1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. @fishcake Yeah I got redirected from their site to something else once and also having those other problems last weekend got me thinking I wanted a safer way to order. Good that you made a secure payment with your order when it looked suspicious. I guess Etsy takes a fee, but I had gladly paid like $10 extra to know it was safe. :)

@chalyss Thank you! :D It's really good that they have different ways to order, direct communication is nice too. The body is intended for my April Story Eternal Spring head and I hope the skin tone won't be too off, I asked them for normal classic as they only had normal and white to choose from at Etsy. They answered my question at Etsy after 4 hours so that was really great too.

2. AprilStory is a bit paler, judging by my boys here. On the far left is last year's 4SD Senior, Miro 66 in the middle and IoS Class 70 on the right.

[​IMG]

3. I always found April Story to be a yellow-based NS though not Miro NS Yellow, but the NS Classic should be a good medium color. NS Classic can easily be blushed either way, should be a pretty safe bet. Just make sure you get NS Classic and not NS Pink which is a band aid pink color and their yellow is a Volks-match yellow.

4. Yup, the pink is seriously pink. I learned that the hard way. (Timmy's new body doesn't match Timmy one bit ... and I thought Iple was pink!) Doesn't matter though, one more candidate for future dyeing projects :lol:

5. Oh yes! I hear it takes dye well!

7. LOL sorry about that formatting!

8. @chalyss the normal yellow body definitely did.

@fishcake Tárion is happy he could help. :)
      The Miro is a bit slimmer from neck to toes, the IoS is a bit more "bulky" in overall build. I'll never get over how well these Miro guys hybrid, I have yet to encounter a head Miro doesn't have the perfect body for.

9. Thanks for the comparison @Jany! My April Story head has yellowed a bit as well so I think it will work good with the classic then. :)

I really hope I get the classic, I wrote to them and asked and they said i should choose normal and they would make it in classic so I wrote both classic in the order and sent a message back with order number and classic skin option. :sweat

10. This might be a dumb question so apologies for my newbie showing but do MD girls (Mine is Mika) come with flat or heeled feet? I couldn't see the site and when I asked over e-mail they forgot to add a reply to that specific inquiry.

11. any time @Fallstar. I'm sure he'll be awesome!

@Vexxed it's been a while since I got my Miro girl (body only), but she came with flat feet. Can't remember if there were heel feet too, I'd have to check the spare parts box. :sweat But she definitely has flats.

12. Awesome, thank you! My MS girl is super into grunge and punk and likes her customised converse, doc martins and high tops so heeled shoes just do not work for her. Her current "shell" is a fashion doll, forcing her to endure perma-heels. She's going to be stoked to have a real body with flat feet, LOL/

13. :lol: She sounds awesome!

14. Thank you so much! She's a lot of fun because she's a goddess who can change her appearance at will but she's fascinated by mortals and uses her powers to change her hair and eyes so often she can't quite remember what's natural for her. I think that makes her an ideal candidate for a BJD! She can make use of any spare eyes and wigs and still be true to who she is.

My other doll I'm expecting is equally fun because she's a former second generation Bollywood costume designer and practicing Hindu who does things like mix traditional Sari material with clashing but complimentary patterns/colours. Sarees are difficult to make look good on fashion dolls but I'm excited to try it on the BJD version! She's as fascinated by the Mika's realm as much as the Mika is of hers and I'm really excited to do photo stories with them, especially once I add in characters later down the line.

I really love the faceup the Mika has on the company website.z

Does anyone know if there's some kind of gallery of Mirodoll company faceups,especially on Mika? If they're truly as beautiful as they appear in the photos I think I'm going to change my mind and pay that $20 for a faceup.

A bunch of questions about MD faceups:

1. Do they allow customisation for an added fee like Resinsoul?

2. Would they consider something like 'Could her lips please be pink' or 'could X colour eyelashes be used' (i.e single detail you would prefer to change) to be doable for free or for a small fee, or would it cost as much as if you were getting a 100% custom faceup?

3. If you have had a MD faceup in the past, how did you like it? Was it a lot like the site images or was it better/worse than expected?

4. How much longer does it take for a doll with a faceup to arrive compared to a nude doll?

5. Do the dolls come with eyelashes? If so, were they well-secured or peeling off? If your eyelashes got damaged did it remove any of the faceup when you removed them?

Any information you can give about company faceups would be great.

Money is tight for me right now with 2 dolls being paid off plus real life medical stuff so I really want to know what I'd be getting if I paid an extra $30 (I'm in Australia so I have to pay more than people from the US do).

15. @Vexxed I have a Mirodoll Apollo with a custom faceup. I paid $30 for it.

[​IMG]

I gave them reference photos to go off of and they did pretty well. It's not perfect, but it's definitely decent for the price!

My Apollo did not come with eyelashes, but I didn't ask for them either. My Iris DID come with eyelashes that were falling off and when I removed her eyes, it pulled the lashes off with it and some of her faceup around her eyes. So... that really sucked.

Throughout all my emails to them about a custom faceup, they were terrific. Here's their faceups that are on the website. Anything they do will be similar to that style.

16. The Mika used on the site is an owner pic by Blankqueen (or BblinkK on flickr), so that is not indicative of their faceups, but hers. They do have a section on their site that shows off theirs and they will do some customization when you order a face up, yes. I am not sure about various eyelash colors but I do believe they will add them for you. Asking just in case won't hurt. You may want to check the Miro Doll Waiting room threads too to see newly arrived pics.

No, I don't think the dolls come with heeled feet automatically, but flat feet. I think heeled feet are an extra $15.

Turn around time varies- if it's nude and in stock with no face up, then could be fast as 2 weeks. Custom faceups always add 2-4 weeks, depending on the company.

The MD dolls are usually better/prettier in person than on the site. HOWEVER: to make a Miro Doll shine and before you judge it, it /will/ need a restring or string tightening and hot glue sueding. These 2 things affect the posing and stability so much that you simply can't determine the worth of the doll without it. Some are scared of restringing but Miro is the perfect doll to try it on- it's pretty durable!

I have never gotten a Miro face up on my dolls (and I have bought dozen of Miros) so not sure how great they are. If you don't ask for specifics and just take their faceup, it'll be nice. They use pinks a lot. It won't have much character or anything special about it but it will glossed and look neat. Nice. Some end up very pretty and some of their best defaults have been on Mikas.

17. Thanks for giving me that to think about. Their company faceups are a bit hit or miss for me. I think I'd rather make an attempt myself and then if I can't do it properly I'll draw some reference pictures and find an Australian face-up artist. I will watch the MD wait thread, though. And the Apollo looks great. I've been seriously considering buying the head for faceup practice.

18. Jigarkhvar can I disturb you and ask you if you have received your boy? I'm still interested in that match information between Mirodoll and 5stardoll ^^. I don't want to be a nuisance though, so don't worry if you have other things to do!

19. I had Mirodoll do a custom face up on Mika recently. I sent them 4 different pictures to give them an idea of what I wanted, and I think she came out beautifully. They were really responsive to my questions and made sure we were on the same page, since there were some differences in the images. The picture below is the picture of her face up they sent me when she was done, since I haven't had a chance to take pictures of her myself.

[​IMG]

20. I had a shipping notice for my 66 cm body this morning and it's only a week since I ordered! It makes me a bit nervous haha, not used for things to go so fast. :sweat