1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. Thanks for showing me the faceup, @clericriff , she looks lovely.

I think I'll try her myself but it's not the end of the world if I wind up sending her on for a professional job. Better to practice on the lower cost dolls, I suppose.

2. @clericriff she came out so cool! I did not know they would make the eyebrows so detailed!

3. @clericriff, wow! I am impressed by what they did for you! I was amazed at the lips, actually- well done indeed!

4. Thanks for the compliments @fishcake and @chalyss. I am hoping to get a nice dreadlock style wig for her soon, but I haven't decided if I want to bite the bullet on the expensive one or get something cheaper...

5. You can get away with cheap dreadlocks, actually- they still manage to look good!

6. Eyebrows are seriously 80% of the reason I consider getting faceups. I want to be in control of my Sophia really badly but I'd give anything to have someone else do her eyebrows. Same with the Mika, but I'm not sure what her look is yet. I just can't really get eyebrows acceptably symmetrical yet, let alone draw in little hairs and such.

It;s frustrating to have some artistic skill, but not enough to be satisfied with your work.

I'm also frustrated that I'm ready to pay off my doll but MD hasn't got back to me about the final total owed.

Cheap dreads really do look good, don't they? And there are SO many ways to make them.

#106 Vexxed, Oct 26, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    7. @chalyss makes gorgeous yarn wigs that look (IMO) better than any commercial dreads. Plus there are a billion colors available in yarn!

8. Fishie is too kind! But yarn is pretty cool really- some of it is already partially dreaded for you (twisted silk), there are different textures and some amazing colors! I would like to try dreading nylon at some point, but there are wonderful tutorials on DOA and other places to help you make them. No need to pay $100+ bucks on dreaded wigs!

9. Hello! I'm thinking of making a MiroDoll my very first BJD- those sale prices are hard to say no to. I'm waffling between doing the face-up myself or having the MiroDoll artists handle it. It seems like a good opportunity to practice before I move on to my "bigger deal" dolls someday. I'm leaning towards going for the 1/4 Yaya; she's small and cute-looking and might fit a character of mine for the time being. I do, however, have some questions. Does anyone know what size eyes and wigs Yaya would take? Same for 60cm Annie, and 60 cm Orlando. Just figured I'd ask to double check.

10. Hi! Just a couple of suggestions:
      1. (My opinion ahead) I wouldn't recommend getting a doll just because the price is right. You did mention that she might fit a character of yours, so that's good. But I would save up for the doll you really want instead of just buying one that's cheaper. But, if you want one to practice faceups, then a less expensive doll is an OK idea. :)

2. Mirodolls take a bit of work before they are "ready". Obviously, you don't have to do any of this, but it really helps them to pose. Your Mirodoll will most likely need restrung. Or at least tightened. Also, hot glue sueded and wiring will really help.

3. I have an Iris which is the Orlando head put on a girl body :lol: She wears a 8-9 wig and currently has in 16mm eyes. I'm sure she would look fine in 14mm eyes as well. (you can find a picture of her on the 2nd page of this thread, I believe)

11. Just hope to share a green color Orlando. He can stand like a rock.

[​IMG]

12. What a fabulous green!!! <3

13. Hey guys! I was just wondering if any of you have their 72 cm boy body? I can't seem to find any reviews and I'm trying to find a good muscular body to hybrid my granado boy. Any info you guys have would help!!

14. I have a bunch of Granado heads and Miro bodies I could take pics of for you - not the 72cm though, my crew are 68cm and shorter. (Also my 68cm body has been dyed, so if anyone else has pics of that in its default colour that's probably a bit more helpful ... also, which head? Granadudes are awesome!)

15. @chalyss thank you so much for that thread! It's really helpful and I Think you're right about the 68cm body. The 72cm one looks like it'll be way too big from your pictures.

@Jany that would be helpful! I have a Uriel that's in desperate need of a body. Could you possibly post a picture of what a granado head looks like on the 68cm body? I'm just not sure about the proportions and how it would look with my head

16. Sure! I'll have a game of Musical Heads with my Granadudes and get back to you ASAP. :)

17. I don't know how I always forget about Jany- she's a wonderful hybrid resource!

18. Awww thank you @chalyss! :blush I guess I'm just not that active in this thread any more, I have mostly gone into lurker mode lately ...

19. Ah! That must be it! Still, we can use our Jany's knowledge and dolly hybrid pool! At least you de-cloak when needed, like a super hero stepping from the shadows! OooooOOoooh! Super Jany!