1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Miracledoll Discussion Thread

Dec 24, 2013

1. Shailara saw your Vic on tumblr BlitheFool and came to me on Skype and was all 'look what I found, I bet you'll like him' xD; Needless to say I knew I needed him the moment I saw his blank face... and the faceuped one at Jeeryama just affirmed my hunch... so I'm currently planning to do a small layaway with them for him because... yea... I'm doomed. In the very brief few hours I found out about him he grew a name, personality and a very strong accent -A-; can't go wrong with a sculpt that inspires an entire character in milliseconds, I say...

I'm also very happy we managed to stumble across the company in general! Their dolls are so pretty (and the bodies too hngh!) @u@ Shai is already planning on two heads from them too... the things dolls do to us...

2. Congrats, Soenatte! I look forward to seeing another Vic on the Miracle Doll board! I was smitten the moment I saw him as well. I think he'll be a lot of fun to work with. Miracle Doll has a lot of really neat sculpts so far. Vic's my 2nd doll from them. :)

3. I got a wig too! Christina is so sweet. x3
      And your Vic looks great even blank, BlitheFool! I can definitely relate to Soenatte on the insta-inspiration, he is just one of those sculpts!
      I felt the same way about Lestat and I have to admit, the same with Vic! The only thing holding me back is my feeble attempts to stick to planned characters and doll plans. :'P
      It will be awesome seeing two Vics here, I'm eager to see their faceups~

4. She really is!

Thanks a bunch! I can't wait to give him a faceup but I think it'll get pushed to next week. Hopefully this lovely weather we've been having here will hold out. I just ordered Vic (that name is kinda sticking...) some more clothes. He might look like an actual character by next week!

5. Thank you BlitheFool! I'm so very excited myself~ We should spread the love! There can't be this few miracledolls around! D: uvu me and Shai will be ordering a Vic and an Asael come next week. It'll take us until July to pay the layaway off and after that they will fly over to Indonesia to get their faceups from my favorite faceup artist ever! I usually do my dolls' faceups myself but there are some things I know I can't do and that's effectively aging a sculpt... So it's going to be a while until my Dievin will be able to show his lovely smile here but the wait will be worth it~ xD

That aside, I really love your Lestats BlitheFool and Genevieve! >A<; They are just gorgeous really... love how they look so different from each other!

6. Awesome, Soenatte! I can't wait to see those two. I'm sure they'll look wonderful. Bring on the Miracle Dolls!

7. Oh yay, I can't wait to see two more! Especially an Asael. ;)

I'm enjoying my new camera, and so is Deimos. He is waiting on another attempt of me being happy with a wig I choose for him, but in the meantime he's enjoying his pesudo-angelic look.
      [​IMG]IMG_0033 by GenevieveYay, on Flickr

8. Ooh! I like him as a blonde too!

9. In case you wanted to see two Miracle Dolls in the same photo:
      [​IMG]

Vic's still in temporary everything and his faceup really isn't in it's final stage but he's close enough to be photographed.

10. Here's a slightly better photo. I worked on the faceup more a couple of days ago. You can actually see it now!

[​IMG]

K. I'll stop spamming the thread!

11. Hello all!! I plan on getting lestat in the near future! But I can't quite decide which body to get for him! Does anyone know if WS miracledoll would match fdoll white skin? And if the proportions would be okay if I'm looking for a 60cm body? My other body choice would be crobidoll r-line which I believe would be a good match, color wise, but modding of neck is definitely needed >.<

12. I'm afraid I don't know much about fdoll resin. I think Miracle Doll boys would do OK on shorter bodies depending on what the shoulder width is.The Miracle Doll bodies are 65 cms so it wouldn't be that big a difference. I have my Vic on a Crobi Doll M Line body. Resin matching is pretty solid. I should sand his neck a bit but I don't think it looks too weird right now. My Lestat is on a very old 70cm Dollzone body that was once white.

13. Ooh what do you recommend the minimum shoulder width should be? The character that I have in mind, is someone who's extremely thin but not that tall.

14. And BTW I love the faceup you have done on your Vic BlitheFool!

15. Ahh your Vic is fabulous~ Feel free to spam. >3> that's a great nose your boy has.

And as for the WS Lestat, I have a few WS 60 cm bodies I could try taking some pictures of the proportions and what not for you. C: I don't have any Fdoll, but maybe one of the bodies I have will have more information on resin match!
      I have an AoD, Dollkot, and Resinsoul WS body I could try.

BTW, I have my Lestat on a WS Dollchateau 70 cm body, you might try the 60 cm body for a short skinny guy. :3 I needed my Lestat to be very lanky and willowy, so the DC body is perfect. I also think the Resinsoul body also fits that description.

16. That would be great Genevieve! I especially would like to see how he looks like on the aod and resinsoul bodies! If I fail to like the proportions then, I will immediately choose to get him a taller body, specifically the dollshe body (preferably the older hound one, if I can get my hands on one)!

17. ^^ Thank you Genevieve and Azure! He's been fun to work with.

As for shoulder width Vic's Crobi body has a 14.5 shoulder width which I think looks fine. Genevieve- isn't DC around 14cm for their A2 bodies? I think those look amazing for Miracle Doll heads. My Lestat has enormous shoulders. He's on a DZ B72-001 body and it's, like, 16cm!

18. It's actually quite small for a 70cm guy, the website says 11.5 cm and that's comparable to my 60 cm guys as you'll see.
      The rest of the pictures are on my flickr, but I'll show the main ones I took for the neck fit.

Here's the AoD (FtM in progress mod, so this is a girl body):
      [​IMG]IMG_0356 by GenevieveYay, on Flickr
      [​IMG]IMG_0354 by GenevieveYay, on Flickr

The match for AoD WS to Miracledoll WS is great, I'd say a 95% at best. The proportions don't look bad at all imo.

And Resinsoul 60 CM WS:
      [​IMG]IMG_0343 by GenevieveYay, on Flickr
      [​IMG]IMG_0338 by GenevieveYay, on Flickr

Again, the proportions look fine to me! Resinmatch isn't as good but I personally think this body looks really good with this head.
      Also in my flick is a WS resinmatch of all the WS that I own compared to Miracledoll, so you may find that useful as well!

19. BlitheFool I can't put in words how perfect your Vic is, just >A<;;;

Also, to my knowledge a lot of 70cm head sculpts work on smaller bodies. Technically, I tend to think of SDs as "one-size" from 8 all the way to 10 inches, and although it might depend on the head it's largely true. My IoS Chaos is originally meant for 70cm bodies but I've found I prefer his proportions on somewhat shorter bodies.

20. Oh my lord! He looks beautiful in the ws resinsoul body! And the hooved feet just made him look more majestic! Gahh Thank you so much Genevieve! Now I just need to finalise which body to get before I place my order for the head *.*

Edit: I really love how he looks like on the hooked rs body that I just might get him like that. And that means, Genevieve, you have just inspired me to modify my backstory for him! &#9829;.&#9829;