old Our Generation stuff. In the older stuff (found occasionally on Ebay) there is a Futon (chair style), an asymetric upholstered chair and possibly a couch and a different bed.

Old photo of Sharmin in the 2005 Our Generation chair:
      [​IMG]

Carolyn

15. Just saw this thread and thought I would put my two cents worth in. I just posted these photos on the Narae 43cm thread. These tables are very reasonable and can be found on http://www.everybodylovesdolls.com. Janet Wysong sells a few MSD sized furniture pieces. The bathtub I bought at Target where they sell their version of American Girl doll. I thought it worked out rather well and was quite cheap! The table next to the tub is by American Girl. Normally I find the stuff for those dolls too chunky but sometimes you can find a nice piece that works.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Hope this helps. It is fun to look for props. It becomes a real treasure hunt! Also not sure if this was mentioned before but www.victorianwoodshop.com has some nice pieces too. He is a very nice man to deal with.

16. I'm after a Victorian / antique style couch to fit two MSDs but it's proving to be quite difficult to find - I've searched ebay and they have some nice designs but sadly most are green and that's not the colour I'm after XD;

17. I think most if not all of Volks furniture is for SD. Those pieces are 13 inches tall. If your mini was standing behind them only their neck and head would show above the back. Even though they are high-back style pieces I think that is too tall for minis.

Carolyn

18. The two Volks 'modern' couches seem about right though (if a bit expensive) they are very similar to what I have at home, and almost exactly 1/4 scale!