1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. Do you have facebook? I think I saw a chocolate Annie in the Mirodoll discussion group there... or Mirodoll 2nd hand sales group, also on FB.

2. @chalyss --I have Facebook. I'll go check out those pages! Thanks so much for pointing me in that direction. :)

3. NP! She's pretty rare in dark chocolate, but I do believe I saw /one/. If you can't find it let me know and I'll dig for it after work. :) She'd be a great doll, I think- can't really go wrong, Annie is so sweet faced! Also, the lady who takes most of Miro's site pics (the colorful ones) has an Annie but in NS. Fun to see her all dressed up though!
      Her Beau I

4. I could make you a mock up if you like? I don't have my dark chocolate Mika yet but I do have colour-accurate photos and I think I can throw it together on OpenCanvas. In fact, I'll try do that now. It might not be too lifelike but it will give you a hint of what to expect if you can't find her in a photo.

I have to apologise; I was trying out a new tablet yesterday that wasn't working quite right and when I tried to go back to my old professional intuos the drivers had been removed and the tablet wasn't working. I am short on time right now so I just had to do this by mouse. It's extremely rough and ugly and I'm so sorry, I could have done a much better job had I had access to my tablet (or photoshop, ha ha). I'm really sorry, but I'll post it anyway:

I used the eye, skin and faceup colours from the company image of Mika. I tried to outline the features somewhat but I've literally never used a mouse on OC before so it's shaky and awful. Can't apologise enough for the quality but hopefully it helps in some way, some how?

[​IMG]

5. That was so sweet of you, @Vexxed!

6. Thank you so much for going through all of that trouble to do that for me! I'm so thankful that you did. It actually does help!

7. No problem! Sorry it's so awful, wish I'd had the time to re-install my intuos drivers so I could have made something nicer!

8. Annie really is a lovely sculpt. I hope to order one in Burnt Sugar sometime (eventually. . .) to make a Malibu Barbie styled character. That resin color seems so pretty too.

9. @Vexxed --it's alright! I don't think it's as bad as you think it is. :D I'm just happy to have a better idea of what she would look like in that color.

@AlisonVonderland -- the burnt sugar color scares me a little. The sample on the site looks weird to me. I've never seen it in person or in other pictures, though, so I'm sure it's lovely.

10. Well, I like the burnt sugar color for my idea because it seems like an over-the-top tanned color, very warm and saturated. (Not terribly natural) But I've never seen it in real life.

11. Hey! Sorry for just jumping in but I'm about to order a new 66 cm boy body for a hybrid and was wondering if anyone knows if the Etsy shop MiroDoll is official? :)

12. thanks fishcake :D yes it's lovely here, and Uni is interesting! I'm on the 3rd floor of a 7 story building, overlooking the courtyard, so the weather passes unnoticed as it's so sheltered - I couldn't fail to notice the strange yellow sky and PINK sun all morning though - you could look directly at it too :?

Something else I've been looking at now I've settled in though is ..... more dolls ...... :frownyblush: having sold all but 3 of mine before moving here! shhhh please don't tell anyone about my terrible addiction.....

13. Hehe! I know exactly how that goes! Depending on how your bed is set up, you can do the student trick and raise it up on some Ikea storage boxes and then ta da more room for dolls and doll stuff! I used to keep all my doll boxes under a raised bed; I'm considering going back to that because it kept the dust bunnies away.

Completely unrelated, I ordered another Mirodoll Muscle Girl body two weeks ago AND I JUST GOT A SHIPPING NOTICE. It is in plain white, but still that is amazing. I suspect I may still have to do a little touching up on the toes and fingers. I will either dye it or see if it will be ok, colorwise, for my Android Mei head. Fingers crossed.

14. I'm not too impressed with Mirodoll's customer service right now.

I emailed them to ask if it was okay to do layby/layaway for Mika (I'm paying off two dolls at once) , and they agreed to the terms I asked for. I paid (plus an extra $5 for some eyes) and sent them an email to let them know. A day later I sent another email asking if I could have the small chest.

I didn't hear for them for well over a week and then they replied to the email about the small chest but were still asking for payment. I sent them the transaction ID and I'm waiting to hear back.

Is that unusual or am I just spoiled by Sun over at Resinsoul?

15. Well bear in mind they've just had a week's national holiday (my flatmates are all Chinese and we had a banquet to celebrate!) AND English isn't their first language, plus they are a very small company - just a family more or less. They always do their best to be helpful though, so if they make a mistake they will rectify it, but you have to be patient - they are working hard and might not have time to reply to every message you send.

16. Thank you very much, wasn't aware of any of those things. I'm happy to be patient if that's the case

17. It is Moon Festival! It's a 2 week vacation where /everything/ shuts down. Taiwan celebrates it too and we, as teachers, did not get paid for the holiday. But it was nice to have the time off. *L*

@Fallstar, yes, the etsy store is legit but I think you'd get better prices off the site directly.

@fishcake, FABULOUS turn around time, WOW!!! You should get one is every color. ;)

@elve, HAH!! dolls don't let you wait long. I am so sad you rehomed your Claudette! But maybe smaller dolls for the smaller place... she wasn't small. *L* And Fish's idea of raised beds is GREAT! I actually have a custom loft bed 30" high just so I could store stuff under it. it's like another closet!

18. Thanks @chalyss :) I did some digging and ordered from Etsy yesterday, it was the same price on the body but for some reason 6 usd cheaper in shipping. I've had some computer/router problems lately so I didn't want to order from a non https site. :sweat Can't wait to see the body and get my guy complete. :D

19. @Fallstar that is a really good point--the Mirodoll site can be wonky, and the last body I bought, it looked like the PayPal page was a fishy/broken, so I just sent them the price payment (that the order page calculated with shipping) directly to [email protected] from the PayPal site itself, with the order information copy- and- pasted into the Comment box. It worked fine, and was more secure than putting in the info at Miro itself. I also sent a backup notification email, and got a prompt response from the same email.

I will have to check out the Etsy site--I am not sure Miro gets the full price from Etsy (I think Etsy charges a commission?) but it seems like a good secure way to order.

20. CONGRATS! And that IS interesting! I have done such big orders the last few times that I get the free shipping. Yes, BIG orders. And usually I just communicate directly with Miro. I'm glad you got cheaper shipping, that $6 can go to half a wig! What head is the body getting?