1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Miracledoll Discussion Thread

Dec 24, 2013

1. @Acyd
      Golden lips would be great! I was thinking about doing gold leaf wing tips intead of the red i had o: And having like a almost blood lipstick for the top lip and dripping the cut on the bottom?
      I dunno i feel like I would have to paint it digitally first to test it out haha

@Xila
      Ooooooooh those are nice bodies!!
      For me, since the Jing head seems to have become an Aesthetic head instead of anything I'd use to model art stuff for, I think i'd go with the 04 body from doll chateau? I love their bodies and sculpts in general! But I guess I dont really have anything that I would use them for if I can't model with them but this is kind of turning into an Aesthetic thing instead of anything useful haha. I dont like the other adult bodies as much because the anatomy goes a little too unbalanced for my tastes. i'm totally wavering on that though!

uHhHhhHhHh ringdoll RGMbody03 has a 15.5 cm shoulder and a 31.5 cm chest. IDK if it helps but my first doll order was for a ringdoll fullset haha.

Because the mock up I did was with a normal body but I did a second mock up though o: I wanna be able to look at both and maybe sketch both builds a bit before I really make a decision but! Here's kind of what i generally want? There's probably gonna be more than just yes add extra eyes on the chest too but LOL I haven't come up with it yet. (i hope he doll nudity is alright??) I haven't actually measured though to see how big it'll actually be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,>.>;;;;;; im not v. smart ok
      [​IMG]

I'd also like to add that I'm a total nooblet at hybriding so i have no idea how to make sure 2 doll bits fit together lmao o)-<

#381 BoneLace, Mar 15, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    2. acTUALLY AM I ALLOWED TO POST MORE THAN ONCE. (i'll remove if im not!! also idk if i can post more than one picture lmao)
      WHEN DOLLMAKERS SAY A SHOULDERS ARE 15CM DOES THAT MEAN FROM DELTOID TO DELTOID?? im so confused
      bc i just measured out 15 segments on the product photo w/ the body and then shrunk the DC body down to 14 units/cm.
      Is this how it works??? 'cause it kinda looks ok????
      ?????????????????????????????????
      [​IMG]

3. Please do! :D I'd love to see! And yess, 4 arm mods are among my favorites! Excited (but nervous!) to do one, myself.

Oooh, yay, YAY!!! :D I love it!
      I went to mail you some info about putting Jing's head on other bodies, but now you've got me rethinking my whole life, lol. A 22cm head + A-body-04 works a lot better than I remember it! Here's a 21-22cm head on one. Here's a Soom Dia (23cm head) with the extra neck joint.

Ringdolls are so pretty! Too muscular for this doll, but maybe someday!

Oh, and: That's all any of my dolls are to me, really. Just Aesthetic playing around. No shame in that, imo :) I still have fun with them! I enjoy the creation process, and not necessarily the story-building.

I think that looks right, given what I found about hybrids!
      Booooo, why did I remember this hybrid not working??? This is probably my favorite body out there! Dang brain!

EDIT: OH here's a tidbit I just remembered: a 10cm neck hole + 8? cm neck = huge neck gap. Some people mod this, there's tutorials around for how to do it! Maybe that's what I'm thinking of...?

As for measurement: I'm confused, too! I think they typically mean point of the shoulder to point of the shoulder, but... Honestly, I think all companies measure slightly differently. One Of Those Things.

That's a smart way to go about this! Mockups are so fun. Speaking of, I dug out mine:

[​IMG]

This is my very first mockup-- not the plan anymore, but I thought I'd show it since we were talking about modding the nubs into horns!

4. @Xila
      Oh whoa whoa!!
      Those look pretty good actually o: And i was wondering why the heckie the head size was so screwy lmao

Does it come out more like?? this ?? or is it more like this ?? I'm wondering now if the head will turn out a little too small because O)-< Idk how to measurements ok lmao. The 23cm heads that you gave look pretty ok but this one is 22 so I dont know if that's a big difference or not ahhhhhhh
      Also! Do you know if it's possible to have the extra joints on the body but not the extra neck joint? o: Or take off the neck joint if I don't like it? @.@;;

Yeah i think this head needs a more delicate body *v* It's got a really nicely soft aesthetic going on and i adore that.

A friend of mine said that you could just do epoxy or something and paint + sand it down to get the neck gap to hide a little more? o: I dunno how feasible it is though!

Oh man oh man the mockup looks pretty cool though! I was scared of colors so i was like lmao no thank u
      Are you inspo hunting for what you would want/like now? o: Usually when I get to that point, i just take a look at my inspiration blog haha. Or an Aesthetics blog. (i'd be really interested in seeing what you decide on though!!!!)

5. @BoneLace

Hah, just kidding, I think the way you measured the shoulders the first time was right! I don't think 22/23 cm shouldn't be tooooo big of a difference, especially since we're talking total head circumference. So, I'd say your original measurement was best!

And, yup! The extra pieces can be removed as you'd like.

The only problem some people run into is that the a-body-03 neck piece for the extra joint is different from that of the base piece. The top joint is shaped like a normal neck, while the piece connected to the torso has that ball joint thing on the end.

Jing's head hole is so huge, though, I'm not even sure if it'll be a problem. If it is, though, all it would do is limit poseability in the neck.

For what it's worth (Because it's 7am and I can't remember which one this conversation was originally about, haha) A-body-04 and a-body-03 are effectively the same, but the a-body-04 doesn't have the extra neck joint, and isn't designed to support one. As such, the neck part on the torso is shaped like a normal neck.

I'm still torn about which version of the body i'd get. My gut instinct is that the neck joint is a no-go, so the 04 is the more logical choice... but I want the option, dang it.

Your friend sounds right! Here is one way of doing it. You can also mod the neck itself. Totally feasible mods, in either case!

Haha, it seems like I'm forever inspo hunting! That's a good point, though: I don't have any set inspirations for this head. hmm. Maybe I ought to find some! It doesn't help that my ideas for this doll (character/origin wise) have changed so many times, and so drastically.

Here's a more recent mock-up of the face. As much as this design breaks everything I thought I knew about myself (EX, I knew I didn't like pupil-less eyes, or eyes that didn't all match...) I think if anyone can pull it off, it's this head. Black hair is my most likely go-to, but he does also have a white-blonde wig bought for him.

[​IMG]

...Ignoring that I didn't bother to fix that grimy, grey-ish skin at all, haha. I love working with color in skin, but not at that particular moment :sweat His skin tone will probably have a decent amount of red in it in order to help bring out the green eyes.

I feel like i've tried everything and a half with these eyebrows. No eyebrows, eyebrows close to the center (like yours, BoneLace), eyebrows closer to the sides of the head, long brows, short brows, thick brows, thin brows... So, no promises that these brows will stay.

The only thing this picture really shows is the eyes I bought for him: 2 pairs of Safrin Doll fantasy metallic, and one pair of Ersa Flora in this really bright shiny yellow-green. I hope the irises aren't actually so large in-doll, but I'd rather set myself up to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, lol.

6. @Xila
      wait wait so this one??
      Though also an acquaintance of mine linked me to someone that owned both the jing head and the DC 04 body and I sent them a message about how they would look together ;u; I hope it's not something that's rude to do because whoops lmao

I think i'd rather get the 03 just because the extra neck joint would fuck me up if i got literally any other doll head for that body too haha If you look at the other DC heads, theyre all kind of weird which is why they work so well with DC bodies! At least that's what I think haha

lmao even if you don't, this is a fun sculpt to just own! *v* A friend of mine wants to own one but no funds haha. They're saving for a SID Eric right now.
      I guess i kinda wanna see if there's anything else I would wanna do with the head though hmmm

I think if you get a WS + white hair though it would be equally striking! I was thinking mine would have some kind of v. clear cut part white hair in the back.

I think I was running with the dot eyebrows first before I realized that they dont really work and had to mod into what i had now haha

7. @BoneLace I was thinking of this one!

Oh, yeah!!! Totally let me know what they say! IMO it isn't rude at all to ask-- I've done it, at least (not with this combination), and the recipient was plenty enthusiastic to talk about it!

:D I love seeing all the ideas people have for this head.
      I've been planing to get this head for ages, and I'm an aggressive image searcher, so I feel like i'm in the "Seen enough to know what I don't want" phase of planning... Of course, that doesn't help me much in the "wondering what I DO want" phase.
      Speaking of cool Jings, this person has one of my favorites! It's on a modified A-body-0-something (The 04, but with the neck embossing)

I think you're right about the 03/04 debate-- going for the more straightforward neck seems like a good option.

8. @Xila
      I got the reply from mismantisbjd !! And they were kind enough to take some photos of their jing + limited body 04!! I think it looks a little weird from the side because of how thin the body is and as theyve mentioned, the neck gap is a little huge but It seems like it should be fine?? :0c
      Here's a photoshopped copy with a shorter neck though!

Also actually I was on the fence about the body for a bit bc of how thin the profile was but now that I see your favorite hybrid I think it looks just fine o: I think i'm gonna go and grab that after I get the head! (next year though!!! I promised myself only 1 doll a year or less!!!!)

I think I might do a few sketchups of this just to get a feel for the anatomy and doll without photoshopping existing work o:

9. So I bought two Ruiying heads. I couldn't decide between white and tan, so I took the advice of the Old El Paso taco girl and decided on both. xD

10. @BoneLace YAY! You're very skilled at photo editing, btw. All of my own photo-edited mockups are very sloppy! The combo looks pretty good, I think! That Jing head looks like White Skin?

I'm in the same boat about needing to put the A-Body on hold, though, too. (Oh, April Story did write me back: Can't sell me just parts! Oh well, good excuse to get that body ;) And it means my Jing can have a body to hang out on in the meantime.)

I find Jing really fun to draw! Haven't done it since around the time of my initial mockups, but his face is very swoopy and fun. The rhythms in his face make a lot more sense than I initially thought they would.

@Cloudedmind YAY, great choice! Miracledoll tan is such an interesting color.

11. Thank you, I followed your advice and ordered 14/6 Enchanted custom eyes... and purchased a Long from the marketplace here on doa:) Very happy))

12. @Xila
      Lmao thanks! Though I think it's mostly just because I have a tablet haha. These are very quickly slapped together mock ups.
      I think it is WS though I'm not too sure haha. I forgot to ask OTL
      The WS will be really nice for my mockup just because I think it'll make a great contrast with all the black I want? I managed to buy a bottle of the world's blackest (acrylic) paint so I'll see how it goes!

I think I'll get a bust stand in the meantime though! I dont have a lot of room at my apartment so a bust stand is probably for the best so I dont get too many dolls at once haha

I think the jing head and the DC body though have been really challenging for me! I havent seriously tried to paint/sketch them but just from a few initial attempts, the anatomy has been really challenging since I cant just assume that I know how it's going to look, I have to keep going back to check the product photos on how it'll actually look o:
      I'll try doing a serious paint of it tonight though!! Lmao it seems like a fun challenge

13. @BoneLace
      Hah! I have a drawing tablet as well-- I'm just super lazy and sloppy about stuff, haha!

Oooh, blackest acrylic? That sounds awesome!

I'd love to see your drawings (Either here, or personally, or on some other website) if you're comfortable! I think today i'll work more on a mockup and gathering inspiration. I'd like to get a more solidified idea about this guy!

14. @Xila
      Yeah!! It's got a black hole like effect going on and i've been trying to get a bottle since the first batch and I finally managed to grab an order now!! It'll look so distinctive on my boy haha

Also!! Yeah!! Please show me what u have of your jing!! I love seeing everyone's stuff for this doll ngl
      (also do u wanna talk on skype or anything? o: I also have a discord)

15. So awesome, @BoneLace !!! :D

In your honor, I've started a pinterest board for him. There's not much on there yet, but it is helping give me a feel for colors, materials, textures, etc. that i like for him! My Pinterest name is the name I go by on both Skype and Discord, too, if you (or anyone else) wanted to hunt me down :P

I've done mostly written notes for this doll/character, so far. It's the fastest method for me to hash things out!

16. Hi everyone! I was told by a friend that you guys were talking about Jing head on A-03 body and I can tell you I have the very hybrid and it works quite well imo. Keep in mind there is gapping, but I don't mind it too much at least. If you'd like some specific pictures, I'm happy to provide~

I haven't taken many photos though since getting the body, but here's something for a reference:
      [​IMG]

Nooooot a great picture, but it's not a good time for me to take any photos right now. Sorry ;;;

17. Oh man, doesnt he look gorgeous! I guess youre trying to make an acrylic wig? I see yarn :D @crappyshappyshaw

By the way, I want to put my Vic 2.0 head on a DF-H 62cm male body. I think i might have seen it before with Vic the original, but I don't know, will it work? On that hybrid they said it was DF-H 65cm but I dont think such a body exists. B)
      Of course I could just kinda put the head on the body but he has not arrived yet hahaha
      Man I'm hyped.

18. @mincy - I think someone has him on an AOD body?? I haven't seen DF-H, personally. Mine's on a Gem of Doll body (which is around that same 62-63 range). Their YNS matches nicely with Miracle Doll's NS.

@crappyshappyshaw - That body/head combo looks amazing.

19. @crappyshappyshaw thank you, thank you!!!! :D I'd love to see anything you're willing to share! I so adore those feet :D

Is that the extra neck joint next to him? Does the head fit ok with the neck joint removed, or do you think it might have been easier to get the body without the neck joint, to begin with? I'm still debating between A-body-04 and A-body-03.

20. @crappyshappyshaw
      Oh man thank you!! That's absolutely perfect
      //shed some tear
      It's everything that I could have asked do for a head as unique as Jing ahhhhh

Do you have any other photos/plans for him? *v* I'd love to see more

Actually! How are the resin matches too? O: do you have white skin?

#400 BoneLace, Mar 31, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 31, 2017