1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! She is lovely! *LOL* yes, the small chest is still big but much smaller than the default. Can't wait to see how you make her up!

Blankqueen I am SO happy you're back, I could squee!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I will!
      SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:love:hug::love:D

2. Oooh she is so gorgeous ♡

3. [​IMG] [​IMG] Was a first for me doing a faceup on dark resin. I had to start over twice and I am not happy with the final product here. I don't have the chalk colors to compliment her beautiful color yet. I'm going to rectify that soon. But I love her so much already.

4. To me, that looks like the 60cm body. I think it says on their site she takes 18mm eyes, so I'm guessing she has a decent-sized head? But it doesn't look as big as Mika's or some of their other offerings.

Joy Labelle, I love your Mika and how you have her styled! Where did you get her outfit? Mika is next on my list. :D

5. It's from Dollhearts, I bought it from Doll Peddlar recently. They have a lot of pretty dresses in stock. I buy most of my doll stuff from distributors because I hate waiting. We have to wait for the dolls but waiting on things to dress them up in sucks! hehe And congrats on your future Mika!

6. Oh my, She is so pretty! Congrats on doing her face up. I must say it is super difficult to do a face up on dark resin. I know because I literally just finished my girl's face, I am not happy with it at all... As my pastels would not hold any colour whats so ever. It was also my first time doing a face up period lol, I am terrified to post my girl but I know I need some serious critiques.

7. Ahh okay, thank you! I was out of the BJD loop for a while and I'm still catching up on where to buy all the pretty things XD

8. So here is my first attempt at a faceup period I know it is terrible guys, I promise I will fix Avina's face. BUT, I was at a complete loss when none of the materials I had were sticking to her face. It was such a difficult process. I also straightened the curly wig, I managled up from a couple post back lol. Any tips for what to do for dark skin faceups would be much appreciated. I managed to find the perfect sealer for her, so she doesn't get that dusty finish.[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      *I had white eyelashes for her but, I threw them away like a dummy. Because when I finished this faceup it was sooo late in the next day, I was exhausted and wanted to just clean up everything so I could go to bed :doh...
      *I am not sure if the pictures are super huge since I uploaded them via cellphone. Sorry in advance.

9. Oh how beautiful! You did a great job! It's unique, I love seeing new visions of art. I would never have thought to add such dazzling effects! Congrats, she's gorgeous.

As for tips for darker resin, I have little knowledge on this myself, so I started watching makeup tutorials on YouTube, as to how to shade, and what colors compliment the skin tone.

10. I think you did a great job for a first faceup! The first time I painted a doll she had eyelashes halfway down her cheeks XD Your girl is really pretty and unique.

11. Oooh! She is super mystical and magical! Very cool! I think it's a fabulous first faceup! Very symmetrical! (SO hard to be symmetrical!)

12. Joy LaBelle, you have done such a fabulous job with your dark girl!! I love Mika's styling so much. I wish my Mika had something like that too. The face-up is so nice too. I remember when I was doing my Mika's face-up and it was my first time working on such a dark skin, I had a bit of hard time finding the right colours at first. I tried a good few things before I found the right tones for the look I wanted, but it was so much fun then in the end. My Mika is a darker resin yet than yours. I'd love a Miro with this lighter tan too.

And Deifilia, your Lightning is unlike any I've ever seen before!! That's such a fun unique vision you had for her!! May I ask which brand was the sealant you used? The finish does look beautifully matte and perfect.

Here's what I've been doing with my Winnie and Apollo. I just love my Winnie so much, it still surprises me how rare she is. I hardly ever see her around. I thought she made a fun pair for Apollo. I thought they looked like two free spirits... fellow artists maybe?
      [​IMG]

13. Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments on my Lightning doll! It gives me the courage to keep doing faceups, hopefully I will get better in doing them in time!

14. Thank you for the compliment :aheartbea For the sealant I used ZM Finishing Powder Spray UV-Cut, It works well on cold days as well as humid days, and it leaves our darker resin dolls without the weird powdery effect. I also bought it from VolksUSA.com for $9.00 usd, it is a fairly nice sized can :D

#254 Deifilia, Apr 11, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    15. Thank you, Thank you seriously!!! I was really scared to share her faceup on here lol! My art of symmetry comes from me being an artist for years xD So I got lucky in that aspect. But, I no doubt want to get better before I touch my ooooollllllld old old old Soom. Whose faceup is literally faded and chipping off at the seams, she still has the old company faceup on lol (Shame on me). I am so scared to touch her, I wanted to send her off to a trusted faceup artist but, if I lose her head or anything happens to her I will never be able to replace her x-x. SO, hence my journey into learning faceup skills :shudder. Symmetry is the key to success lol!

16. LOL, I did that too with her bottom lashes I had to start over three or four times to get the right length I still want to wipe her face for a more elegant and refined look, and actually not throw away her eyelashes the next time around. Thank you for the compliment on Avina's faceup :D!

17. Oh wow! Thank you for the wonderful compliment, it means so much to me :sumomo: ! I am artist so it makes me happy knowing that someone can point out what artistic flair I did try to put into Avina's faceup. As far as tutorials on dark resin there isn't a lot of info out there on how to do them really???. I had a hard time finding out what colours looked natural on her and where to put them since her features are so small. I think I will just keep testing out what things work the best for darker dolls, eventually I will get the hang of it lol. Maybe I should also look at a makeup tutorial or two lol, it certainly wouldn't kill me :sigh.

18. Hello all! Hope you all are having lovely days or nights today! I don't currently own any SD sized dolls, but I've got plans for at least 4 of them based on Dragon Ball Z characters. I was curious if anyone here has an XM Doll Lemon and would mind taking pictures of the head? The pictures on Mirodoll's website are hard for me to see, and I've not seen too many pictures that show the face very clearly. I'd like to get his head and put it on a different body to be Vegeta, if possible. Thank you in advance for any help!

19. If you google Magical Angel Kelly you will find more pictures of him. Magical Angel is/was a sister company of Mirodoll, and all of the XM dolls are Magical Angel sculpts.

20. Oh, wow, I had no idea! I've heard of Magical Angel here and there, but had thought they weren't around anymore. Thank you so much for telling me, I think he'll be perfect for what I'm wanting! You're the best! :3nodding: