1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. I'm finally getting Xev's gear together. Contemplating his scaring and how much of it to tone down as 'old scars'. Here is his first pauldron, the other one on his right arm will be a bit different. I hot glue sueded his knees today and wired his legs. He is getting there.
      [​IMG]

2. Oh, that's interesting! Can't wait to see the finished product!

3. Ooooh! He is pretty neat looking, I can't wait to see the finishing touches on this guy.

4. Lol, my progress on Lightning is going soooo slow. Firstly, I had a clue on how big Mirodoll's busts were, but they are much bigger than I had anticipated, the same goes for her head. I am having a hard time putting 8-9 Inch Wig on her (It won't stay on lol). Then coupled with the fact that is has been very rainy and cold, I can't even attempt a face up yet. I think she looks kinda sweet, although others around me are completely terrified of her and disagree (lol) :<. At least the solid black eyes work for now and her new name is Avina, so next up is hot glue express!
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Even faceupless I think she looks beautiful! I can't wait to get my Lightning too, and see the sculpt in person. Glad you like yours :)

6. Xev is looking amazing! I always watching your progress with a project, @SteamWitch!

@Deifilia WOW! She is AMAZING in dk chocolate!! Pure black eyes work VERY well! Yes, the Miro big bust is BIG. The smaller bust is still healthy but has a sleeker profile. she's closer to a 9 than an 8/9 but wigs will fit and stay once wrangled on. *L* Maybe a velcro dot on her head's crown to help keep them. I really think that resin color suits her incredibly well! I am eager to see how she turns out! Avina is a pretty name for a very pretty girl <3

7. I bought a Mirodoll 60cm female body a few years back to use with my Light Limner Letisha. Seeing her ample bust when it arrived, I too was shocked. When I purchased Mika I also purchased the small bust because she is going to be my Hermione Granger and the massive bosom will not work with the project I'm trying to achieve.

Also, your Lightning doll is beautiful! I'd never cared for it as a male. She looks great, her skin tone looks amazing! I'll throw in a good tip for cheap but nice-looking dresses for her chest and body: I bought several pairs of Halloween gloves, the fingerless kind, that has a loop you put your middle finger though. I'll show you an example on my female Mirodoll. Not all of them worked, but it's a good option to have until you can figure out what to do, lol[​IMG]

8. I love her, she is very pretty! She has some quirks though, for instance I was surprised about her smaller eye wells. She can't fit all type of 16mm instead she takes:
      [​IMG] Which are 16mm but I find that this shape fits her the best, and much easier to put in! I also found out that she does indeed fit 9 inch wig better lol. The rest of her I am completely happy with! I hope you will enjoy your lightning as much as I enjoy my doll!

9. @chalyss
      Thank you, Thank you :kitty2 I was so hesitant to get her, let alone in the dark chocolate skin colour because it seemed very dark purpley online. But I am glad she came out with much brighter hues, and I adore her face!
      I had to learn the hard way, with how round her head is lol. I had measured her head with 9 inches on the dot... Well line... Whatever! But I decided to still get a 8/9 wig for "SCIENCE". Needless to say, I am having regrets buying the smaller size wig, but it was very cheap @ $14.00 and it came in five days so no money or time lost there. However, after all the fussing I did with wig I messed the curls up completely.
      So now I am going to soak the wig to get the curls out :doh... I did managed to get the wig on last night but I had to use a rubber band and velcro dots. Thank you for the suggestion it helps! I atleast now know I have to get a bigger size wig and won't mess up a nice expensive one... Here is Avina with her distressed mop on her head lol.
      [​IMG] I ratted up this wig so hard...

#229 Deifilia, Mar 25, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    10. The struggle is real with Mirodoll's bust. I heard they were quite large but I had no idea they would affect most of the clothes I had on hand. I should have known better, and ordered the smaller sized bust. But I didn't care and I didn't think her bust would be sooo large lol.

Thank you for your compliments on Avina it truly warms my heart:chibi. Let's all take a moment to appreciate your doll too! She is spectacular and looks so very ethereal in the photo!

Also, these are some much needed wonderful god sent tips for me, just as you said I have no idea what I am going to do atm >_< She can't wear this cheap wedding dress for ever, and I highly doubt the sewing patterns I have on hand are going to be able to fit her dang sweater puppies :...(

#230 Deifilia, Mar 25, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    11. I've had such problems with curly wigs before. If you have the patience and inclination to work with it for a bit, then you can take each individual curl, brush it out with a toothbrush (I prefer the soft bristled ones). Then get the curl slightly damp and twirl it around your finger. This will catch all the flyaway strands and reform the curl. It should be noted that this is very time consuming and it may take a while to get it down perfectly (I've practiced a LOT on my own hair).

12. Yeah, someone mentioned here that she takes really small eyes, but luckily I have a bunch ^_^ I've been into BJDs for years, so my eye collection is pretty substantial by now. I should probably grab a couple other 9-10 size wigs, though. Off to ebay with me XD

I'm sure I'll love Lightning, I'm so smitten with pictures of her =D Thanks for posting yours!

13. Thank you! Her current stance is "hot mess". I've been ill for a long time and just getting back into cleaning them up after sitting in a curio cabinet for two years. Oh, I found the pic of Mika in burnt sugar that inspired me to buy her. [​IMG]

14. I am familiar with that one! Yes, that one is classic! SO pretty!

Light Limner sculpts are so pretty! I need one some day!

15. oh glad I visited this thread! I frequent on mirodoll's facebook about updates but never on here (don't know why!) and to my surprise, I found a front-ish view of their new sculpt Sally with faceup! She's really adorable <3
      i got one head as a freebie and i do look forward to faceup her someday, hopefully ^^

16. I'd be curious to see the Sally sculpt with a face-up! Would you have a link to the photo you saw of her or be able to point me to the right direction, toufufu? I tried searching for it, but with no luck. I'd also like to see Sally one of the Miro bodies to see how the proportion is. Sally does look like such a really cute sculpt. Miro seems to be on a roll making all kinds of new stuff now. ;)

Here are my Annie and Hector. They were spending some quality time in their home library earlier today. ;)
      [​IMG]

#236 Blankqueen, Apr 2, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    17. I think this might be the pic toufufu meant? It was earlier back in this thread...

[​IMG]

I was a Bad Person and ordered Sally even though I'm still waiting on Lightning. I'm planning on modding her, but I'll take a pic of the sculpt in person before I do, so people here have some reference. :D

Also, I LOVE your dolls, they look gorgeous!

18. Oh I didn't realize that was the Sally head! She's adorable!!!!!!! Thanks, @missmerrythe3rd !

@Blankqueen HELLO AGAIN! So nice to see your gorgeous kids again, especially handsome lion Hector! Annie is so pretty and sweet! I've missed your lush photos!

19. Oooh, thanks missmerrythe3rd!!! :D I must not have gone back far enough in the thread then or then just managed to skip the page where this pic was. Hehe! Thanks so much for adding it here. Sally does look lovely! Does anyone know which body she's on here? Is that the regular 60 or 62cm one? The pics are a bit high angle so hard to say how big the head is compared to the body. I tend to like smaller heads rather than bigger ones, but my huge 70cm Mirogirl body sure could use another head and that one would require a good sized noggin.

Thanks Chalyss!!:D Yep, I seem to have regained my dolly photographing enthusiam. I had to search for it for a while, but there is it again, the photo spammer is back! Hehe!

20. My Mirodoll Mika arrived! SHe's really beautiful, and the color is more even than I expected. The only noticeable one is on her forehead. Sanding is great, but she's strung terribly slack. I can fix that easily though. A little disappointed[​IMG] [​IMG] that the small chest is still quite ample. They sent me a free 1/3 head too! Nice surprise! I think it's Rain's head. Anyway, I'm off to seal her so I can doll her up. [​IMG]