1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. I will try to get some photos tomorrow--the homemade shoes were..a struggle, but I can see how I can make them better. It looks like the Muscle body can wear EID/SID shoes, though! (the flat ones)

2. [​IMG]
      I got one pair of shoes done, though the pattern needs work. I found out that the EID tops do fit the Muscle body though! XD.
      Those are pants that fit a Luts Delf and they are fine as well.

3. EID top and Delf pants? *L* Good to know! And awesome first shoes! I am thinking of just cutting foam bottoms for sandals. *L* You went way above that! Plus she looks really good on that body- seems like a wonderful hybrid go to for Soom. <3

4. Does anyone else have a problem with their Mirodolls staining REALLY easily? Mine just look at a pair of jeans and they stain! *_* Is it the type of resin that's used? Luckily, a magic eraser has been able to get most the stains out.

5. Mine haven't stained yet I have had her for almost 3 weeks now I just put them in light colors and line all the clothes in white satin

6. Naw, mine are fine and I usually have then in black. Denim though, especially dark denim, stains everything. I've ruined chairs that way! Always wash the denim jeans by hand a time or two before putting them on your dolls (any doll) or have a body stocking on the doll.

7. You're lucky. It's not just denim though that's staining mine. The metal buttons that hold my doll's shirt closed caused silver lines on her!! It came off with the magic eraser but it was the strangest thing I've ever seen.

8. I'm desperate to have Mika in dark tan, but I'm concerned that everyone who gets MD dolls have to restring them and I have zero experience, plus she doesn't have the s-hook.

Is it worth getting her since she's the perfect shell for my character, or would I be better off sticking with somewhere like RS where they usually string them well enough.

I loved the Mika posted upthread!

9. @Vexxed If Mika is the one you want, I think you should get her. Restringing isn't as horrible as you might think. Especially if you have someone to help, you might be able to just pull the string tighter and tie a new knot. Although, if you do have to restring, I recommend some kind of suede as well. I like hot glue, personally.

Mirodoll sells forceps and I HIGHLY recommend them. Maybe even two of them! Don't bother with the string puller though because it doesn't fit through any of my dolls' bodies. (I have 3 different sizes)

10. I just use ribbon for pulling. @Vexxed this is a great way to learn stringing--there are good YouTube video on how to do it and it's a skill you will use over and over. Go to the hardware store and get 3 hemostats (they look like scissors and act like clamps), get a reel of narrow 1/4 inch Offray ribbon and a clean towel to work on and you will be all set. A friend can help pull and hold if you have someone handy. Mika isn't huge so she is perfect to learn on.

11. Restringing a doll is not as bad as you think you just need patience and hemostats like everyone else has said! Also got glue sueding is a must and I think asenva has great restringing and sueding videos

12. Plus the new Miro dolls from about 2014 on do all have S hooked wrists and feet, the old ones did not. I would suggest thicker string too, but let's not overdo it the first time out. ;) Definitely hot glue suede. Definitely use a ribbon. I use the stringing tools just to help pull the ribbons when needed.

13. Thanks for all the replies!

I know about restringing with thicker elastic and about hot glue sueding but I haven't heard of using ribbons. Very glad to head that they have s-hooks now! Do they come with string pullers, or should I buy one in case the resinsoul I'm getting first needs tightening? I have a hemostat, it looks about the same size as the mirodoll picture.

14. I wouldn't buy a string puller. Just use ribbon to pull it through instead. I actually use embroidery floss and kind of double it up for strength.

15. A crochet hook can help get hold of the ribbon if it doesn't want to go through the elastic channel. I used that on a stubborn arm piece when I re-strung my Miro body after dyeing.

16. I hate restringing larger dolls - you need a lot of strength to get the tension right (OK I'm a weakling) alternatively get someone to help you most definitely - they hold the doll - you PULL the elastic! But my Mika didn't need restringing desperately - she was a little wobbly, and probably would get more floppy rather than less floppy (I had to sell her anyway) but she stood out of the box, to my surprise - I had to fiddle and balance her carefully but she did it! :XD:

[​IMG]standing by elve, on Flickr

17. Aw Elve, she is so cute! I hope your new place is working out, by the way! I also hope it won't be too stormy for your tomorrow! :o

18. She's so gorgeous! Definitely makes me certain I chose the right doll.

19. I love Mika, but she's a big head. I'd like to try her on the muscle body I think! Maybe I will ask Miro to take a pic of it for me! AlisonVonderland's Mika is also a stunner x10! The Mikas seem to clean up super nicely!

20. Hey everyone. I had a question, and I was pointed here by another member of the forum. I'm in love with the Mirodoll Annie sculpt, but the character I want her to be is dark skinned. I want to go with the dark chocolate, as it's a lovely color, but I can't seem to find any pictures of Annie in a darker skin tone. I'm just having a hard time imagining her! I'll probably take the plunge and start a layaway for her anyway, but if anyone has one that they would like to share pictures of, that would help me a lot. Thanks! :D