1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Discussion Part VI

Sep 9, 2017

1. *does a superhero landing*

Here you go!

[​IMG]
      Terrible artificial light pic, but does show proportions - Dave (Vipo07) on his Miro 60 just for fun. I do think the 68 would be a great choice for Uriel.

2. Aaaaa @Jany thank you so much you are a life saver! That body does look really nice with that head and the proportions seem great! Thanks again looks like I'll have to put that body on my Christmas list lol

3. Nice Jany!! BTW which hands are on the shorty? ;)

And is that VIPO 07 in NS on a yellow Miro body? Match looks great!

4. @Justjordy0 you're welcome! Glad I could help :kitty2 Both Granado and Miro hybrid extremely well, so that helps too. The head gaps a little as the Evol/Embody necks are thicker, but it's not too noticeable when they're wearing wigs and clothes.
      Word of warning though, I was pretty unhappy with that body for a good while until I found out what caused him to fall all the time. Miros need a bit of TLC to perform, but I'm sure the regulars of this thread have mentioned that. They're awesomely affordable though and they do great once you figure them out.

@chalyss bingo, full marks! "Shorty" haha, I'd be dolly-murdered in my sleep if I dared call him that to his face. He's perfect, the body is a bit more yellow than they usually are as it was second-hand and a couple years old AFAIK, but it's spot-on Granado new normal. :3nodding: His face looks slightly pinker because of the faceup, but the default match was unbelievable.
      Those are Iple nYID hands (from a rather pink batch, so don't look all that perfect) - Timmy (IH Noel) left those behind when he moved onto the 66cm Miro body, Dave needs larger hands but I don't really want to order from Iple only for a pair of hands (or two). I don't mind throwing all my monies at doll companies, but I do mind paying more for shipping than for the actual goods :eusa_sile

... now I've gone and confused myself. Dave needs jointed hands, the dyed 68cm boy is supposed to get the Iple ones. :doh Too many plans at the same time.

#124 Jany, Nov 3, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    5. @Jany yeah I've heard that Mirodoll bodies need some TLC to get them to work right. It'll be good practice for me since I only have one full doll right now and she didn't really need anything done to her when I got her. I plan on giving the body some mods too? So it'll all be a learning experience for me for sure and I'll have to tighten and suede him for sure. Possibly wiring too? I want to make him the best poser he can possibly be haha

6. That will definitely help. Miros make great "experimental subjects" (see Mr. Dyeing Project up there). ;) You also want to check the length of his legs, mine's right leg was 2mm shorter. Easily fixed with apoxie / milliput, but just as easily overlooked ... he stands like a champ now that's fixed, even without sueding (I need a better hot glue gun before I tackle that).

7. Wow! *L* I've bought dozens of Miro bodies and I've never had one with shorter legs like that! (Or I never noticed...) I wonder if they confused a piece for another? Like a 65cm's calf or something. That is ODD. Good thing you knew what to do!

Sueding, restringing (I suggest 4.5mm or, better yet, 5mm strings for the Miro boys. I think they come with 4mm which will work if tightened and wired. With 5mm strings you probably won't need wiring.) Hot glue seuding is always a good idea with almost any doll, so it's great to practice on the inexpensive Miros! I've done some modding that includes trying to make a swivel joint at the upper arm. I'll post those later as I don't think I've uploaded it to flickr after rescuing it from photobucket last night. The Miros can be made very poseable, actually!

8. It's the topmost part, the one that goes in the hip joint. The leg parts are perfectly even, which is how I missed that little detail for years. o.O VampireAngel13 and I decided to give our respective Miro boys a complete checkup to figure out what their issues were, here's the beginnings of results. Also please feel free to add anything we might have overlooked, or any tips on how to help those guys pose better. :hamster:

9. That's such great advice! Thanks so much guys. I'll definitely get some thicker elastic then if it works so well. I'm excited to mess around with a new body, and it's a lot easier knowing that their bodies aren't terribly expensive so I'm not as nervous about messing up

10. That's the spirit. ;) I *think* mine's been strung with spare Iple elastic, but I'm not sure ... I got him unassembled, back before Miro started using S-hooks, so I thought it easier to just string him up myself instead of cutting the string loose for re-stringing and adding hooks. I seem to remember stringing the girl I got at the same time with the boy's elastic and using thicker stuff for him. But I lost track about who's been restrung how many times and where the respective elastic came from long ago :sweat

11. Oooh! I have never even thought to check that, @Jany! I think I need to look my boys and girls over now! Interesting!! And really weird. O_o

I will check out that link you put up too!

@Justjordy0, yay! They are fabulous learner dolls! Especially when you get into boil modding and apoxie adds and stuff. Courage is easier on the less expensive ones. ;)

12. Sooooo..... I've been wondering why there was no Miro discussion for over a month.... new thread!! eeep!!! =flails=

For anyone curious, I have a "big girls" comparison from Saturday's doll meet! From left to right: Resin Soul Big Girl, Mirodoll 70cm, Dollstown 18years.

[​IMG]
      Comparison - Resin Soul, Mirodoll, Dollstown
      by TasiaChiba, on Flickr

#132 TasiaChiba, Nov 6, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    13. Fabulous pic, @TasiaChiba! Thanks so much for that! (and welcome back! ;) )

14. You're welcome~ There's not many informative pics about the Miro 70cm body, so any and all are wonderful to have. I wish I'd done a few more but I wasn't thinking beyond side-by-side, lol! Like, I really wish I'd compared foot sizes, haha! I will say I really liked the Resin Soul body. I had wanted to get another 70cm body in normal for my Bella Auden and a Migidoll Mu I need to buy, but I'm really thinking about the RS for my Bella Auden since it's a little more wispy, hehe~ (It's nice to have different proportions, heee)

And thankies, thankies ^_~

15. [​IMG]

Hello!! I'm back with my photo spamming. I hope everyone has had a great autumn! I got the new 66cm body for my smaller Apollo head and Hector heads. I'm in love with the combination!! Apollo looks pretty darn handsome imo with this new taller body. I had such fun last weekend taking these pics of him in the snowy garden. He has just jumped up the ranks to being one my favourite guys in the house! :D

16. @Blankqueen, your Apollo looks wonderful. Such a sweet face. Great snow photos too.

I need a dark body but I don't like all of the sanding marks on dark resin so I think I will order white skin and dye it myself. That way I can fine tune the color to match my head and not worry about sanded gates and seam sanding.
      I am going to dye another body this afternoon so I will see if my dyeing skills are up for the task.

17. He looks amazing ! :love The photos are great too.

18. Hi...
      Anyone know of any different hands that fit Mirodoll 68cm boy body? I have two hybrids with these bodies, and I'd love some different hands for them.

19. I know that Doll legend 70cm , Dollzone 70cm hands fit but I'm not sure about resin match since mine are white.

20. Awesome! Thank you. ^_^ I'll take a look at them.