1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimee Discussion

Sep 13, 2014

1. My Raziel MiniMee have a Buddy Body now and cosplay wig.

[​IMG]

I’m so happy. My second hand Grell Sutcliff MiniMee arrive today! It still need a body. Hope to find another Buddy Body because I really like its proportion.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2837/34186578132_ddf1213db4_k.jpg

Does anyone have Kain from Legacy of Kain?

#241 vampirevich, Apr 29, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
    2. Does anyone know if people are still allowed to send in pictures of themselves for a minimee? And which company does that?
      Unless I'm mistaken, I remember waaaaaayyy back there was a company or two that would (for a hefty price) make a one of a kind minimee, I just don't remember which company did that.

3. NobilityDoll can make only one Mini Me full set. NobilityDoll shopping mall - Ball jointed doll

Dragon Doll can make only one $ 500 Mini Me head. I don't know if you need to talk mandarim. This service did exist in China but I can't see a slot in Alice's Collections. Telesthesia & Dragon : Alice's Collections

Huayi use to make cheap good $75 Mini Me head. You need to write in mandarim and your model will be available for open sale. 首页-华逸BJD娃娃-淘宝网

Dollshe Craft need group order. Classic BJD Archives - DollShe craft

4. Thank you so much! I was starting to think I was crazy because I couldn't find anywhere that still did this.
      Luckily I have a friend that speaks Mandarin so maybe she'll help me :D

5. Everyone has such interesting Minimee sculpts, I don't follow Western-media much so I'm pretty clueless as to whom most are,
      but I love all the ones based on anime and (Japanese) video games. At least, I can recognize those! Lol! DX

Quick photo of my Lelouch Minimee; I love how he looks on my Limhwa's Mano's body, the proportions are pretty close to he character
      if only the arms are a tad on the muscular side (not too bad though). I always intended for most of my Minimee to be floating heads,
      so I wasn't upset when I didn't get an extra Mano to permanently have a body for my Lelouch, but now it makes me a bit sad that missed
      the opportunity. The wig has been Psed, because I shouldn't be styling anime hair ever! I almost started cursing when I was trying hard to keep
      my cool and the wig just wouldn't cooperate (it's my fault, I suck at making wigs and styling hair even when it's just regular human-like hair!).

[​IMG]

6. After lurking and ogling for years, I've finally fallen into the resin BJD pool -- and of course it was "Minimee" heads that got me.
      I bought a Granado head (V-08) because I thought it resembled Tom Hiddleston's Loki, and looking up other celebrity-style sculpts lead me to Natrume on Etsy where I bought her Dean and Castiel heads.

I can't wait to get them in! But now I have to find bodies...

Oh, and is it just me, or does this Immortality of Soul doll "Jade" REALLY look like David Tennant? Immortality Of Soul

I am torn between buying a used Tennant head by Owl, or buying this one. I'm sure someone has brought this up before, but does anyone have some advice for a newbie? :)

#246 emac, Jul 21, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
    7. I can't help you on the heads. Because the heads are large (usually) they need a broad shouldered doll body. I have my Sam Worthington head on my 5th Motif Veintu body. I also thought the head resembled Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) so photo-shopped my head - taking out the head cap and adding the Star Trek uniform - and it works for me.
      [​IMG]
      I wish the heads were not quite as large and my older DIM heads have yellowed quit a bit - even - but still yellow.

8. Reviving this in the hopes that someone can help me identify this minimee

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

9. Arekushia, that is a very interesting looking Minimee, I would guess it's one based on an anime character,
      but I have no idea who, or if it is for sure one. I stopped caring about DIM Minimee head sculpts after I got my custom
      Sephiroth head sculpt from them. However, I am certain he is a DIM Chinese team Minimee head sculpt, because of the
      characteristically lopsided cranium and weirdly protruding head-cap (I own enough of their MNM sculpts to recognize them).
      Sorry I can't be of any help in your search, but I do hope you find out who the sculpt is supposed to be. I googled MNM photos,
      but there aren't that many around. (:

Here's a recent photo of my custom DIM Sephiroth MNM head sculpt.

[​IMG]

- Enzyme

10. It looks like it's Reno from the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children movie, based on the promotional photo of him with his tongue out.

11. Thank you both so much!!

12. My Nobility Doll Mr B:

[​IMG]

He's still not quite right - but with the addition of that gorgeous custom wig (that the lovely Myrretah made for me) he's one step closer to being the Thin White Duke/Mr Newton.

...The flatcap is part Bowie's on again/off again choice of hat, and a nod to his hipster-esque obsession with the Peaky Blinders before they got turned into a TV show!

13. I'm in search for a Minimee head of Aoi from the GazettE.
      Is there anybody knowing where I could find one?

14. @Nici-chan83 Have you tried putting up a want-to-buy thread in the Marketplace?

15. Yes, I did and no answer till now.
      I also asked somebody on etsy about sculpting a new one but I only got the answer that I must found some more who want this head because the sculpting is to expensive.

16. @Nici-chan83 I see. :( How about starting a hosted order for an Aoi in the Marketplace, and hopefully get some people together and place a group order with this Etsy seller?

17. I have access to full marketplace since today. I think this would be the only option I have now.

18. I discovered that a particular standard sculpt could be made to look almost exactly like a particular Korean actor. I won't go into boring detail. I'll just show finished doll pics along with an explanation of who he is.

Anyone who's seen the Korean historical fantasy drama, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo will known the main character, 4th Prince Wang So. I fell in love with that show and with the character of Wang So, specifically. The character is played by Korean actor, Lee Jun-Ki (Joon-Gi)

I discovered that with the right faceup, wig, etc, Iplehouse's Bichun sculpt could look exactly like this character as played by Lee Jun-Ki.

Actor:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doll:
      [​IMG]

I then found a photo of an iconic scene from the show and tried to recreate it with my doll. Keep in mind that Iplehouse dolls aren't the greatest of posers and they don't have mobility joint arms so there's only so far their arms can cross over their chests before the don't go any further.

Scene photo:
      [​IMG]

Doll:
      [​IMG]

What do people think?

#258 Bishounen_Hideto, Jun 4, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    19. That's a really good likeness! Good job! :D

20. Thank you! It was a labor of love. <3