1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimee Discussion

Sep 13, 2014

1. He looks so great. :)

2. He looks great on that blue body! It seems like a great match, crazy that happened so perfectly! I really like that TomH head....it does look good with other dolls. It's got just enough realism to look like him, but not enough to look weird next to regular BJDs. Claude really makes a great Thor! I saw one IP doll (I Can't remember which now) I liked for Chris Pine, but it's an SID so I don't think it's big enough....plus, lack of realism won't really work with mine. Someone just needs to make me a minimee of Kirk!! *shakefist*

but anyway, I was on vacation for a whole week!!! and came back to a notice that my Spock head is already at the warehouse! I paid for his shipping and he should be on the way sometime this week! Already!! I really thought I'd have to wait longer. I'm so excited, but I don't have the slightest clue what body to get yet! I was thinking DT 18, but I'm not sure about the neck, and that's a lot of $$ to plunk down on something I have doubts about. I love my DM body, but they don't sell them separately, and I don't think I want the same one twice anyway...arg. My DMGM is around 72cm, so something in that area is going to be best. I guess I need to start looking up the big boys. And I wanted to be out of 70 cm.....ha.

3. omg I just tracked Spock's head and it said expected delivery date tomorrow but delivered and is at my house right now!!! I wish I'd done it sooner...I could have gone home and gotten him D:

One hour....then I can go home....

4. I'm in the same boat with Kavarr waiting on a RDJ head but I am using him as Sherlock not Stark. We just got photos of the altered body so that he will be 64.5cm tall instead of 60 or 68. They are ready to start pouring. I am excited, just don't know how long it will take now. :dance

Congrats, VampireAngel13!

5. I'm eager to see a Mirodoll Minimee. I hope they do a good job! Here's hoping it's not too long a wait!

Thank you! I has a Spock right now! :D
      Sorta. He's on the bald and blank side, and would be a perfect match for DT Fresh skin (at least the one that I have)....which means he looks like a WS head on an NS body. I have a wig coming for him, and he's got decentish temp eyes in. He can borrow Khans shirt for a pic if I can get this crappy fur wig I have on hand into some kind of shape tonight....

I think he looks absolutely perfect on the Dollmore Glamour body I have (that is now being shared by three heads. Lol) which kind of sucks....I was set on the Dollstown 18yr. But really, other than the color he's perfect now so I'm afraid the DT might be too big. And of course, Dollmore does not sell bodies separately. At least not these. But hey, DM GMs are less expensive as a whole doll than the DT body is alone lol so I'll save about $50!

Best part, I grabbed some 65cm DZ jointed hands in a yellowed NSP off the MP - they're the same size as the NSP 70cm Dika Doll hands i had on the DM body and the exact color. EXCAT same color. So Benedict is nearly a matching doll. Spock, not so much....but I'll blush him to match the body I eventually buy for him.

6. Congrats on your Spock's arrival VampireAngel13! I will be interested to see how he turns out :)

I can't wait for Miro to cast our RDJs. The price for a custom head and body through Miro was pretty inexpensive too. Hopefully not to many months before Sherlock and Stark are home :dance

7. I was wondering if i could ask about the eye size for specific DIM Minimee head in this thread?
      If not, is there a thread somewhere else that could be helpful, that someone might happen to know of? :)
      Please and thank you to everyone!

8. I think it will depend on what sculpt the head is. I own six different DIM Minimee heads and depending on which character
      the sculpt is based on, their eye-size will vary. For example I own a MNM sculpt based on an anime character and he takes 20mm eyes,
      all of my other MNM sculpts are based on video game characters and only one of them can take larger irises. Although most would look
      okay with 14-16mm eyes, most look more like the character they are based on with 5mm or smaller irises. Most of my DIM MNM have custom
      made eyes, just so that the irises match their characters. But in more simple terms, the more realistic looking the sculpt is, the smaller the eyes
      it will take. However, it is also a matter of taste; some people prefer the larger looking irises in their dolls regardless of the style of the sculpt.
      I hope that helps a little.(:

- Enzyme

9. I currently have the DIM Aoi head on layaway, and i haven't been able to find anything describing what size eyes this particular sculpt needs... I kind of have a feeling it could be 18mm but then again it could also be 16mm... I have a lot of eyes lying around, but none in the color i need for him.... I know i can always get eyes later after getting him, but a seller i buy stuff from is having a great deal on eyes and i wanna jump on it. Lol! :P

10. Luxury_Comedy, without a picture of the sculpt there is no way we can even remotely begin to answer your question. Mininees are so diverse that eye sizes 8mm to 22mm are possible. (Though for realistic heads, you can minimize that to 8 - 16mm)
      It's also a matter of taste; some people like to see more white than others.

Here's a bit of very general advice on eyes. Get yourself a very cheap set of all eye sizes from 8mm to 18mm. Color is immaterial, size of eye and iris (and pupil) are the only things that matter. (You don't need to get a size you already own in a better quality, just as long as you can use it for trying it in the new head) Then you wait for your head to arrive. Then you try all the eyes and find the ones that suit this particular head best in eye size and iris size. You may find that you like a smaller eye better because the iris comes out more natural. Only once you've figured out which size looks best to you, do you go out and buy the eyes in the right color/material. This means you can now buy those really expensive eyes and be quite confident that they will be the right ones.

11. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. :)

12. RDJ minime Sherlock from the meet yesterday. I have to wait to do the faceup because I'm out of MSC.:pout:
      [​IMG]Sherlock and violin by steamwitch, on Flickr

13. Luxury_comedy, I have painted a lot of realistic DIM Minimees, and most of them took 12 mm eyes, some 14 mm, and some 10/11 mm.

14. my Minimee boys have both 12mm eyes.
      but it varies a lot - i think the japanese music characters take 10-14mm. but just saying what i know from others who also took between 10 and 14mm eyes.

15. I have a Aoi (Gazette) MNM from a GO from ~2006 if it is the same head, I can take a couple of pictures? I use Eyeco in either 11 or 13mm as I have personal preference for realism for my MNM heads - my Aoi has no faceup at the moment though. Let me know :)

16. I'm using 10mm eyeco eyes for my Aoi Minimee head.

[​IMG]

17. Don't forget to check the Minimee Database:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php/130694-MiniMee-heads!-(All-brands!)

I kind of miss the following all the minimee group orders when it was reasonably easy and sometimes fast to get going on popular characters,
      and to add to the list there are also Neytiri (from Avater) and I'm thinking the male counterpart too, Jacob Black (Twilight), Hiruma from Eyeshield 21 anime.

18. I have added them, except for the male Avatar, as I don't know his name ;), I will add him too, if someone could tell me his name ^^

Thank you. My experience is too, that the smaller eyes look more realistic, except for two of my Kyos, who needed 12mm eyes, all my Minimees have 10mm eyes.

19. Also the Audrey Hepburn is listed wrong; one is done by DiM China, the other by DiM in Korea. Know this for a fact because I organized the DiM Korea order.

20. My Mirodoll Robert Downey Jr is finally home and complete and Angeltoast did a wonderful face up for me :)

[​IMG]