1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jan 27, 2011

1. Congrats @sunnysailor ! These girls are small and slim, maybe you'll want to wait anyway?

2. That is what I'm thinking too but I might get her some hoodies and sweaters I don't have an issue with being over sized on her.

3. Hi guys!
      I'm really excited because I just placed an order for the new msd boy (Peng) in light grey skin. Since he wasn't sold as a complete doll I had to order the head an body separated. I choose the new msd boy body, lets see how it looks like in real life :wiggle
      Do you know how long mirodoll takes to ship your doll? I bough a Lilli before but from their etsy site, so I don't know the shipping times when you order directly from the official page.

This was my Lilli, I sold her a couple of months ago:
      [​IMG]

4. @0javi0 congrats! I can't wait to see your new boy! Their grey skin is beautiful I love the shade of their grey skin! :3nodding:

5. Does anyone have the New 1/4 Female Body's underbust measurement? I'm going to be buying a Lili sometime in the near future as my first BJD and I want to make some clothing and underwear for her, so I was hoping someone could get this measurement for me. TasiaChiba's measurements from page 23 are super helpful, and this is the only measurement I still need in order to adequately make her clothes.

6. AH! my mirodoll Peng arrived! I made a thread at the arrivals gallery, I'm so happy with him :)
      [​IMG]

7. @0javi0 Congrats again, he is so cute! His hands are also kind of prettily posed. Well, much less stiffly posed than 1/4 girls current body.

8. Oh, I am SO sorry I missed seeing this! Thank you for the complement! I'm always on the lookout myself for measurements, so I definitely want any I take to be available to others! Thank you for pointing out that I was missing such an important measurement. I have edited my original post and added in two measurements, one for bust and one for under bust. I also edited my glaring circumference misspelling!

For reference:
      1/4 new girl Bust Circumference: 17.3cm
      1/4 new girl Under Bust Circumference: 16cm

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask away~

9. @Sparkler Sorry if you already realise this, but it wouldn't have been obvious to me buying for the first time from Mirodoll, so I thought I'd mention it. I'm not sure the new body is the one that Lili comes with if you buy her as a doll rather than a body and a head. It doesn't say on their Lili page which body she comes with, so it might be good to ask to check to make sure you get the right body.

10. Hrm... they had the new body out already when I bought my mothers. I made a special request for the old body, but I think they had changed to offering the new body with her. Still, not sure, and I'd recommend anyone wanting to buy to ask before purchase. Or make a note which body they prefer~

Oh, and the newer body does wear minifee clothes, but I'd recommend the bigger busted minifee over the small bust. If clothes fit the small bust minifee, it'll be too tight for the 1/4 new girl body, but will definitely fit the old one!

I also need to take measurements of the old body... never finished that, lol, unfortunately, that doll is with my mother who is currently with my brother in another state atm~ Will have to wait some more! I can take measurements of the new boy body, however. Which, I love madly except for the neck. It tapers towards the top making it TOOO narrow for nearly any 1/4 head. I plan on building mine up with some apoxy to fix it. Otherwise, it's almost an identical copy to Resinsoul's 1/4 boy, size wise.

[​IMG]Mirodoll Hybrid Headswaps pt1
      [​IMG]Mirodoll Hybrid Headswaps pt1

These pictures use a Lili head on the male Resinsoul body for comparison, heh~

11. I ordered from mirodoll last month and I didn't ask them what body Lili came with, she came with the old body (that's the one I wanted anyways)

12. @TasiaChiba
      Thank you for the comparison! I was thinking of buying a Resinsoul body and didn’t know how tall it was compared to Mirodoll’s.

13. Oh, you're most welcome! I'm glad it was of help!

14. I haven't had the good sense to check in on this thread for a while, but I'm thrilled to see there's been plenty of Miro 1/4 action here! Peng has made it to the thread too - awesome! He looks like such a fine young fellow there in your photo 0javi0! You're making me want one in grey too.

I took some Labour Day celebration photos of my girls Lili and Yaya this morning. I just love these girls!!
      [​IMG]

15. They are really cute! I love their outfits.

16. @Blankqueen Welcome back! You're photos are beautiful! You're so good at making these girls look so gorgeous. I love their outfits and the red hair really suits them both.

I have a Yaya head on the way, I'm inspired by the lovely red hair of your doll.

17. Thanks so much, Molliebean!! :D I've had such fun styling these girls. Their outfits are by Style4Doll on Etsy. I really love her work.

Thanks very much, ella_tron!! I can't believe I've forgotten to check this thread for so long. Thanks on my girls. I always love photographing my two Miro sisters. They have so much personality! Congrats on your upcoming Yaya!! She will make a wonderful companion for your Lili. After seeing your avatar there, I had to check out your instagram for more photos of her. ;) She's sooooo pretty!
      And you have the new 1/4 body as well! My Yaya here is sharing a body with my Doll Leaves Vivian, so she would need a body of her own. How do you like the newest body? I think it looks so lovely, but does it sit ok or pose well?

18. Thanks for checking out my instagram! I really do adore her, she's been a great doll to throw me into the BJD community :D! Thank you so much for your kind compliments.

The new body is lovely! I'm really impressed with it. It has etches in the actual joint peanuts, so it can hold poses MUCH better than the old body. She stands wonderfully, can lean backwards in the stands, etc... However, it is a total pain to sit her up straight. I think the lack of joint at the hips, and the curve at her thighs, means she has to lean back to be able to sit. So she won't she in a L shape with her back straight. If you hang her legs for an edge, like sitting in a chair, she does better, but still has to lean backwards slightly. Overall though, I think given the price of her and how well she does other poses, she's worth investing in if you're looking for a nice, cheap body. But don't expect elegant sitting without some modding to the resin hips themselves :sweat

19. It was wonderful to see your pics of your girl! I'm always happy to see these dolls loved and appreciated. :D

And thanks so much for the review on the newest 1/4 body!! You really covered everything I needed to know about it there. Yeah, I was wondering about the sitting. Looking at the hips and how it's been designed, I suspected it probably likes to lean back, but yeah I think modding would help there. It looks so lovely though, I'm fairly sure my Yaya would like it well enough. :)

I wonder if I ever shared this pic of my Lili here? It's an oldie, but I liked this styling for her so much.
      [​IMG]

20. I finished my Lili's faceup yesterday, I also made her some eyes. She still needs a lot of work but I'm proud with the result (She is my first doll)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]