1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Miracledoll Discussion Thread

Dec 24, 2013

1. @BoneLace Thanks! The heads are so cute, I'm glad I bought them.

Here are the heads together, Ruiying. I'm thinking of getting either Dollzone or Doll Chateau bodies for both. To my eyes at least WS has a bit of a cream/beige undertone as well, so I'm wondering if it would work well enough with the new DZ/DC WS.

2. Those are such cute sculpts! You should post photos for whatever bodies ou end up getting because they'll be so rad.

And same! I've been thinking about getting the D.C. 03 body for my Jing head since the white skin is a bit ivory

3. Ugh I'm just not bonding with my Vic2 like I though I would. I thought the head would be perfect for Ed, but now that I have the Vic2 head and the SheCow Mara head home, I don't think either are gonna work for her ughhhh. Just put an offer on one more head to try for Ed, but if it doesn't work I might be having a mass head migration. I hate when plans don't work. Like, you think you've found the perfect sculpt and then it gets home and feels like it literally says "that's not me." :(

4. @Wolfie Pie I'm so sorry to hear that. Failed dolly plans really suck. I hope you can find a head that will work and that you can still use the Vic head for some other character.

I'm getting a jing head in the mail soon. I haven't seen him in person yet since it was straight off to the face up artist . I'm excited to get the head. My jing is going to be a girl. And I'm getting a first version Vic head as well

5. @KiwiNinamori It's such a bummer. I'm trying to think of someone he can be, but I'm more concerned about having a bunch of floating heads. I was doing really good with almost having bodies for everyone and now I'm gonna have 5 SD-sized heads without bodies. And that may not technically be a lot compared to some other people's collections, but I'm mostly a Mini-sized collector so it's weird having all these big heads around.
      A girl Jing sounds awesome! Jing is a seriously cool sculpt, there are literally no other head sculpts like it. And also congrats on the Vic1 head as well. I like the Vic1 head better than the 2nd- the bigger eyes he had originally are much better imo.

6. @Wolfie Pie I completely understand. I usually try to buy the body while I'm buying the head or before hand since I hate having floating heads around.

And here is my jing head!she came in from her faceup artist Jisatsu (chi no tenshi). Her name is Deja, short for Deja Vu. Her character is a deity who can see the past, present and future- hence the three extra eyes.
      [​IMG]
      https://flic.kr/p/WuuFRZ

7. @KiwiNinamori Ohhhhh you were the person who bought Jisatsu's Jing! :D I absolutely love the faceup he gave her. Congrats!

8. @Wolfie Pie thank you! I'm really happy with how Jisatsu did it like I envisioned. I'm going to send my Vic head to him next for another faceup. I'm so excited.

9. @KiwiNinamori Ji has my modded mnf Shiwoo head right now for a faceup, though he hasn't given me any updates cause I guess they're having really bad weather out there??? I'm excited to see how he paints your Vic. I think I've given up on mine. XP

10. I'm interested in buying the miracle doll 65cm boy body, does anyone have any pics of it that they wouldn't mind posting? it's hard to find good pics of this body online:sweat

11. Hello thread! Your dolls are looking so great!
      @KiwiNinamori Nice grab on Jisatsu's Jing! It'll be interesting to see girl Jing :3nodding:
      @Follow-the-Wind :o Your. Baiye. Is. AMAZING!! I've been interested in Baiye but just think I'd rather admire from afar. I'd love to see more of this cutie~

I'm sorry for not posting any extra body photos with Jing, I've been really off and on the doll stuff and have finally started working on a faceup for him.

Thank you! I will be making an acrylic wig soon, right after I finish this faceup. I'm so worried about it coming out right, since eyebrows are my weak point.
      Yes! The extra neck joint works alright with the head, but of course there is some gappage. The extra neck joint also is somewhat weak with holding up his giant and heavy head, so it's probably best to hot glue suede or kip him on the neck parts. If you think you will love the extra joint look more, go for it!
      I will try and take some photos tonight or tomorrow and put them up.

12. Here are the photos! Sorry for the poopy lighting, I tried adjusting them so they weren't glaringly yellow, but...they turned out looking very pink. Also don't mind his half-finished faceup. Weather's been on and off humid and I've been too lazy to finish.

[​IMG][​IMG]

with and without neck connector:
      [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a photo with some white light so you can get an idea of the resin comparison. I'm not sure how old the body is, as the person I bought the body from didn't know, but I'll assume it's one or two years made after MD? I have no other DC dolls for comparison. The body IRL is definetely more yellow than the head (for obvious reasons), but I think it's a pretty nice match if you don't mind it. The colors blend nicely in photos and when looking at him, I don't notice the color difference unless some intense direct sunlight is hitting him, which is hardly ever.
      [​IMG]

Hopefully this helps! Again, sorry for the hiatus.

I had some initially loose plans for him, but after trying on some clothes and wigs, I decided against it. I've done a faceup mockup on how I want him to look, but I'm not so great at doing the real thing :sweat Eyebrows are hard and my hands are shaky.
      [​IMG]
      The hair is very rough but I want him to have a cute wispy white wig with some flecks of color~

13. That mockup is cute, man. I love the rainbow hair idea

14. Dude!!! That's super cute and omg all the photo references are super helpful!!
      Ahhhhh I'm so jealous of how great they look!!

And agree omg the rainbow hair is super cute ahh

15. @mincy @BoneLace
      I'm glad they were helpful! And thank you, I hope I can get the hair looking alright.

16. Hi guys! I've been lurking on this forum before to really see if I wanted a Jing to shell my character, and you guys helped me decide to take the plunge! He's also going to be on the new 68 cm body (with head) body. I was on the fence about getting him on that body or the Doll Chateau Fergus one because I liked the natural slouch, but it's fine. So hopefully he'll be arriving late November! I also picked out a Zixin head and am going to plop that on a doll chateau body. Do you guys know if there's a Mini Miracle Doll Discussion board?

17. @crappyshappyshaw Thank you very much! I though I have shown more picture of my Baiye here but I didn't :doh

[​IMG]
      by Follow-the-Wind, on Flickr

My Baiye is on a Jie doll body (with neck mod).