1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. Hey everyone -- I got my Mirodoll Sally yesterday, and snapped a quick pic before I started modding her so people can see her sculpt IRL. Sorry for the crappy pic, I only have a cell phone camera/I'm really not much for photos in general. Those are 16mm eyes rather than 18mm in her, I found most 18s a bit big. Her head is on the smaller side too, many of my 8/9 wigs are slightly loose, so I'll be getting her a silicone head cap thingie soon.

[​IMG]

2. The magical angel site, which may not be up anymore, had a good number more options for resin colors and Sculpts. But yes, Xing Meng is the owner of that company, which is where XM comes from. Their factory used to produce Domuya dolls, but when they folded, Magical Angel formed and used the same hinged toes feature (with permission). XM factory is down the street from the Miro factory as such things go, and as a courtesy Miro sells the XM dolls on their site. Lemon and Kelly are the same sculpt. I've seen him made into a girl even and she was stunning!

3. Oh she's cute! She could be adorable or mature.

4. The Humbrol is non toxic! I need to try this stuff. And it's cheap! Do I want varnish matte or primer matte?

And here is a lovely hybrid: Miro doll old tan body with a Granado Enoch head in their tan:
      [​IMG]

Enoch on a Miro body

Enoch on a Miro body

To be honest, he would do best with a 68cm body and I don't think this is one. He would need a donut for mobility in the head OR a big neck buff body but that neck would have to be taken down a fair bit, width wise. Still, this works for me! I will get him a new body soon.

5. Miro and Granado are a match made in heaven. He looks great! Which body are you planning to get for him?

6. Thanks, @Jany!! I think, for now at least, he'll keep a Miro body. I need a couple more in the same color. But he was unplanned, so he's down on the bottom of the list except for clothes. He needs steampunk gear! That will take awhile to piece together, I think.

[​IMG]Steampunk Enoch

7. I was feeling in a rut with my Mirodoll hybrid -- my Luts Abadon head had claimed my 61 cm Mirodoll body pretty much immediately, but to shake things up a bit I swapped my DollZone Devon onto the body. The head is a bit floppy meaning he won't hold intermediate poses very well, but I bet some hot glue on the top of the neck would help with that. I am in love again. <3

[​IMG]Siobhán by emac116, on Flickr

...Well, except for the fact that now the body is flopping forward at the waist and being rag-doll slash snap-leg at every opportunity. I don't know what happened? I restrung him, hot glue sueded the joints, and even wired the arms and legs not too long ago, so it's super frustrating. :(

8. I have an RS that does that- I haven't fixed it yet but it IS super frustrating! Perhaps try thicker strings. I know with the buff boy, if I use 5mm string, he stands like a rock but flops in 3mm. Use as thick a string as you can and maybe that will fix it. (Too thick and he won't pose well at all.) BTW, your boy is a cutie!!

9. I just received my new Mirodoll Wind 2 weeks ago and I'm really happy with her. I gave her a new face up, and even though I'm new at face ups, I'm happy with it (for now!). :D

30515784_10155726113504794_4197478884422857105_n (Tried to add the image and it wouldn't work so here is a link!)
      [​IMG]

10. WOW! She looks great! Love the attitude!

11. Thank you! Her name is Aya and she was one of the first characters I ever made up a story for when I was in high school. :D (That was a long time ago by the way lol)

12. I am not sure if this is the right place to post but I received my XM Venus and I gotta say I am impressed with her,she is really sturdy can hold her poses and her chest is bigger than I expected! She can wear most SD size clothes but tops are going to be an issue I believe overall I am happy with her. :3nodding:

13. Thanks Deifilia for the info on your sealant! I've heard before the ZM is good, but unfortunately Volks usa won't ship to me in Europe. (sigh) I don't suppose it's available anywhere else either.

Missmerrythe3rd, your Sally looks absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing the info on her proportions, wig and eye size. :) I would love to see for myself too how she is. :D

Chalyss, I was already admiring your Granado hybrid on Flickr, but I still have to say, LOVE him!!! :D

emac, what a fine looking lad you've got there!! I sure hope you get the flopping under control. I've also found the cure for that in thicker strings.

cchenique, your Aya is gorgeous!! Congrats! I love her style and her lightly mischievous expression! :D You're making me want to take some pics of my Wind now too. It's been a while since she got any photo time.

Here's my 66cm Hector, the brooding romantic in this set of photos, as my friend called him. Hehe!
      [​IMG]

14. @Blankqueen I love your Hector! He totally has that brooding romantic vibe XD

I just thought I would stop by to show how my Sally (now Greta) turned out. Mod wise, I shaved down the tip of her nose and her chin, slimmed her cheeks, deepened her philtrum a teensy bit, and carved out the cleft between her lips so it was deeper. This is my first bigger mod project in literally years, so I was happy it went okay! There's also a crapton of epoxy putty in her joints to improve posing, and she's been restrung.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Creepy eyeless pic, but shows the faceup a bit better XD

[​IMG]

15. Thank you :D

16. I finished Xevreth on the 65cm body. He was a gladiator or sorts so he is all scared up. His head is OT so here he is in a spoiler. Lots more photos of him on my Flickr.
      [​IMG]

17. Ooooh, missmerrythe3rd, you're really giving me a terrible Sally fever. Hehe! I love your dramatic beauty! She's got such personality and charisma. Great job on all the mods and her face-up!

SteamWitch, wow, your Xevreth is incredible!! I need to visit your albums to see some more of him. Amazing amount of detail! You have such vision for your creations.

My Mika was waiting all day for the rain to stop so that she could have her photo taken in the almost snowfree garden. Finally at around 6.30 p.m. her wish came true then... ;)
      [​IMG]

18. *Drapes all over @Blankqueen's pics with a happy sigh* I loooove your Miro kids! *smooches each one* Man, I wish I have Mika's waist! And style! And thank you! I will have to throw more of him up here cuz I love him, thanks to Miro for giving me a great body for Enoch's head!

@missmerrythe3rd, She looks GREAT!! Wonderful customization and gorgeous faceup full of attitude! wow!

@sunnysailor, You got the Venus body, huh? Yes, she's quite busty! The Bella is the smaller bust and maybe you can just buy a chest piece if her bosom is too much. I have one of each body and use lots of elastic tops for the Venus. But boy can they pose!
      XM poses3

XEVRETH! Sweet meow Xevreth! *hugs him gently*

And... Enoch in tan on a 68(ish)cm Miro doll body in Old tan!
      [​IMG]
      (Coat handmade by Steamwitch!)

#279 chalyss, Apr 26, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    19. Meow!!:kitty1:kitty2
      I like the colors and patterns of the coat and pants they compliment each other. That is one boy too sexy for his shirt. :whee: