1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jan 27, 2011

1. the smaller MSD bodies they have are 34cm without head from feet to top of neck, or at least that is the measurements they gave me directly, so I guess 41-42cm sounds about right ..about the same height I figured as my Resinsoul single jointed girl when I measured her...but obviously more muscled. I'm still indecisive if I'm going to order one of their MSD bodies, it would be cool to have a more muscled doll amongst my MSDs.

2. I like their growth, it is ideally suited for history about my dolls, but girls for such growth have a big breast.
      I in confusion.:|

3. I will be putting in an order with a friend sometime in the next week for a Vivi. I was not impressed with the dolls looking on the Mirodoll website but OMG I had a chance to play with a Robin and to see the 1/3 size dolls and they are awesome. My Vivi is is a very short teenager and will fit in quitenicely with my crew. They are crazy posable. I am so looking forward to getting my new girl

4. dhawktx Hi....yup those were the one I was talking about....seing them in person and being able to hold them....yup had to have one.

5. So which are considered the old bodies? I had thought the ones listed under Dolls section were the original bodies which are 42 and 44cm. And the newer ones listed in the Body section which are 41cm. Maybe I have that backwards? Anyway they do have 2 different sized girl and boy bodies. They have a photo of the MSD Dolls next to a 1/3 doll here: http://www.mirodoll.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=175 those are the 42 and 44cm ones.

@dhawktx: Is the MSD in the second link (with the 2 SDs) you posted in the normal skin? he looks kinda of yellow, also what head is that? It looks larger than what I thought it would be if you can measure it that would be awesome! If you have a RS MSD that you could possible do a side by side...any will do. Thanks

Edit: duh nevermind about which head there is only 2 boy heads and that one I see is #07..lol

6. The old bodies are the ones in the body section. The new bodies are the ones in the dolls section.

7. ah...I wasn't familar with them before they were mirodoll..thanks. I like the old bodies/heads better than the new I think. Since there was more detail it seemed to me on the ones in the body section I assumed they were newer..oops..lol

8. OK, I've asked over in the RS and BBB mini thread, too, but should also ask here. I just ordered the shorter, muscular Mirodoll body to hybrid with my RS An head. The measurements tell me the hybrid should work, at least for my tastes, if making my boy a little short. But I'd like to know if anyone in here has both the body, and a RS or BBB mini head that they could temporarily put on the body for me to see just how it looks? I know that even if my An boy doesn't wind up with the body, I'll find something to do with it, because I just LOVE how it looks from photos!

9. Kitty: He's NS and VERY pink! Never mind what the camera decided to do, da boy be pink! I don't have any RS, but he is also SHORT, a short stocky body compared to the tall slim RS bodies. He's barely 40 cm with a Fairyland LTf head on him!

10. you put a 'fig leaf' on a deity LOL but the head is soooo cool... I keep finding more doll types to fall in love with....

11. So I don't even have my new Vivi yet but we had a swap meet ths weekend with my local group and she scored big. she has everything she needs to come home ^_^

12. huh...I'm suprised I got my 60cm dolls in NS and they don't seem that pink...could just be the run resin they did at the time, although it doesn't match too bad with RS. Kinda wish I would have gone ahead with the MSD sized ones I could use an new body for my Sprite head.

13. According to what I read on the Big dolls Miro thread, you can send them a sample and they'll match it, though there was no mention of cost. What if you contacted them and sent them the headcap?

14. posted this in the SD discussion but I did a somewhat comparison with different dolls and Mirodoll NS (comparison gallery here with more photos: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...Comparisons-Doll-Nudity&p=9841534#post9841534)
      [​IMG]
      All these in my opinion are good matches with minimal blushing. I didn't think my Mirodoll was more pinky at all then my Resinsoul it seemed mirodoll was paler than RS..may just be different batches?? It is pretty much almost exact match with Angelsdoll though.

Edit: hmm not sure why the photo is a little distorted..strange might have to try and take a better photo this one was inside with natural sunlight coming in no over head lights. I tried to take one outside but couldn't get the differences very well with my camera everything was looking very bright.

15. KittyBlue: Her head being 7 years old, it's from back in the day when the BBB NS was more yellow, and a closer match to the Fairyland NS. Being yellowed on top of that, he won't match the current BBB cast NS. That's the same problem I have with my boy. He's old enough to be the old NS, and yellowed. Really, all it means is blushing the heads to match any hybrid we might make with them, though, because they don't really match much of anything. Too yellow for a lot, too pink for the rest. And on mine...add that his jointed hands (which I fully intend to use with his new body assuming they fit the wrists OK) are a yellow NS. Yeah. I might be trying to intentionally yellow my Miro body some just to tone down the pink a little. Especially with it being such a good match to the current BBB cast NS.

16. Miro's 'tan' is meant to match Iple's real skin or Angelsdoll's vivid skin, so it's not exactly tan. Ah, it's an almost perfect match (I hear) for BBB's lt tan/coffee. If that helps. And it probably doesn't.

17. er..ok not certain what this was in response to..lol. I don't remember asking a question, maybe this was intended for someone else?