1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Miracledoll Discussion Thread

Dec 24, 2013

1. Nice! I am considering the body, but it is a large amount of money and considering the circumstances would be a pretty risky purchase. I am not sure when jobs/work will be back to normal.

I might end up sitting on it for so long that I miss the chance haha!

2. I have her on long layaway (odered her in grey skin with the "outfit") <3

3. I like the cat/monster body but it's female and I don't collect female dolls so I'm safe. Not a big fan of the toothyness of the head either. If there was a non-snarling version there may have been a problem with keeping my finger off the buy button. My wallet is weeping tears of joy at that.

4. I'm actually planning on putting the head on a Dreamvalley 71cm boy body since it has the right neck size and is pretty good in general for the head. I honestly feel it'd make a great boy. It could also work nice on the 60cm female body from dream valley :)

5. Does anybody know if the monster cat head can work on a dollzone 1/3 male body? I'm tempted to buy the entire fullset but thats expensive.

6. Most I'd suggest is the 63 or 68cm bodies with some modifications to the neck since the necks are slightly too big. I would honestly look more at the 63cm male body from dollzone since we can look at the female body as a guideline on how good the head might fit. Since its a smaller type of head I'd look for smaller shoulder width.

I would look at Dream Valley 71cm male body. If you are open for suggestions. its a 9 cm neck with a reasonable shoulder size. Its compatible to the 63cm Dollzone male body. Its basically a bit taller though.

7. Miracledoll latest dolls are wonderful! But I miss some older mold, like baiye (the original 40cm version) and the Chihuo. I'm so sad I didn't had the money to buy at least their head when they were stopped two years ago!

Here's my Baiye, BTW. I also have a Lestat (the original head, not the adult one), but he still has no body.
      [​IMG]

#527 Follow-the-Wind, May 5, 2020
      Last edited: May 10, 2020
    8. I drag myself back to say... that Allie is now five.

[​IMG]
      *fireworks, stock children yelling "yay" sound effect, etc.*

I've ordered him one of those resinsoul "yi" bodies for him knowing full well I'd need to mod the neck, but the big dilemma for me is his face-up. His sealant has yellowed considerably--he has a small chip in it and the resin beneath that is pristine and naturally mellowed a bit, but OH BOY this sealant is grungetacular. What did they USE? (It's JUST visible in this picture, but trust me--it's really not great.)

I'm coming to grips with the fact that I might have to wipe it (which is super sad given how in love I am with his default) and am going to have to spend a LOT of time psyching myself up for it. Why's it gotta be this way orz

9. @Kaninchen ,I'm in exactly the same place with my Jing! The faceup is so chipped and grungy that I just HAVE to wipe it soon, but I love it.... :( I'm hoping to take a lot of pics in natural light before I wipe it. It's my own work, but I have yet to do another faceup that I like as much!

10. @Xila there needs to be some kind of support group for faceups that really need wiping but you're super attached to, it's one of the most anxiety-inducing things in the hobby. I have LESS trouble with lopping off parts of a doll than I do wiping face-ups!

I'd bite the bullet and get him done now just so the nerves go away, but I'd like to wait until his body comes so I can blush it at the same time. ): That's going to be at max about four months from now... so I get to enjoy(?) his faceup and turn over how to do his next one in my mind 'til then.

11. One of my guys (OT for this thread) needs to be re-painted and he has full tiger-striping over his entire body. He's my favourite and he's been played with a LOT. Despite how careful I've been, it has been 12 years. But because Moswen is my favourite and I need to send him out to be painted, I feel a little anxious about doing that.

12. @Kaninchen same here, I'm not positive about the body either! Do you have sealant? Maybe a gentle clean and a few new coats of sealant will help preserve the faceup for another few months.

Having to send a doll away would be stressful for me!! I'm glad I enjoy doing my own blush work

Miracle has put out some super cool full dolls lately! Not my thing, unfortunately, but I'm happy to see the take these interesting new turns.

13. @Xila I have sealant, but it's his existing sealant that's the problem. Aside from the two small chips, everything's fine--the sealant has just yellowed very poorly. So he'll be OK with it for now, it's just a little bit of an eyesore tone wise. (I've also seen what they've been putting out and MAN if I didn't already have two other layaways going I'd have sprung immediately to put down another for that seemingly OT 1/4 rabbit. Now THAT'S what I call a bunny!)

@Iron_Dog I couldn't imagine thinking of redoing a job like that. I'm overly careful and nervous with my one dyed and painted doll, and he has nothing in the vicinity of all-over stripes. :shudder

14. Moswen and his son, Jaiseki (AoD Min), have the most body blush work of my guys although Jaiseki's is a LOT less. Dakvir (Doll Love God-Enjoy boy) is dyed blackest black and he'd held up really well (and is not sealed in any way). Mkhai (Impl Miguel the Demon Hunter) has the most time consuming and delicate work as I've metal leafed him in gold, silver and copper (that took 36 hours).

Apparently I enjoy a challenge.

15. Hello I’m Interested in getting Miracle dolls new limited BJD the crazy rabbit and would like to hear some general feedback on the brand Miracle doll in general. Any reply would be helpful both pros and cons would be much appreciated to help me decide on whether to purchase.

16. I only bought a blank head years ago through Cover Singing, but it arrived very well-packaged! I have no complaints :)

17. Really considering getting Crazy Rabbit myself... Just stuck on if I should get black resin or grey.

18. Tough choice on the resin colour. I'm heavily addicted to grey resin (I have 12 grey dolls) and I have an awful weakness for black resin (I have 2 black, 1 resin & 1 dyed). Black is the more rare colour if that helps any.

19. @Iron_Dog lol I was thinking black for sure, since last year my own black rabbit passed away. Though I worry the details may be shrouded because of the color? idk, I dont have much experience with black resin. How do you like yours?

EDIT: I caved and got him in black.

#539 crappyshappyshaw, Jun 10, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    20. Yea! & congrats @crappyshappyshaw

The black resin doll I have is Skerren, an Akhmel Nathan, and he is genuinely black. Dakvir is a white Doll-Love God-Enjoy boy that was dyed black but when you see him in strong sunlight, because of the nature of black dye, you'll see undertones of bronze-brown to him. Skerren, on the other hand, is black no matter the lighting.

Black resin/dyed dolls are a pain in the butt to photograph well. Details are difficult to pick out unless there's a really strong light source and shadows can play havoc with getting details to show up. I cannot speak for how face-ups go on black resin as neither of them have one nor will either of them ever have one. When people see Dak they actually don't notice that he doesn't have a face-up. He does have wickedly long eyelashes though. Nobody thinks anything of Skerren's face either but it's decidedly NOT human so that's probably a factor there.