1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. I will get some I will actually make Dollie profiles soon

Holy cow that is a gorgeous faceup I've always wanted the Mika sculpt because she is breathtaking and just worried how I would do a face up since she is darker skin tone

#21 FairytailDesigns, Oct 4, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
    2. Alison is a pro at getting beautiful faceups on darker dolls; you should see her flickr. So many fun dolls:D

3. Holy crap Alison your so talented

4. Aw you are so sweet @fishcake -- I think you've really made my day. I've only painted a handful of dark resin dolls but I just love them so much. It's my greatest woe that I don't have more in my collection to play with. :XD:

Thanks to you too @IndigoAndAsh and @FairytailDesigns -- in case any of this is helpful: the lighter eye shadow was able to be done with white pastel + Pearl Ex Pigment over the top for tint and shimmer. I had never done lighter eye shadow before so it was a test. I've also learned that despite what you will mostly read you can definitely use MSC for a sealant on a darker doll, you just have to make sure you dry it where it is warm and not humid (the toaster oven on 125 degrees F is what makes it possible).

5. I never would have thought to put my dolls in the oven and I'm gonna have to invest in pearl ex powders then if you don't mind me asking how much was yours, and where did you get it?

6. @FairytailDesigns Keep in mind that it's probably best to have a little toaster oven only for doll parts, since the spray is poisonous, you don't want to cook in there. And really, the temp should be 125 ish only for a few minutes, that's all you need -- but it works wonders for spraying on darker colors and in higher humidity with good effects.

It's been so long since I bought the powder, it will basically last you forever. You can use it to make all the fine sparkles on a face-up too if you brush it on lightly. I think it costs about $5 a jar and I believe you can get it at Hobby Lobby and many other art supply stores. I usually use the "interference" or "duo" colors. They look whitish with a colored tint in the bottle.

7. Do you have to wear a respirator while it "cooks"? Isn't it bad to have it inside the house? (sorry, getting a bit off topic here but I live in Humidity Ville so this is interesting to me)

8. @Dark Angel The sealant dries totally within a few minutes, and when I'm not using it I turn the oven back off, so I have noticed that fumes are really low (if any). Honestly I think when you start smelling anything it is the resin heating up because you've left your head in the oven too long (like 10 minutes). That being said, I've been using a respirator for spraying, taking the head inside and putting it in the oven and removing my respirator. I've tested this for about a year now and it hasn't been making me sick (or given me a cough or any of the things that happen if you inhale sealant) but obviously I'd advise that it would be better if you could use the toaster oven somewhere like a garage if possible to minimize exposure (I don't have that option). And I say, do it at your own risk, but if you can find a way to safely use a teeny bit of heat it removes a lot of sealant problems.

So. . . anyone else have some lovely Mirodoll image spam? :D

9. @AlisonVonderland Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into it.

And back on topic... Madison in her new clothes. (Probably should have gotten the purple shirt to match the pants :doh )

[​IMG]

10. Man now I'm gonna have to invest in a little oven which aren't to expensive and I can use them for my polymer clay creations as well!

11. Aw Madison looks great @Dark Angel -- that top is so cute and I love dolls with glasses. I was taking some pics of my own tall, long haired glasses girl today, heh. :XD:

12. Thanks! I was worried the shirt wouldn't fit. Glad it does cause it's so cute. I'm still trying to find some cute shoes for her big feet!

13. I went on Alice collection that's where I found mine for my Winnie ( lucy)

14. Iris is 70cm so her feet are bigger :(
      I'm not sure any of those will fit. At least not the cute girly ones. She's stuck wearing my boy's shoes.

15. If you can find her foot length you can try and most of the boots have some room to them

Also you might want to try uncle size shoes and hopefully find some feminine one

Also if need be you can check etsy or eBay sorry for spam

#36 FairytailDesigns, Oct 8, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017
    16. Here's that Muscle Girl body again with a Soom Migma head. (I do need to suede her neck, she is strung tight and it makes her head tough to pose at a angle.) Otherwise it's a really fun body--I need to make her shoes next. Cat^..^ made the corset she is wearing.

[​IMG]

17. @chalyss Thank you! I love this body so much--it had the peanut knees and elbows so it poses well. I just realized I have a lot of different Miro bodies, I should do a comparison shot. I also need to test a shoe pattern I found yesterday--if it's easy to put together, I will post it here.

Also that Versatility link was utterly charming :D

#39 fishcake, Oct 9, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    18. @fishcake, I'd love to see comp pics and shoe pattern!! I need to make my own shoes for some of these bigfoots. I NEED a Miro Muscle girl! I think next month I'll get one if I can, just classic NS would do. Love your Soom/grey resin match though- almost perfect!

BlankQueen/Marika/BblinkK has some the warmest, sweetest pics of Miro dolls! She's the one who does the majority of their site pics now. I am looking forward to her promoting the muscle girl if they send her a body.